+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

"It must be hard being a white supremacist"

I remember you mentioning this in IRC. Guns, Germs, and Steel is a good book (only watched part of the documentary, though). The people you saw are fucking enigmas to me. They want supremacy but believe in "to each their own?" Maybe they just didn't want to look like hypocrits.

Huh. I've never seen such protests either. Then again I'm only 23, but everyone assumes by my state that I would have. But really it doesn't surprise me. Racism exists everywhere, and with all races, not just whites. The end. Funny pics though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yea never seen that down here koft

Sea Torques
    BG Level

priceless pics... lol.

id like to see them try that shit in my area, hell, cali in general lol.....

what exactly does that protest accomplish?

lol this made a very good read while DL'ing WoW Torrent.
    Funny signs :D

Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    Saying "Say no to mexico" is like saying no to 75% of our states population ^^;
    Latino = hot

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

If anyone was watching the Colbert Report a few days ago, the one where he was talking to the guy from the ACLU, you might remember him mentioning the KKK marching in a town called Skokie, Illinois. Well, that's where I live and when that happened here that was pretty much similar to what Joft experienced. There were a few of them, some of them came dressed up in the "traditional" KKK get up and others were just in normal clothes. When they stopped their march at the courthouse and gave a speech, people just threw snowballs at them the whole time. Was very interesting seeing that was the first time anything like that had happened in my town too. It was about 3-4 years ago.

Very interesting. Our culture is very much built upon religious, racial, and gender discrimination. For a long time changes have been made, slowly, but I guess there are still people being raised to randomly condemn other people for whatever silly reasons they've been taught to. With all the amazing breakthroughs in the origins of mankind in the 20th century, you'd think that people would be more educated to understand how simular all of us are, rather than still be so hateful. I can't help but blame our education system at times for it's failure to teach people about topics such as this, which could help to bridge the very small gap we seem to grasp on to so vehemently between our people.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    Saying "Say no to mexico" is like saying no to 75% of our states population ^^;
    Latino = hot
    lol true but I find it funny during most of this immigration debate a lot of people neglect to realize all immigrants arent mexican.

My boss was going on and on about some bigotist bull shit (he's Russian and born there) about how people come from mexico to mooch and what not for like 20 mins before I reminded him that he was an immigrant and that I was too (I'm from Jamaica) but he passed it off saying "we dont count".
    I also reminded him that a lot of south americans use the mexican border because its their easiest way in, not just mexicans... but he said they were all the same.

From people like those guys, I kinda expect to see/hear stuff like that but when I hear people who I believe were rational human beings go on with insane ideas about how all immigrants are evil I silently curse them with fatal nose bleeds.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    I can't help but blame our education system at times for it's failure to teach people about topics such as this, which could help to bridge the very small gap we seem to grasp on to so vehemently between our people.
    All I heard in public schools was how racism is bad and we need to treat eachother better.

Then when I got on the playground it was the black and hispanic kids that were trying to beat me up.

Institutions don't turn out racists, experiences do. While I'm not a white supremisist now, which I attribute to a liberal upbringing, I can easily see how the attitudes develop.

lol very good read.

im not gonna really mention the obvious "i wish they would do this in my area" shit cause its pretty obvious the outcome.

unfortunately, this behavior will never cease to exist. it always has and it always will. the inclination to categorize everything, including people, is engrained in the human psyche. not to mention that racism is an easy scapegoat for many problems on domestic/global/whatever levels.

cant get a job? lets blame the mexicans who work for a couple bucks and hour doing jobs that the majority wouldnt want to do anyways. i love how people often blame the immigrants entirely for moving away from an area where the poverty will likely kill them as if you yourself wouldnt do that. the first way to correct this "problem" would be to go after the employers, not the employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

All I heard in public schools was how racism is bad and we need to treat eachother better.

Then when I got on the playground it was the black and hispanic kids that were trying to beat me up.

Institutions don't turn out racists, experiences do. While I'm not a white supremisist now, which I attribute to a liberal upbringing, I can easily see how the attitudes develop.
    sad thing is, as a half black/white person who sees both sides, i have to agree. it really irritates me how the black culture aims to assert dominance through fear and violence. a lot of the stereotypes are true, and are just perpetually keeping the race down. in a situation where education should be regarded infinately higher than it is ignorance is valued more. i go to a school where the majority of the black populace went to prestigious schools and are intelligent yet feel the need to conjugate all their verbs incorrectly and say "nigga" this "nigga" that. all the while, being really loud so everyone knows they are there.

i understand there are social implications like the education system in the inner city, discrimination, poor parenting, but still it pisses me off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Andarvi is racist, he called me a chink when i met him irl. And then tried to hold my hand.

hahaha, dont front like you didnt hold my hand back

That's exactly the failure as I see it, though.

I had the same experiences when I was very young, only exclusively black. I got beat up daily for years until I got into martial arts and they pretty much left me alone after that. I was fortuanate enough, though, to be brought up in a way in which I didn't think to pair their violence with their darker skin.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Check out the girl (?), the 3rd person from the right in this picture:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3295/pic0293ut.th.jpg

Dunno about you guys, but she looks kind of hispanic to me.

Her and that guy on the left seem really enthusiastic, btw.