Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: puppet stuff     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    you better have a Peacock Charm and 2 Sniper+1s.

any job that doesn't have access to Amemet Mantle+1 is not meant to melee in XP at all.
    QFT

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongol
    blm and summoner are OBVIOUSLY mage only they actually have mp, bst has DD potential for partys, only draw back was XP loss from pets, puppets dont - xp, so its like a supper up summoner that can actually melle
    The party does NOT lose xp from bst pets. The bst only.
    It's sad.. 3 years AND PEOPLE STILL DONT FUCKING GET IT.
    QFT.. seriously people... come on.

And what does the solo potential look like for PUP? I really hope that they have some decent solo ability. Seems blu won't be much of a solo job.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Of course BLM are supposed to melee, why do you think they gave them scythes in an update?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

BRD and RDM also on there, go figure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Someonher
    And what does the solo potential look like for PUP? I really hope that they have some decent solo ability. Seems blu won't be much of a solo job.
    from talking to friends I get the impression that it's not a great solo job, but he just hit level 10 last night and was beginning to explore add ons.

he said healing your puppet was simalar to pet food. so @ higher levels when mobs hit harder, I'm not sure how you'd keep him up seeing as you can't exactly spam petfood.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Sethe
    BRD and RDM also on there, go figure.
    Eh, it doesn't go both ways. If your not on there, you're not melee. If you are then the chances are good, but not definate. RDM isn't bad at melee, they are just much more useful as mage support.

However, BRD is definatly melee. I mean they got Amemet Mantle+1 and Osode!!! XD

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonher
    from talking to friends I get the impression that it's not a great solo job, but he just hit level 10 last night and was beginning to explore add ons.

he said healing your puppet was simalar to pet food. so @ higher levels when mobs hit harder, I'm not sure how you'd keep him up seeing as you can't exactly spam petfood.
    Ah, I didn't even think about that. :'(

Maybe BST PUP can duo or something XD

Old Merits
    BG Level

Solo at 75:

EM-T target (4000-5000 hp)

IIRC a korrigan takes 2000-2500 dmg per fight against a Goobbue.

Usually damage ratio for bst /pet is 1/1 dmg, pushing 3/2 with good negative enmity. A Jug pet tends to be more like 3/1 though.

DRG/WHM can solo, but I haven't seen a parse before. Most likely the dragoon is healling around 4000 or so hp per fight. I'm guessing the damage ratio is more like 5/1 or 4/1.

I'm guessing a PUP/PET dmg ratio needs to be around 2/3 to solo well. Even with just a C or B weapon rating in h2h acc shouldn't be an issue. If the puppet has provoke as well, unlike a bst, the PUP can knock out a few raging fists during the fight. The big issue is how much damage the puppet can reduce or evade, and is feeding oil economical. As a beast I never use pet food for exp, last I looked a 600hp with max equip macro'ed in cost me close to 3,000gil...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

As shown in the POL Update page, some of the attachments can give the puppet Provoke and other things.

At Lv5 which I got to last night, I have been having him use Shock Absorber, whenever you do Earth Maneuver it makes them use Stoneskin. He went like 6 fights against EMs without losing Stoneskin. Then if he does take some damage I just use Earth Maneuver again so he refreshes it, light maneuver to Regen, and he is 100% and I go another 6 fights without taking damage.

Unless it drastically changes, it is an awesome solo.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    As shown in the POL Update page, some of the attachments can give the puppet Provoke and other things.

At Lv5 which I got to last night, I have been having him use Shock Absorber, whenever you do Earth Maneuver it makes them use Stoneskin. He went like 6 fights against EMs without losing Stoneskin. Then if he does take some damage I just use Earth Maneuver again so he refreshes it, light maneuver to Regen, and he is 100% and I go another 6 fights without taking damage.

Unless it drastically changes, it is an awesome solo.
    Holy shit that's amazing

Old Merits
    BG Level

Does the stoneskin get interupted?

I hope the stoneskin scales well though, I guess if it could cover 500 or so damage at 75 it might be ok. Maybe a high evasion mix or something similar might work as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    screw armor, armor doesnt make a good player, sure armor helps but there is enough "all job" gear to be a decent DD, i play to have fun not to fall into a role others think is the right path
    Theres definatly no "all job" gear for blm or smn to be DD.
    I don't melee in a typical xp PT as SMN, but I do melee solo and duo/trio with carby or fenrir out, and spirit taker spam.

This is gear I use: Optical Hat, Brutal Earring, Life Belt. Eat some Tentacle Sushi and you've got a double attacking SMN/WHM with the occasional double attack Spirit Taker, using Carby Pole (high damage, TP Bonus, high frequency light damage add effect). If you have access to it, wear the hydra mage set (with the acc+10/attack+10 on various pieces) and you're set, with a capped staff skill.

But yeah, in an xp PT on VT+ or on HNMs, no SMN melee setup is going to outparse the SMN just doing BPs and resting (if going for damage). If your role is to support, then you sure as hell won't be doing it by meleeing.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It looks more and more like a PUP is a solo job. And the only real solo job you can do 10-75 in a Royal Footman's Tunic or Windy CP gear.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    It looks more and more like a PUP is a solo job
    sounds expensive though with all the oils to repair and stuff.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I've been wondering if the best parties for PUP would be...well, all PUP pts...or at least 2-3 o_O Since it seems difficult to control them

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

the attatchments stack to 12, does that mean you are paying 4-9k for one time use maneuvers? or are you good with just eqiuipping one?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    the attatchments stack to 12, does that mean you are paying 4-9k for one time use maneuvers? or are you good with just eqiuipping one?
    Maybe you can equip more than one for whatever reason. Maybe three of the same attachment, each filling 1/3 capacity, for a total of 3/3 will make it stronger, or use it more often compared to the other elements?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    screw armor, armor doesnt make a good player, sure armor helps but there is enough "all job" gear to be a decent DD, i play to have fun not to fall into a role others think is the right path
    Theres definatly no "all job" gear for blm or smn to be DD.
    I don't melee in a typical xp PT as SMN, but I do melee solo and duo/trio with carby or fenrir out, and spirit taker spam.

This is gear I use: Optical Hat, Brutal Earring, Life Belt. Eat some Tentacle Sushi and you've got a double attacking SMN/WHM with the occasional double attack Spirit Taker, using Carby Pole (high damage, TP Bonus, high frequency light damage add effect). If you have access to it, wear the hydra mage set (with the acc+10/attack+10 on various pieces) and you're set, with a capped staff skill.

But yeah, in an xp PT on VT+ or on HNMs, no SMN melee setup is going to outparse the SMN just doing BPs and resting (if going for damage). If your role is to support, then you sure as hell won't be doing it by meleeing.
    I solo SMN melee alot with Fenrir and spirit taker. I am well aware of what its capable of. However we severely lack any sort of DD gear, meaning we hit for shit on anything close to our level or higher.

first off, i hate alla, secondly i was allways told, by bst's that the group as a whole lost XP for a charmed pet. this is the first i have EVER heard otherwise

but lets try to stay on the pup topic ;o
    If your charatcer level is as high as your post count, then that's probably the reason why you haven't heard otherwise