BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Zoning Troubles

My game keeps hanging at "Downloading Data" whenever I try warping into/logging into Whitegate. It waits there for a while then I get the "no responce" message. Has this been happening to anyone else?

That happens to me sometimes. I just force DC and when I log in I'm okay.

I also sometimes get "Failed to read Data" errors when I zone, or one time it actually happened in the middle of a cutscene. :/

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: Zoning Troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    My game keeps hanging at "Downloading Data" whenever I try warping into/logging into Whitegate. It waits there for a while then I get the "no responce" message. Has this been happening to anyone else?
    That happened to me a while back for Metalworks, what it was, I got a lag spike zoning in, only to metalworks. It happens in zones that are stressing on your PC, or busy zones, and an error on SE's side.

If you DC'd / got a lag spike mid zone, you cant login on the same PC, you have to get a friend to park your toon somewhere and then you log back in, or you can do it from another PC.

This happened before dynamis once, I thought my toon was demolished right before a BCD ><

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

maybe defrag your HD?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There was maint today in Whitegate and since then no problems at all. Musta been some server thing.

Vygun

Never had this problem before the maint, but I went to zone to whitegate and got the downloading data thing for 5 min then the POL error. Now i try to log in and i can't. SE was asking for people to leave the zone of they could. 800+ people in the zone this morning.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was getting that same problem the other day...but it only happened if I warped back to Whitegate somehow, if I went in from Al Zahbi I could get through fine. I think the maintenance fixed it though.

And yeah earlier today there was a server message sent to people in Whitegate that said the zone is too crowded, and asked people to leave it. There were over 650 people in the area haha

Vygun

5th or 6th try to log in and nothing.. I get stuck at the black screen after selecting character.

I didn't warp heh. I just walked from al'zabhi-----> whitegate and got stuck.

bah.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Okay I'm stuck in the downloading data screen right now...just tried to zone into Whitegate from Al Zabhi

Vygun

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Okay I'm stuck in the downloading data screen right now...just tried to zone into Whitegate from Al Zabhi
    SE smes
    Currently Ah Urhhan Whitegate is over crowded. Please move to a different area if possible.
    If the congestion does not get resolved, please note that players may be removed by force if they do not disperse
    lol. I just got in finally. Probably will get kicked out soon.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

738 people in whitegate. lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm surprised SE wasn't prepared for this. Brand new zone, 700 quests and missions in that zone, plus people constantly zoning in on ships / from those teleporters. Add on to that the stupid 1 game day or 1 real life day wait periods required in a lot of quests and since tons of people just go afk for that time, and you're gunna have a problem.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They had a system message saying the zone is over crowded. They encouraged people to go to a different area, and said they would use force if people didn't. XD

Talked to their POL GM service and apparently it's an overload of the zone. Could very well be, when I first zoned into Whitegate it had 499 people in there.

Whitegate lagged worse than Lower for me yesterday; time to find a new HP again.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think that's the type of thing SE says they used the Promyvions to stop when CoP came out.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Re: Zoning Troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Had that problem in lower jeuno in the hour or so before the expansion went live. Shutdown, restarted, everything's been kosher since. Suprising though since LJ had bout 600+ easilly that night on siren.