+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill topic 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Silent Hill topic 2

Who's gonna see this? I'mma go see it now, hopefully it'll be good, I have pretty high expectations.

still waiting for it to hit the warez servers lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ok so I just came back from watching this movie.

Very well directed, with the camera angles, it looked and felt very much like the game.

My favorite thing of this movie is the music, I dont' know if it's Air that created the original soundtrack, but it was right on the money.

Now, I need everyone's help to figure out the story lol. My friends and I each have a theory but still, it's not enough.

**SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!**

1. Ok, so when they go into town, they(Rose and Bennet) both died on impact and entered the same "Dimension/dream". Then they learn about everything and saves the real Sharon. Then Rose and Sharon go to their home and live happy ever after in "heaven".

2. When they arrive in town, they do not die but both enter the same dream/dimension since it was the "devil's" doing (little girl in the road).
    NOTE: The cause of Bennet's accident was not revealed.

So they go into Silent Hill and it's raining ashes, from the big fire. I'm not sure if they are in present time, in the past or not in a time frame at all but one thing is for sure, they are in a parallel dimension. When the little devil girl explains how Alessa "created/concieved" the real Sharon and said that Sharon was the only good left in Alessa, does that mean that Sharon was not a real girl at all? Or did Alessa have a baby while she was in the hospital?

Anyways, we know that the "darkness" was a form of Alessa's hate, and the ppl remaining were stuck in their own hell, which means that Pyramid Head and all that jazz were "good guys" in a sense. Anyways, when the darkness enters the church and has her revenge, everything is light again, and bennet dissapears lol.

When they go back to the car, the road is back again and they return home in the same dimension because Sharon is still alive?

You see? I'm stumped lol, I know i shouldn't try to rationalize this movie but I'm just looking for the hidden message of it all.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I was a tad confused myself @ the end..

Overall, i thought the movie stayed close to the game in atmosphere, which i agree probably was created by the music...In all truth though, i wish i would've waited until this just came out too see it. Wasn't as good as I had hoped, but maybe my expectations were just to high

Spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    When they go back to the car, the road is back again and they return home in the same dimension because Sharon is still alive?
    This confused me the most as well. When they came home they weren't really alive...I dunno...If someone else could clear this up a bit..would be nice lol

When the little devil girl explains how Alessa "created/concieved" the real Sharon and said that Sharon was the only good left in Alessa, does that mean that Sharon was not a real girl at all?
    This was also a bit unclear..the point that i took it from was that Sharon was basically a mirror-image of the good left in Alessa; a real girl..but only good intentions/feelings.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by worldetnies
    I was a tad confused myself @ the end..

Overall, i thought the movie stayed close to the game in atmosphere, which i agree probably was created by the music...In all truth though, i wish i would've waited until this just came out too see it. Wasn't as good as I had hoped, but maybe my expectations were just to high
    yeah Pyramid Head was weak...

How come when I played the game all my weapons were ineffective, but a little pistol hurts him?

bs

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I would have liked to see more of Pyramid Head. The few scenes that he was in, were probably the most intense

I just saw it, it was pretty bad ass.

SPOILERS

I think they all died in the accidents at the beginning and it was caused by Alessa so as to get into the church and pwn all those people. Everyone in Silent Hill was already dead and that dimension was actually Alessa's dream. I think once Alessa got what she wanted they got out of the dream and it made the road come back, but they were still dead so it was just a ghostly world.

Oh and Pyramid Head looked fuckin sweet, and that skin ripping off scene was insane, and when the nurses started slicing each other up... that was fuckin cool.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Oh and Pyramid Head looked fuckin sweet, and that skin ripping off scene was insane, and when the nurses started slicing each other up... that was fuckin cool.
    haha fuck yeah!!! I loved that part with the nurses!

Oh man, the nurse that was in the room looked hella scary!! with blood tears and all!!

But, if they both died at the beginning, it's pretty contreversial that they were in the same dimension don't you think? It's like being in the same dream as someone else i dunno. If I'm dead, I'll try to give you a call on my cell ^^;;

The thing i don't get tho, is why didn't Bennet go in the elevator with Rose?

Spoilers (although you should expect that by now)

I loved it, it really had a Silent Hill type atmosphere and story, cause when it's calm you know it's calm, and nothing will really blow up, but when the shit hits the fan you REALLY know about it and the tension keeps up steadily. Pyramid head wasn't really hurt by the pistol, it just flinched a little, then proceeded to rip shit apart.

My only beef is that the last scene wasn't that intense cause you knew that the girl wouldn't hurt (or try) Rose or Sharon, although I was sad that the cop died, she was cool =(

I think they were in a parallel dimension, not completely dead by not alive, kinda teetering on the edge. Although them being dead does make sense seeing as the crashes were somewhat significant, but Rose's crash didn't look like it was enough to kill her, although the cop looked like she could've died.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Spoilers

But, if they both died at the beginning, it's pretty contreversial that they were in the same dimension don't you think?

Being that they both crashed for the same reason, in the same place..it makes sense that they were in the same dimension.

Yeah Pyramid Head wasn't really affected by the pistol. He just went away because the light or whatever happens when it all goes normal, came. But he was fucking sweet, scared the hell out of me when all of a sudden the sword comes through the door, lol.

Alot of stuff was confusing. Was the little girl raped by that janitor or something? And didn't the janitor look alot like the cop with the burned hands?

It was pretty crazy when they showed Bennett burning alive, you don't see that in movies often. I remember one scene where everyone in the theater started laughing was when she finally catches up to the girl and her arms go on fire and she simply says "Look I'm burning." and disappears...

To me the movie was decent. It felt kind of rushed and alot more scenes felt like there should have been more to it. Also it was kind of dumb that the husband didn't fight more, he just turned around and went home.

I believe they died and were taken into that alternate dimension because remember when the husband came up to the road the cops said they found her jeep?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    I believe they died and were taken into that alternate dimension because remember when the husband came up to the road the cops said they found her jeep?
    That's right, the cop said they found a Jeep but there was no sign of assault or wtv. But they didtn' say they found Bennet's bike o.o.

Bennet shouldn't of died, she was too bad ass, she reminded of that blond dominatrix cop from Police Academy 3 lolz. The part where she was burning was very well made, was she still alive when she was toast?.. prolly not.

So back to the jeep, either vehicles can't be transported to the dimension (or copied), or the director fucked that part up lol. or they did die for real and the bodies disappeared

That siren sounds a lol like Oldton Molvapolos(sp)

WOW. I haven't been that scared/intimidated by a movie in as long as I can remember. Regardless of its flaws, it fucking DELIVERED. Video game remakes are so hard to do, because people come into the movie with so many expectations, things the game did right, things you're looking forward to. I think if none of you guys had played the games, it would really remove alot of the doubt you had about this movie being as good as it was. Yeah it was rushed in some parts, and some parts were weaker then others, but it was one of the most impressive and true to the game (feeling/atmosphere wise) movies I've seen in a LONG time.

But, if they both died at the beginning, it's pretty contreversial that they were in the same dimension don't you think?
    Remember the old lady said something like "only the dark one opens the door to silent hill" or something of that nature, maybe since they both crashed at that time the girl opened the "door" and they all ended up there

confused on the ending. Even if they were dead, why did the cell phone call go though to the husband? Or maybe they are just stuck in the alternet dimention or what have you...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sadly due to overwhelming work schedule I didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

in other note; Rusty your avatar makes me want to kick Tom Cruise in the head for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    confused on the ending. Even if they were dead, why did the cell phone call go though to the husband? Or maybe they are just stuck in the alternet dimention or what have you...
    It was just an unnatural thing, it was like how he felt her presense when she was running away from Pyramid head, the phone call was just a ghostly thing. Like when you see those other movies where thing can pick up ghost sounds (like white noise).

I can't really explain it well, but I do understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    It was just an unnatural thing, it was like how he felt her presense when she was running away from Pyramid head, the phone call was just a ghostly thing. Like when you see those other movies where thing can pick up ghost sounds (like white noise).

Exactly, like when him and the detective were in the town. Why wasn't all of the wierd stuff happening to them? No sirens, no peeling of paint, and yet they were there for awhile. Also he said he "felt Rose" as if she was there, but not really. Either they were dead, or somehow Sharon brought them to an alternate dimension by knocking them both out via the accidents.

Another question, was Sharon real? If so, who's baby was she. Wasn't Allesa kinda young to have had a child? Sorry if I missed that part.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

Exactly, like when him and the detective were in the town. Why wasn't all of the wierd stuff happening to them? No sirens, no peeling of paint, and yet they were there for awhile. Also he said he "felt Rose" as if she was there, but not really. Either they were dead, or somehow Sharon brought them to an alternate dimension by knocking them both out via the accidents.

Another question, was Sharon real? If so, who's baby was she. Wasn't Allesa kinda young to have had a child? Sorry if I missed that part.
    I believe Dahlia said something about Sharon being the good left of Allesa, but i'm not 100% sure.