Closed Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega
    The overriding reason why sea sucks:

It did not reward characters for the amount of effort put into fighting these monsters.

I'll use sky to compare to sea.

Sky introduced tons of pieces of new gear that today are still irreplaceable by any new gear that is introduced. Sea has a few, but most of them come from a boss that is so rediculously hard to pop and kill that once you beat it, you end up asking yourself, "THATS ALL WE GET!?"

If a tier two sky god that is killed on a daily basis drops +15 DEX +5% haste pants, then AV should drop body armor that has the description, "Occasionally causes total destruction".

In sea the drops don't reflect the difficulty of the fights like sky and land HNM do. Like Lockecole, I've enjoyed sea battles myself, but it gets old after your 9th Jailer of Fortitude that doesn't drop anything but some weapon no one wants.
    Who here is sick of hearing this same arguement 100 quadrillion times? I sure am. At least add some new thoughts and not spew the same drivel over and over, maybe stir up some controversy.

Oh and if they made gear as good as RoZ gear the game would become a joke. Everything would be way too easy, RoZ was so amazingly unbalanced its not even funny. It made it impossible to make future expansions without fucking the entire game up.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

I'm sick of hearing you a quadrillion times. Oh, and why don't you refute it if you're so tired of hearing it? Douche.

The overriding reason why sea sucks:

It did not reward characters for the amount of effort put into fighting these monsters.

I'll use sky to compare to sea.

Sky introduced tons of pieces of new gear that today are still irreplaceable by any new gear that is introduced. Sea has a few, but most of them come from a boss that is so rediculously hard to pop and kill that once you beat it, you end up asking yourself, "THATS ALL WE GET!?"

If a tier two sky god that is killed on a daily basis drops +15 DEX +5% haste pants, then AV should drop body armor that has the description, "Occasionally causes total destruction".

In sea the drops don't reflect the difficulty of the fights like sky and land HNM do. Like Lockecole, I've enjoyed sea battles myself, but it gets old after your 9th Jailer of Fortitude that doesn't drop anything but some weapon no one wants.
    I figured it would be obvious to posters here, but look at the jobs on God Armor from sky. Then look at the jobs on Nashira/Homam. Notice how the jobs who didn't get an armor set from sky get it from Sea. Limbus is part of Sea. Sea god armor is from Limbus. O M F G. Now go on and say certain pieces of Nashira / Homam suck, then tell me how much you use Suzaku Sunate, Seiryu Kote, and Genbu's Kabuto on your DD ninja. Oh snap, I see similarities here.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sick of hearing you a quadrillion times. Oh, and why don't you refute it if you're so tired of hearing it? Douche.
    I have. Many times. I'm not going to copy paste my arguements again, I'm sick of that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Takeno
    Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    Quote Originally Posted by Map
    Hardly proves a point. We could go out and kill AV again 'legit' and get another sash, you people would still complain about the sand in your vag because sea actually takes work.
    Says the person that got the sash. I think if anything your pussy hurts b/c you know your ls has wasted alot of time in Sea and your mad b/c you think we should all give you lots of credit for dealing with the torture? In all the time you have been in Sea there is alot of stuff you have only gotten 1 of, 1. I guess the drop rate is why alot of this shit isnt rare/ex, your supposed to share it with each other.
    ROFLMAO did that guy just say "share"? go watch winnie the pooh or something, FFXI is filled with assholes who dont say shit irl because they are "rl noobs" but in the game they think they are tough titties.
    You completely missed my point, evidently I need to speak more simply for people with slower minds. Sea has low drop rates. Do you get it now? The drop rates are so low that the people in the ls have to share the shit b/c they only have one after a year? Do you understand my point now? I cant imagine how i can break it down for you anymore, so if you dont get it no I guess there is just no hope. Your post hardly makes sense btw, and I dont think its the first Ive seen from you that missed a point/made no sense, go get some sleep, k?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How many Homan/Nashira pieces do you see that are crazy overpowered like Haidate that are worn 24/7. None? Ok then. Nashira is just minor haste on every piece with random magical stats + magic acc. Nothing like shinra set.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Oh and if they made gear as good as RoZ gear the game would become a joke. Everything would be way too easy, RoZ was so amazingly unbalanced its not even funny. It made it impossible to make future expansions without fucking the entire game up.
    That's the whole point. You start at the weaker stuff, get better gear, and then go to the harder mobs. Its called progression. Who the fuck wants 5 body pieces, 6 hands, 44 belts, 2432423 boots etc. You're supposed to fight harder things for better gear and then go to the next thing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    That's the whole point. You start at the weaker stuff, get better gear, and then go to the harder mobs. Its called progression. Who the fuck wants 5 body pieces, 6 hands, 44 belts, 2432423 boots etc. You're supposed to fight harder things for better gear and then go to the next thing.
    So what do you do when you set the bar way too high in the beginning, so high that progressing much further would break the game in half? Much of the RoZ gear is like this. Haidate, Osode (in some ways), certain cursed pieces, Ridill (biggest offender), Black Belt, Elemental Staves, etc etc are already broken and more powerful would just be silly and would mess up any semblance of balance this game has.

Oh, and the Homam Boots and arguably Legs are 2 of the best pieces of armor in the game for the respective jobs. The rest of the set is damn good too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

How many Homan/Nashira pieces do you see that are crazy overpowered like Haidate that are worn 24/7. None? Ok then. Nashira is just minor haste on every piece with random magical stats + magic acc. Nothing like shinra set.
    I could easily see BLU wearing Homam Body fulltime, and probably legs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Map
    Hardly proves a point. We could go out and kill AV again 'legit' and get another sash, you people would still complain about the sand in your vag because sea actually takes work.
    Says the person that got the sash. I think if anything your pussy hurts b/c you know your ls has wasted alot of time in Sea and your mad b/c you think we should all give you lots of credit for dealing with the torture? In all the time you have been in Sea there is alot of stuff you have only gotten 1 of, 1. I guess the drop rate is why alot of this shit isnt rare/ex, your supposed to share it with each other.
    ROFLMAO did that guy just say "share"? go watch winnie the pooh or something, FFXI is filled with assholes who dont say shit irl because they are "rl noobs" but in the game they think they are tough titties.
    You completely missed my point, evidently I need to speak more simply for people with slower minds. Sea has low drop rates. Do you get it now? The drop rates are so low that the people in the ls have to share the shit b/c they only have one after a year? Do you understand my point now? I cant imagine how i can break it down for you anymore, so if you dont get it no I guess there is just no hope. Your post hardly makes sense btw, and I dont think its the first Ive seen from you that missed a point/made no sense, go get some sleep, k?
    Look at you talking about missing the whole point... Here, I'll explain: Even though the drops are not r/x they are still rare, but, people wouldnt share them anyways because you simply cant trust anyone in this game(Chram story?).

Go try it yourself, go share a Ninurta's sash and see if you ever see it again. Or something easier, go share a Kraken Club. Eventually gonna be stolen.

EDIT:Thats how gimps in life roll. Stealing shit online and getting bashed irl.

Got my point?

Homam head for DRK, THF, DRG until the release of ToAU. Walahra Turban D:

Homam body for DRG, THF, and DRK. Not everyone can bot Nidhogg to get E bodies. I'm also interested in seeing how Algol stacks with it.

Homam legs for THF, DRG, DRK, what is better in that slot? If you don't want to look it up, THF has a piss poor selection of leg gear, and this armor is their haidate.

Homam Hands for PLD. Haste for flash, enmity for everything, HP and MP.

Homam Feet for DRK, THF, DRG. +6 accuracy, 3% haste. You'd need Dusk feet +1 to replace the hast, and there are no boots that come close to that much accuracy. It also adds +32 MP and HP which help DRK and /WHM DRGs.

Hell, the entire fucking Homam set for BLU. HP, MP, Haste, +accuracy, +magic accuracy. There isn't anything better in the game yet.

Nashira hat for RDMs. Our drop rate on RDM AF2 hats in Xarc hasn't been too great lately, so this is a great hold over until they dropping agian.

Nashira legs for RDMs. I know a lot believe in +8 INT +8 MND of Mahatma, but there is another crowd that loves seeing that blue enfeebling number go as high as it can.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have. Many times. I'm not going to copy paste my arguements again, I'm sick of that.
    Maxx is right, I would honestly bet alot of people that bitch about Sea bitch because it's the cool thing to do. I personally enjoy it quite abit, fun fights, the torques are nice, some of the weapons are pretty good (PLD/NIN Dual Wield Justice/Joyuese GG). Of course my LS never really agreed with me on this (likely due to our awful record on Torque and Cape drops).

While the loot tables are people's main concern, for LSs like Deme's that are almost totally capped out on Kings and Sky, what else is there to do?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Homam legs for THF, DRG, DRK, what is better in that slot? If you don't want to look it up, THF has a piss poor selection of leg gear, and this armor is their haidate.
    I cradle my Homam legs everynight then weep in sorrow at the fact my PLD has lower Utsusemi recast then my NIN D:

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Maxx is right, I would honestly bet alot of people that bitch about Sea bitch because it's the cool thing to do. I personally enjoy it quite abit, fun fights, the torques are nice, some of the weapons are pretty good (PLD/NIN Dual Wield Justice/Joyuese GG). Of course my LS never really agreed with me on this (likely due to our awful record on Torque and Cape drops).

While the loot tables are people's main concern, for LSs like Deme's that are almost totally capped out on Kings and Sky, what else is there to do?
    Do some ToAU or level another job so they have to camp more and get the abj for the new job.

Do some ToAU or level another job so they have to camp more and get the abj for the new job.
    Or realize that really, only the leaders are capped out on kings/sky, and that's why they are naziing the peons to go farm sea instead for their fat loots.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

It wouldn't break the game. Fights are already easy. Its the new content that makes the game harder. Honestly I don't give a flying fuck if a piece of equipment allows me to kill nidhogg a few minutes faster than I would without it because guess what, I STILL WOULD HAVE WON.

HNM fights have reached the point where the gear you have doesn't really change whether you win or not. Look at sea. You can't kill Jailers the way you beat every other mob in the game. It requires thought before you can just blow the mob up.

So honestly, why do people dread gear that will make fights go faster? The players have already gotten pretty much every new NM fight down to a science so who the fuck cares if it goes faster?

Oh and Edit: I'll admit that Homam is pretty good, but Nashira is situational at best.

It wouldn't break the game. Fights are already easy. Its the new content that makes the game harder. Honestly I don't give a flying fuck if a piece of equipment allows me to kill nidhogg a few minutes faster than I would without it because guess what, I STILL WOULD HAVE WON.

HNM fights have reached the point where the gear you have doesn't really change whether you win or not. Look at sea. You can't kill Jailers the way you beat every other mob in the game. It requires thought before you can just blow the mob up.

So honestly, why do people dread gear that will make fights go faster? The players have already gotten pretty much every new NM fight down to a science so who the fuck cares if it goes faster?

Oh and Edit: I'll admit that Homam is pretty good, but Nashira is situational at best.
    The man said it >.>

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The game is bigger than HNM fights. It would break Meriting, Soloing, Assault, Missions, Job Balance (even more), and more. It would also make them have to escalate new content to impossible levels for people who have the awesome gear to have any challenge which makes the game suck for people who haven't played for over 2 years. So you piss off a whole bunch of people who leveled to 75 only to learn its impossible to experience fresh content and have to grind the old shit over and over again while the new, creative things can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik

Or realize that really, only the leaders are capped out on kings/sky, and that's why they are naziing the peons to go farm sea instead for their fat loots.
    Ground kings and farming sea are far from mutually exclusive. We haven't stopped camping these except during our initial rush to get everyone sea access (what a blunder that was =_=).

But meh, I have zero mage jobs leveled besides BRD (NIN, WAR, RNG, PLD being my others) which I use almost only for Ballista (ever hit a BRD who's wearing -41% dmg gear? XD). I farm sea to equip the mages who have been in the shell for a damn long time. Do you think I really want a Novio Earring for my NIN/BLM? I have no fantasies that my LS can kill AV without the wall, so you can't claim its drops as my motivation.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Good job...

Ridill allready breaks meriting. What will something better than ridill do ?

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Good job...

Ridill allready breaks meriting. What will something better than ridill do ?
    SOLO MERITING

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast