Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Glad I didn't waste time/money on CoP then. Though I still want the ring and I wanna go fight Bahamut too.

Banned.

BG Level

Sea is kickass(and even better if you include Limbus with it). It's the pop NMs inside it that blow.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

missed this topic before but.. Gundam you happen to be from [M]?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Sea is kickass(and even better if you include Limbus with it). It's the pop NMs inside it that blow.
    No, sea is the place where you go to get obis, gorgets, and run through very quickly to get to limubs.

Sea is terrible and the criminals responsible for making it need to be apprehended and punished to the fullest extent that the law will allow.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    No, sea is the place where you go to get obis, gorgets, and run through very quickly to get to limubs.

Sea is terrible and the criminals responsible for making it need to be apprehended and punished to the fullest extent that the law will allow.
    aka thrown in to the dungeons of Yin.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I use teleport-any -> sea -> tav -> /blm + warp when I sub whm to get back to Turban Land. For the three times I did this yesterday, I was the only person in zone >.>;

Welcome to sea, population you.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Welcome to sea, population you.
    \(^-^)/

Banned.

BG Level

I count the whole 'name in science' quest as apart of Sea... in theory, Limbus is only a zone within Sea(without a region of course). Anyway, new (and interesting) monster types, very nice graphics(and design), and very nice exp zones(for solo/duo/trio as well). The flaws within the region itself are few. What everyone hates are the Jailers, which is perfectly understandable, but Sea is one of the best zones SE has ever added. ToUA is full of things that were created in Sea.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I count the whole 'name in science' quest as apart of Sea... in theory, Limbus is only a zone within Sea(without a region of course). Anyway, new (and interesting) monster types, very nice graphics(and design), and very nice exp zones(for solo/duo/trio as well). The flaws within the region itself are few. What everyone hates are the Jailers, which is perfectly understandable, but Sea is one of the best zones SE has ever added. ToUA is full of things that were created in Sea.
    Sorry, but there is no way to separate sea the zone from sea the end-game area. While you may not hate sea as a zone, it is a symbol for everything that is detestable and loathsome about CoP- it is so close to good, and if they just listened it could be good, but they don't and it isn't.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

if they wanted sea to have people in it, oneeeeeeee thing they can do and it is all fixed : remove level caps on missions.

Whee there we go. Now I know some people will say waaa they were easy, I dont want them uncapped! Well, look at the population of people exp'ing in Buffalo Tickets compared in under a week , aswell as Sky, Ulegard Range, Bibiki bay, compared to the number of people exp'ing in Lumoria zones in over 6 months.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    if they wanted sea to have people in it, oneeeeeeee thing they can do and it is all fixed : remove level caps on missions.

Whee there we go. Now I know some people will say waaa they were easy, I dont want them uncapped! Well, look at the population of people exp'ing in Buffalo Tickets compared in under a week , aswell as Sky, Ulegard Range, Bibiki bay, compared to the number of people exp'ing in Lumoria zones in over 6 months.
    is that because of the missions, or because:
    -some VT/IT ToAU mobs are on 5 min repop
    -Signet/Sanction doesnt work in sea
    -no beast/kindred seals (I think)

Then you mentionned sky / uleg range / lufaise / KRT. Those places, with the exception of one party in sky and one in uleg range (PT leader here is mnk73/drg36, you be the judge), are empty. Now, is that because the XP in ToAU is OMFGWTFBBQ better, or Walhawhhwahwha Turban ?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

mix of both. Sea doesnt drop seals, but the exp there is very very nice when I did an axe burn in sea. Repops were standard 16mins, and it was a roaming aern party.

lots of the missions are tedious to go through in CoP, we've all had this discussion and been on either side of it, but the end reward of sea (being another exp spot if you disreguard the jailers) compared to the end reward of sky (same as sea, disreguard the jailers), the missions were much easier to get through which brought more people into the zones, unlike sea which was much harder to get to, and there's still hardly anyone, if not, a single person in sea now for exp.

I tried many many many many many times to get people to Sea exp, or to get people into sea in general, alot of people just hate the zone, and my friends who havent got sea yet dont care about it anymore. Even when ToaU wasnt out they didnt want it, /shrug.

Sea is dead.

- no seals, no crystals, no drops worth even carrying home
    - no CP (though out-of-zone signet items work if you have the buff)
    - the mobs are trickier than ToAU merit mobs (y helo ther thf, mnk, nin, bst aerns...)
    - over half of the merit population @75 doesn't have access.

The only thing that will keep people going to sea is nazi HNMLS leaders that haven't gotten the wtfbbq itamz that they "need", and have the ability to dictate unrelated drop distributions in order to beat people into coming.

I'm still thinking of putting together a fren alliance to pop JFaith, so I can get myself a torque :-/

Old Merits
    BG Level

CoP in general showed how little SE related to its actual player base. The only player content (besides a few items) that actually made the expansion worth installing were a few exp zones, enms, and limbus. For the vast majority of people, getting access to Lumoria was of no concern until limbus was released. If limbus was accessible without Lumoria access, then only a few dozen people on each server would of even bothered with even the promies, and powerful rope would be 600k.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CoP in general showed how little SE related to its actual player base. The only player content (besides a few items) that actually made the expansion worth installing were a few exp zones, enms, and limbus. For the vast majority of people, getting access to Lumoria was of no concern until limbus was released. If limbus was accessible without Lumoria access, then only a few dozen people on each server would of even bothered with even the promies, and powerful rope would be 600k.
    Many people enjoyed the missions a ton. They are a unique thing that IMO alone justifies the $30. It was a grand FF storyline, it just wasn't what was expected of an MMO.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Many people enjoyed the missions a ton. They are a unique thing that IMO alone justifies the $30. It was a grand FF storyline, it just wasn't what was expected of an MMO.
    People do missions once, people camp Fafnir every day. Yes, the CoP storyline is great, but sea is mysteriously empty.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People do missions once, people camp Fafnir every day. Yes, the CoP storyline is great, but sea is mysteriously empty.
    I consider Fafnir a huge flaw, not a good idea. A monster where you have to wait up to 3 hours+killing time that drops wayyy overpowered items is just bad game design. CoP has its own failures but breaking the rest of the game and causing HNMlses to have such tunnelvision is not one of them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I consider Fafnir a huge flaw, not a good idea. A monster where you have to wait up to 3 hours+killing time that drops wayyy overpowered items is just bad game design. CoP has its own failures but breaking the rest of the game and causing HNMlses to have such tunnelvision is not one of them.
    OK, fine.

People do missions once, people kill Shinra weekly.

And have you considered that maybe the stuff that drop from Zilart HNM is not overpowered, but instead most items that have been made since are underpowered?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yes the CoP Missions were difficult, and I think when SE created CoP it was geared towards the higer end game users rather then the majority of FFXI players.
    The major flaws with CoP are the Jailers that may or may not drop a trigger item, it is a ton of work to pop JoL and if your lucky AV may pop . The weeks/months of work required are just not justified in most players opinions.
    What bothered me the most about SE with CoP is the Wyrms, I love the fight and a few others do as well, but overall I think most people dread wyrm fights. It is very difficult to get my linkshell to fight them, everyone has a been there done that attitude because for the most part for the amount of time required to kill them the drops are just not worth it (other than Tiamat). Jormungand no one touches because his drops are shit, and Vrtra for the most part is useless because of the V.subligar desynth. SE really needs to retool the drop tables for the wyrms. I would love to see the Wyrms drop Body Abj. or something to that effect.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The only thing that will keep people going to sea is nazi HNMLS leaders that haven't gotten the wtfbbq itamz that they "need", and have the ability to dictate unrelated drop distributions in order to beat people into coming.
    4 temperance torques, 6 fortitude torques, 4 Faith torques, 7 Merciful Capes, 3 Altruistic Capes, 1 Astute Cape, 2 Hope Troques, 2 Justice Torques, 1 Prudence Torque, 2 Love Torques, 2 Novia Earrings, 1 Novio Earring, 1 Raph's rod, 1 Mars's Ring, 1 Ninurta's sash, and some where around 150 Jailer weapons, all of those items being about the best goddamn thing you can have in their slot for their respective jobs.

Yeah you guys are all right, I don't see why people do sea.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast