Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BG does it doggy style     submit to reddit submit to twitter

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

On a purely technical basis, it does leave a lot to be desired even compared to other melees but it is far from a weak job, just needs a couple minor tweaks that SE doesn't exactly realize throwing gear at is only a finite solution for.

give every1 chi blast and boost,that should shut every mother fuckerup.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zek
    You cant do 20% of the damage within 1 minute of chainspell stunning. Gates of Hades has a long enough cast time to be stunned every time if your mages are on their toes.
    ohhh yes its very possible to do 20% in 60 seconds of stunning... We did 15% in 30 seconds, our drops were same as most everyone else's, 2 claw, meat, hide, algol (to a guy with war/drk/pld/nin lvl'd ok maxx?)
    Anyway big ups 1st kill on Garuda.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

That melee are seen as worthless by a majority of mages(just level blm or smn! LOL) is one of my few real gripes with this game. I like melee, I hate magery, fuck you and your damned Stoneskin and have fun watching fafhogg spam wing anyway.

Forget scaling 2h weapon dmg, make melee dmg more viable(doesn't matter, people will continue to go with the easy way, because path of least resistence is always the way to go).

Kinda makes you think what with mages being the only thing useful on HNMs and yet almost all the gear being strictly for melee.

Oh well Im hopelessly addicted, so I'll keep playing anyway. I think next fafnir camp Im just going to make the melee party mnk x4 just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Maxx, I'm not gonna pitch you shit, but until you've actually gone and done the fight, no one is going to listen to you.

Don't /emo out about how no one listens to you anyways. Besides, BLM is poop tbh on the fight, his resist rate is insane. RNG 4tw.
    I assume his AOE rape radius is still too prohibitive for melees?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Maxx, I'm not gonna pitch you shit, but until you've actually gone and done the fight, no one is going to listen to you.

Don't /emo out about how no one listens to you anyways. Besides, BLM is poop tbh on the fight, his resist rate is insane. RNG 4tw.
    I assume his AOE rape radius is still too prohibitive for melees?
    His AoE rape radius isn't much of a problem if you don't f*ck up on stuns.

However, more melees, more TP, more AoE rapes that need to be stunned.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    Tengaar(73 or 74) and I (75) are the two DRKs in the LS.
    W00t Taru drk ftw! 8)

Why'd you lvl drk anyway though.. tired of smn or something? >.>

I think people lvl drk cuz of tha 1337 af 8)

lol @ people still arguing with maxx

Learn how to ignore people it's really not that hard....

Melee damage was the majority of damage on Cerberus, so melee's are far from useless. A DRK using the proper weapons can own, but it's up to the player.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

My philosophy is this: It doesn't matter WHAT job you, there are certain fights during which you are useless. For mobs that build and use TP normally, you generally wanna go with Mages. For mobs that auto-TP Ala Kirin, it doesn't matter WHAT kind of DD you have.
    I know several BRDs who say THEY are useless at a Kirin fight cause once the mini-gods are down, they can never get their PT to stand still long enough for songs etc, same for most kited fights.
    WHMs sometimes don't have the stamina during a quick paced fight (Timed fights mainly during which you have no down time)
    RDMs are often reduced to Cure/Refresh bitches at a lot of HNM/Gods because they are so goddamned resistant (I did Silence Kirin tonight, but that was actually a bad thing lol) and in that case, you would much rather have a WHM or SMN that is multifunctional.
    SMNs are worthless in Zerg fights, if you can only do damage once a minute and the fight is supposed to only be 45 seconds long... then you are taking a spot that a RDM or BLM or just about any DD can put to better use.
    SE has made a lot of mobs that are extremely resistant to nukes lately, so BLMs aren't the answer for everything.
    On super high DEF mobs, MNKs usually can't break the VIT/DEF with fists and are reduced to Chi-Blast once every 2-3 minutes or whatever it is, better to have a SMN or BLM or SATA user, useless on most Zerg fights as Hundred Fists only really helps when you can actually do good melee damage.
    DRKs are a nice Backup Stun and really good for stuff you SC on and/or need to SATA a PLD/NIN tank, and are the undisputed champions of the Ultimate Zerg fight (GoGo Soul-Kraken).
    RNGs are actually useful on a lot of the stuff I can think of, but like any other DD, are not very good when you are concerned with mob TP gain.
    SAM is a lot like MNK in that they can usually only do damage once every couple minutes, but they have the added perk of being useful in Zerg fights because of their 2hr, and have the same benefit as DRK in the SATA department.
    DRG is... well... DRGs are really good for... uh.... well... /shrug lolDRG.... at least you can clear hate without logging out once every 2 hours <.<
    THF can do mediocre damage once or twice a minute depending on how they use their SA and TA, and obviously can do a nice spike of damage when they have TP, usually they are on the sidelines till the end of the fight for TH.
    WARs have the same problem as MNK in they can't DPS on a lot of HNM/Gods do to stupid high DEF/VIT, in a lot of these fights, they are taken back to their tank origins, or sub THF and take a spot on the bench with DRK, SAM , THF and DRG.
    NINs can't handle extremely fast attacking mobs or mobs that spam AOEs, I don't think I have to go farther.
    Even PLDs take to much damage on some stuff to be the best option for tank, once again, sometimes you just don't want a PLD Tank.
    BSTs are BSTs, most worthless in Zerg fights, pets can be decent DPS on some stuff, BSTs are best for Add PTs in aggro areas, but in instanced fights, BSTs can't help you much.

There, I think I covered every job. I don't know why I typed all this crap out and I probably missed a few situations for some job or another (I didn't mention XP for ANY job cause they all have their setup in which they work)

Just saying, EVERY job has its uses, but sometimes you just aren't the best option, GET OVER IT!

Edit: ACK, Wall of Text. Oh well, I spent too much time typing this to delete it, deal with it.

Sticky the above.

Niro...sorry but you're the best form of DD for like 3-5 mobs in the game, and you think the world revolves around SMN? I'm sorry, but people do 6man Fafnirs up in Siren, and its sure as hell not because of SMNs. (Hint it starts with a War and ends with a Ridill.) Sure you rule the wyrm world, but endgame is slowly becoming alot more then that, and you're horrible in instances where large amounts of DD are needed in short periods of time. (sup, just about every popped NM that came out, KV, DL, etc.)

People need to get out of Dragon's Aery and realize endgame has become alot more then that, and that if you fought something beside a wyrm, you'd realize melee run alot of this game. The game doesnt need changing, just certain mobs are meant to be meleed, and some make it really risky to, (although still possible.)

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, one last thing. Thanks to the people above who, probably by accident (who WOULD want to be seen on my side on these boards,) defended what I've been saying about DRK not being useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    Just saying, EVERY job has its uses, but sometimes you just aren't the best option, GET OVER IT!
    I agree completely, my issue is people seem to be considering melee less and less as viable options and they don't give DRK a shot, or worse, lump all the melees as the same job. And because of that, people like me get fucked in the ass. Maybe its completely different on your server, but on mine there are LSes who normally accept by votes but hear you are a DRK and won't even tell the LS you applied.

By the way, I do plan on leveling BLU once I get my hands on the X-Pac, it actually looks like a lot of fun and useful on HNMs.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I agree wholeheartedly Locke, which is why i dont go to smn to everything lol

I go to smn to all grand wyrms, some limbus, and fafnir on occasion. Voluptuous Vivian too lol. Outside of limbus, i'd think smn was the preferred form of damage (blms wonderful on fafnir ;o) in these places, and i'll go smn.
    If im not fighting such NMs, i usually go on whm.

As much as i love smn, i do have a good grasp on the jobs faults, and im not going to tell you that somehow, the way i play the game, makes that BP timer any shorter. That'd be a flat out lie lol (although i do see people saying that their "skill" somehow breaks the basic rules of their job lol) But i dont discount the fact that smn has more uses than BP => release lol :D Ahh~ the joys of summoner tanks (*'3')

People can only bring up small timed semi-instanced fights against smn (lalala limbus and BCNM) but there still exists uses for smn here lol~ :D

(i really cant think of any popped NMs that came out, that smn isnt viable for lol)

And I agree Locke~ I love my war/nins in limbus, and anything that needs a good, healthy massacre..ing? lol and mnks, thfs, ect ect

As for the comment about endgame being more than DA~ thats true, but i was answering maxx's little bit about not being able to get into an HNMls because he didnt have more than drk to offer~ and the fact that a lot of my personal experience in a HNMls does include ground kings (*'-')

As for maxx~

Again, nobody discounts what drk can do, you're welcome to tear shit up in... say dynamis, you'll just have to fight with your mages for cures after you souleater WS, when you can swap out drk staff and anrin obi and do some sick drains rofl

Maxx will continue to whine until hes forced to level another job.

So lets neglect DRK completely until that time. Sorry for other DRK's who may be a casualty of war from this, but its for the good of Vanadiel lol.

was it a hard fight? and god damn i want that sword...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chainspell stun wouldnt help with momentum, it would just be a shitload of hate on a RDM, there is absolutely no need to chainspell stun unless you just want to zerg it under 3% maybe.

And Chi Blast is useless, especially if he buffs. I dunno if it was a 12 boost chi blast, but ulmega did a big ol' 0.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    Chainspell stun wouldnt help with momentum, it would just be a shitload of hate on a RDM, there is absolutely no need to chainspell stun unless you just want to zerg it under 3% maybe.

And Chi Blast is useless, especially if he buffs. I dunno if it was a 12 boost chi blast, but ulmega did a big ol' 0.
    it has a super stoneskin buff, chi blast is not useless

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Belkin

it has a super stoneskin buff, chi blast is not useless
    And how much damage did it do without his super buff on?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

1700 consistently from our MNK's chi blast, probably 2k with etudes, he takes enhanced spiritual damage (300% TP spirits from our NIN did 1k). Your monk is gimp if he couldnt break down that stoneskin with a 12 boosted blast.

Seems like Cerberus always drops 2 claws, a hide, and a meat. Algol doesn't seem to be a rare drop, but it's definitely not 100% (we didn't get one).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice, my Spirits Within only did 800 though.. :/