Thread: Assault downtime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Assault downtime

Ok...so first day in Whitegate, I find I have 3 ID tags. Myself, and my entire LS, is under the impression you can do Assault three times per day. We use our 3 tags yesterday, then wait 24 hours. I get some LS mates for Assault run...I can only get one tag today. My next tag become available tomorrow at 1130pm.

Does only one tag recharge every 24 hours ??

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's the way it appears to be... One tag regenerates every 24hrs up to a max of 3. So, if you wait 5 days for example, you'd still only have 3 tags available.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think he's asking if after 24 hours you get one, or if each one recharges 24hrs after its initial use.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    I think he's asking if after 24 hours you get one, or if each one recharges 24hrs after its initial use.
    I think nivlakian answered exactly what he was asking.

Banned.

BG Level

I thought each of them had their own timer...

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I thought each one had its own timer too...which is why I asked :\

sucks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was disappointed when I thought we coul donly do 3 a day. One a day on an exact 24 hour timer (not just after JP midnight) is really dumb. I liked the Assault missions and would like to be able to go more.

Banned.

BG Level

Well to be clear it isn't one a day unless you do them everyday. I think I might pass tomorrow so I can stack them up and do more of them at once.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You can only stack up to 3 though, right?

3 largest amount of tags atm,maybe you can get more when you get higher merc. rank

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You get 1 a day back every 24 hours after the first tag you ever use. IMO, this is a lot better than how timing works for say, Limbus...

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    You get 1 a day back every 24 hours after the first tag you ever use. IMO, this is a lot better than how timing works for say, Limbus...
    No, it's exactly the same as limbus. For a full Assault experience you have to wait 3 days. Assault takes like 20min tops once you know what to do. The biggest disappointment here is that ppl were looking for something different for a waiting period.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    No, it's exactly the same as limbus. For a full Assault experience you have to wait 3 days. Assault takes like 20min tops once you know what to do. The biggest disappointment here is that ppl were looking for something different for a waiting period.
    Detergent doesn't stack if you don't buy it right away. It's absolutely nothing like Limbus.

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    Detergent doesn't stack if you don't buy it right away. It's absolutely nothing like Limbus.
    You also don't spend 10-15min in a limbus you already know either. So what's the real difference in waiting 3 days for 3 tags for an hour of assault and waiting 3 days for 1 detergent for an hour of limbus?

In order to get back a new card, does Limbus have to be done every day after the initial 3 are used, or would they replensh to 3 after waiting 3 days from the initial runs?

Like, we went 2/3 on Mamook last night, at 12:30am EST used the first ones:
    - Run 1/2/3 completed from 12:30 AM -> 2:00 AM
    - Saturday, 12:30 AM we'll get back one card. Do we have to use this card to get one back the next day? Or can we not use Saturdays, and let it accumulate until we have 3 for another run set? O.o;

Galeal

You can get as many cards as you please, there are Aw'euhvis every ten feet.

The problem is that you only get the Cleanse every 3 days.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Galeal
    You can get as many cards as you please, there are Aw'euhvis every ten feet.

The problem is that you only get the Cleanse every 3 days.
    Oh ya, now it all makes sense

Banned.

BG Level

I was afraid I would get too hooked on Assault, this is sort of a blessing in disguise for me.

ive done Lebros Cavern 3 times 2/3 ... seems no matter when you use the ID its always gonna regenerate at the set time.... its not 24 hrs from when you use it , you just get one every 24 hours period.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by shuyjin
    ive done Lebros Cavern 3 times 2/3 ... seems no matter when you use the ID its always gonna regenerate at the set time.... its not 24 hrs from when you use it , you just get one every 24 hours period.
    Exactly, which is how it's an improvement from Limbus. You don't get that 30-45min waiting period before efforts because of having to get the NM and afk's and such. You'll simply get the extra tag every 24 hours (starting the first tag you ever use).