Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gate of Halvung ???     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gate of Halvung ???

I know this is touched on in the Cerberus thread, but has anyone figured out what the spawn condition are for this thing and then what makes it spit out the key item to open the gate?

Last Friday I spent hours wandering around Mt. Zhayolm checking ???s, got nothing. Today I went back and there weren't even any ???s period (aside from the one for the Finding Faults quest). A BLM in my LS got it Friday just randomly basically, he was sitting by the gate wandering around for people to gather and a ??? popped he checked it and got the key.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Gate of Halvung ???

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I know this is touched on in the Cerberus thread, but has anyone figured out what the spawn condition are for this thing and then what makes it spit out the key item to open the gate?

Last Friday I spent hours wandering around Mt. Zhayolm checking ???s, got nothing. Today I went back and there weren't even any ???s period (aside from the one for the Finding Faults quest). A BLM in my LS got it Friday just randomly basically, he was sitting by the gate wandering around for people to gather and a ??? popped he checked it and got the key.
    This one confuses me too... We found a ??? out of place while looking for the Finding Faults one. I checked it...nothing. My girlfriend checked it... and she got the key item. Right after I got nothing. I'd like to know how to get it too, this is annoying having to log her char in just for that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The ??? can look deep inside you soul and determine if you have what it takes to be a price gouger. If you are unworthy, it will not respond to you. It only responds with people who have the heart of a rip off artist.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    The ??? can look deep inside you soul and determine if you have what it takes to be a price gouger. If you are unworthy, it will not respond to you. It only responds with people who have the heart of a rip off artist.
    I made like 5 mil the last two days off imperial coins and the -1 weapons and armors from Mamool and Trolls, does that count? :/

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sold a Genie Weskit on my server for 100m, that should count. Mind you my server is way overpriced anyway, but still!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

you have to check the gate at least once before you examine the ??? otherwise you wont get they key item. zoning etc means you have to check the gate again >.>

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo
    you have to check the gate at least once before you examine the ??? otherwise you wont get they key item. zoning etc means you have to check the gate again >.>
    I did not realize this, I'll go check it out again before I go to work today.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Got my key item today.

Zone into Halvung from B.Thickets.
    Take path to the closest Mt. zone on the map, or use ffxi-atlas or various other maps. Its very close to the entrance, maybe 3min walk @night w/ninja boots. When u get to the gate Make sure u touch it and all u do if walk around and find the ???. IT WILL NOT WORK unless you touch the gate first. Do not zone like stated before. I found mine on the bottom Right section of the map in the farthest wall by 2 pugils. They aggro sight btw but i got key item even when i was aggroed. Its very easy but takes some looking around for the ???.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I made like 5 mil the last two days off imperial coins and the -1 weapons and armors from Mamool and Trolls, does that count? :/
    Made 20m this weekend mainly off of selling PUP attachments <_< and then when other people started treading in my markets I instantly slash-and-burned prices down to break-even keke.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I found it in this circled area. Its important to touch the gates before getting the key item. If you zone after touching gate then you can't pick the key item up. Took me I awhile to figure out why I wasn't getting the key item. But I eventurally get it. It also doesn't stay in the same place long.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3271/mountkey9il.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi
    I found it in this circled area. Its important to touch the gates before getting the key item. If you zone after touching gate then you can't pick the key item up. Took me I awhile to figure out why I wasn't getting the key item. But I eventurally get it. It also doesn't stay in the same place long.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3271/mountkey9il.jpg
    Fortunately, though, it's not totally random.

So far I've seen it pop on the northwest end of the northeastern beach, behind a circle structure, and on the circled beach in the southwestern corner. I'm assuming it can also pop on the west end, on the beach somewhere. 2-3 spots, and it repops instantly (confirmed).

theelittleone

Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    Got my key item today.

Zone into Halvung from B.Thickets.
    Take path to the closest Mt. zone on the map, or use ffxi-atlas or various other maps. Its very close to the entrance, maybe 3min walk @night w/ninja boots. When u get to the gate Make sure u touch it and all u do if walk around and find the ???. IT WILL NOT WORK unless you touch the gate first. Do not zone like stated before. I found mine on the bottom Right section of the map in the farthest wall by 2 pugils. They aggro sight btw but i got key item even when i was aggroed. Its very easy but takes some looking around for the ???.

Do you only have to get this once and it stays w/ you? Meaning can you open up any Gate to Halvung whenver you want after you get the key item or do you have to get it each time you want to get through the gate?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

It works like a moon pass.

Ryko, i hate you, i just spent 30 minutes staring at your avatar.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Made 20m this weekend mainly off of selling PUP attachments <_< and then when other people started treading in my markets I instantly slash-and-burned prices down to break-even keke.
    Cause God forbid someone else make a little profit from the expansion too, eh?

Go cry about it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It's just annoying as shit to see people in a position of power abuse it. I could honestly give a fuck, but seeing someone brag about their epeen is a pet peeve.

Go cry about it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What an interesting argument you pose Aurik. Surely you have something better than petty insults? I expected a bit more from someone that seemed semi-intelligent. :wink:

You done crying yet?