BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assault Gear Speculation     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Assault Gear Speculation

I was browsing all the Assault Mission people yesterday and was looking at the gear they offer. Most of the stuff has some nice stats but are still outdone by gear that has already been released, but there are also a few good pieces that are really sweet.

Discuss.

Alot of the stuff are crap. They repeat each other. If you check one guy, he has like aac+5 or w/e belt. Check the guy next to him and he has acc+4 or w/e belt. And.. then 3, 2, 1. At least that's what I noticed. I browsed through them real quick.

the mage set is really nice

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

10 (ranged) accuracy and critical hits body. Good for RNG, and good for THF/DRG/MNK (not sure if they can all wear it, and given the THF and DRG don't have Homam)?

Old Merits
    BG Level

It's also free armor for having fun with a few friends for 30min.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Amir Boots are pretty nice (Att+6 Acc+5 I think), the armor set that Thief can equip (something with a P) is really nice too, I know THFs in my LS are pretty stocked about the Legs and Feet.

Most of the Rings/Earrings/Belts/Neckpieces seem kind of poopy though, though I guess given their level req they could have merit when leveling lower jobs.

I'm interested to see what effect stacking the Full sets of the various gear do. The set usable by PLD "reduces Breath and Magic damage", if it's a good amount of damage reduction I'd be all over it, though the stats on the gear itself personally don't appeal to my PLD.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw these Amir boots too. As a PLD, they are perfect when you don't use your AF ones (ie when you don't use your Shield).
    Here is where my first 20,000 points will go...

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    It's also free armor for having fun with a few friends for 30min.
    That's what you think. LOL. 30min x number of times you need to do Assault to get enough points. Not as bad as Dynamis though. You can actually pick what you want in the end.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well 30min a day, assuming people have the staging area. Actually less if you win quickly.

BTW can you just rotate between two staging area's for max points? I'm working on Pln. body and a friend is working on turban but we are getting less points each run. We really don't want to rotate through more than two staging area's though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    BTW can you just rotate between two staging area's for max points? I'm working on Pln. body and a friend is working on turban but we are getting less points each run. We really don't want to rotate through more than two staging area's though.
    Have you done more than one day's worth of runs? My guess was that each rl game day (after 3 ID tags are used and you get your new one) your points will stop decreasing.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want the amir body just for soloing, honestly.

Old Merits
    BG Level

No, it's the same run across 3 days. Each one decreasing more than the next. I think next run I'll get 400 >.>;

Win all 5 of the zones and you can probably do the tier 2 ones for normal points >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm thinking of doing that for more points because I want the Pln body for my NIN, but I don't know if the points we will get for it will make it worth the time spending the other days getting the 4 assaults cleared.

And we are getting 600 a day winning Ilrusi Atoll with 5, it isn't going down at all, at least not the last runs we've done.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, I had dynamis yesterday so I have two tonight. I'll do another staging area then try attoll second, If I get 1k or so points from attoll I'll just rotate the two.

I wouldn't mind getting the complete set, and if the next level of assaults give a lot more points then I would definitely complete all 5 staging areas. Right now as non-leader most seem to be giving 1000-1500 points each which puts completion around 3 months for a full set.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Given the fact that a party consisting of 2 gilsellers, 3 monkeys and 1 DRG could easily handle assaults, the gear is great.

Not everything is added to be new end-game equipment, and some of the assault rewards actually are.

Just wondering a few things,

Yigit crackows are INT+3 MND+2 MAB+2, wich is best feet blm could wear for dmg, but my question is if the hands, which stats are INT+5 MAB+2 could possibly be a replacement to zenith? I've heard rumors that errent cuffs come close to out parsing zenith mitts so This would be nice to replace o.o;

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind_levi
    I've heard rumors that errent cuffs come close to out parsing zenith mitts
    I'm no Black Mage but surely that can't be right.

Yigit hands are for RDMs; blms should stick to zenith for the MAB, or use something with an emnity cut or enfeebling skill: AF2 or AF1

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Errant cuffs have been said to outdamage Iqgira Manillas, not Zenith hands.