Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

I know alot of ppl have been having issues with the new expansion and downloads, but didnt know if this might be one some others are having too or not. I play on PC and already had to uninstall and reinstall the game cause apparently SE doesn't like ppl having race converters and it made my game crash after the last maintaince. --; Anyway, after I installed the expansion, I noticed that ppl tend to jump around the screen from one spot to another, or if other characters are running around or on choco's, they look like they are running all choppy or something, but my character is running normal. Someone else said they had the same problem, but didnt know if there was a way to fix this or not. My eyes are starting to hurt from seeing ppl jump from behind me, to infront of me, to back behind me and so on I first thought it was because I was in the new areas and there would be up to 700+ ppl there, but its happening in other areas with way less ppl.
    If anyone can help, please let me know

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccatu
    I know alot of ppl have been having issues with the new expansion and downloads, but didnt know if this might be one some others are having too or not. I play on PC and already had to uninstall and reinstall the game cause apparently SE doesn't like ppl having race converters and it made my game crash after the last maintaince. --; Anyway, after I installed the expansion, I noticed that ppl tend to jump around the screen from one spot to another, or if other characters are running around or on choco's, they look like they are running all choppy or something, but my character is running normal. Someone else said they had the same problem, but didnt know if there was a way to fix this or not. My eyes are starting to hurt from seeing ppl jump from behind me, to infront of me, to back behind me and so on I first thought it was because I was in the new areas and there would be up to 700+ ppl there, but its happening in other areas with way less ppl.
    If anyone can help, please let me know
    Lag!

Im going with lag to. Im on 56k and the worst part is whitegate. I think it will calm down in a few weeks. Just the new areas are taking a big load from everybody being there. Its like the new jeuno and everybody knows how laggy jeuno was.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thing is I took it as lag too, but, its happening in areas where there are less than 100 ppl in it. Not unless you mean the whole server is lagging or something....but this has never happened before. I did sea all area in la thiene and there were less than 50 ppl there, yet ppl where running all choppy or jumping everywhere. My send and receive was around 200 and 300 at the time, unlike in whitegate where my send is around 150 and receive is 1000+. In whitegate or other new areas, jeuno, windy or safehold, I would completely understand since those are usually the places with the most ppl, but in la theine??? with less than 50ppl lvling new jobs???
    Probably have to download new drivers like some ppl ><

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

idk, I would venture it's lag related still

Even in my moghouse (which should have zero lag) there's a good 5-8 second delay now between moving items from gobbiebag to mogsafe, and this started with the update. I think the servers are jsut being wrecked.

It's true that a empty zone should have little lag, but it's not like there's a server for each zone... I'd be pretty sure this is related to the ToAU areas being slammed.

SE: Make a rule that anyone who's inside whitegate and hasn't moved for an hour gets booted or random-warped near jeuno, kthx<3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

My lag has been worse than usual also. I would guess it has to do with server lag like others mentioned. Haven't thought to do a /sea all to see if server population seems to be running higher. Or maybe it is just the mass amount of people in the new areas and it is kicking the server in the face affecting all areas.

Anyway, no, it isn't just you.