Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAR/BLU     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

WAR/BLU

Ive been reading your forums, very usefull. thank you very much.
    so I present a question. I know lots of people say WAR tanks very well with right gear or right party setup, any thoughts on how a WAR/BLU would do. It sounds like it would completly replace WAR/WHM or WAR/RDM as back up tank or the such..

Fyee~ Hades

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Maybe, before ~40 and after cocoon.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

/Blu would need to have party-targetable spell with quick recast, low mp cost that healed as much as cure3 for it to be remotely as effective. The extra defense from cocoon is great, but people don't sub whm for defense buffs, its so they can actually build hate.

EDIT: expwise, with a rdm, I could see it being about as viable as war/mnk, meaning its perfectly capable of tanking and holding hate, but its nowhere near ideal.

Magic Fruit? That's a targetable cure.
    Healing Breeze? Is curaga.

Depends how the mp/cure ratio and recast is for these spells.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Blu/Pld for tanking. 8)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Whm sub give you "magic resistance". Can you get something equivalent when you sub blue?

Setting certain BLU spells may give you Magic Defense Bonus.

I'm not saying it *will* work, I'm saying it's silly to dismiss it out-of-hand before we even know the limits of the class.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Whm sub give you "magic resistance". Can you get something equivalent when you sub blue?
    You can. It depends on what spells you junction.

People are still discovering all of the different combos. Some of the existing ones involve attk+, mattk+, and killer traits (it's all on the thread about BLU on 1st page)

Quote Originally Posted by Amara
    /Blu would need to have party-targetable spell with quick recast, low mp cost that healed as much as cure3 for it to be remotely as effective. The extra defense from cocoon is great, but people don't sub whm for defense buffs, its so they can actually build hate.

EDIT: expwise, with a rdm, I could see it being about as viable as war/mnk, meaning its perfectly capable of tanking and holding hate, but its nowhere near ideal.
    h e a l i n g b r e e z e

for BLU i would go /war or /whm or /blm or /rdm or /thf or /pld or /mnk or /drk or /drg or /nin or /sam or /bst or /brd or /smn or /rng or /pup or /cor....

guys... the job isn't even a week old. and you're all talking about what to sub like you've been playing the job 1 year+... give it time.. geez ppl..

Lurn2Read. They're talking about using BLU as a subjob to WAR, not deciding what would make good jobs to BLU.

Furthermore, I fail to see any point in your post except to start a flame war, as nobody here really talked like they knew the job for 'a year'... mostly because they're not even talking about what you say they are. They're discussing viability, based on spells that ARE in the game, and ARE used... No need for a year of experience to discuss based on that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Healing breeze cast time is pretty long, good luck casting it with something beating on you without a well timed stun or an evade.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy
    for BLU i would go /war or /whm or /blm or /rdm or /thf or /pld or /mnk or /drk or /drg or /nin or /sam or /bst or /brd or /smn or /rng or /pup or /cor....

guys... the job isn't even a week old. and you're all talking about what to sub like you've been playing the job 1 year+... give it time.. geez ppl..
    I don't know jack shit about bluemage, you're right. But I have played war long enough to know what blu would need to offer in order to replace whm sub, which is what this topic is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Healing breeze cast time is pretty long, good luck casting it with something beating on you without a well timed stun or an evade.
    it's the same as curaga >.>