Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Bahamut:

Mamook:1 (was 16+ when I went to bed >_>)

Halvung: 17

Arrapago: 10 (was 16+ when I went to bed >_>)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Galraith
    Sorry, thought i would help by giveing you some info. But guess its not needed.

~Gal
    It was kinda the whole driveing force behind the expansion.......
    In english, we drop the 'e' before we add an 'ing'. Just thought youd like to know.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras

~Gal
    In English, we drop the 'e' before we add an 'ing'. Just thought you'd like to know.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

~Gal
    In english, we drop the 'e' before we add an 'ing'. Just thought youd like to know.
    We also add apostrophes in whatever the words are called that join two words together.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

With Al Zahbi always being over crowded don't think there will be a Besieged <_<; would crash servers with beastman and the entire FFXI population and their mothers in Al Zahbi -.-;

Banned.

BG Level

I believe Al Zahbi gets closed off once Besiege starts. Most people chill out in Whitegate. Won't be a problem unless you have morons shouting "HAY EVERYONE IN THE PLANET, COME BESEIGED LOL!". I know I will. Midgard...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

See this is where I get confuzzled a bit <_<;;;

Al Zahbi is the Merchant's Ward no?

Commoner’s Ward
    This fairly new ward houses residents who have either not been granted or have been stripped of citizenship. Beastman attacks are a constant threat due to the district’s location on the outskirts of town.

^ That sounds like Al Zahbi to me...

Merchant’s Ward
    This diverse ward is home to merchants and craftsmen who provide their services to the area’s throngs of traders, mercenaries, and adventurers from foreign lands. The district also features two ports, one facing the inland sea to the north and another facing the open sea to the south. The Merchant’s Ward also serves as a western gate to the Empire.

That also sounds like Al Zahbi to me <_<; but also Whitegate but yea, Al Zahbi itself would be under attack first, but imagine if they spill into Whitegate -.-;;;;;;

Black Belt
    BG Level

what are you confused about?

Al Zahbi is where you can call out your Automations, Avatars and Wyverns.

Al Zahbi is where when you exit the Mog House it doesn't ask you to Home Point so no one does it by addcident.

The Merchant's Ward is Whitegate, the "craftsmen" include people like the Automation Shop.

Whitegate won't be attacked, it's not built that way right now.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

~Gal
    Don't correct anyone on grammar unless you yourself abide by grammatic law so to speak. It just makes ya look foolish.

As for Beseiged, I think all the newbs taking mirrors are what are slowing down Beseiged. Maybe if SE made it not so easy to kill mirrors. As of now the Beastmen seem to be oblivious to the fact that their mirrors are being attacked. It'd be nice if once a mirror was attacked it sort of "summoned" the beastmen in the area like the Ram in Lufaise(or is it Misaureux?) does. That would be alot more realistic, and make it harder for people to simply cut down beastmen progress for a measly 200 Imperial Standing pointarus.

I think the real driving force for me, and I'm sure other people, in wanting to see beseiged happen is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquareEnix
    These bonuses become more powerful with the number of times Al Zahbi is successfully defended.
    3 Hour Sushi+1? 5mp/tick Refresh? Man that'd be sick lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I keep my hp set in Al Zhabi just in case they shut the gates off when it starts.

Also don't forget the the beastmen will be forming up in the outside areas and then marching toward the cities. You can bet that someone will see the large group moving en masse and raise the alarm.

So that leaves two options.
    1. Some group gets together and manages to kill them before they reach the town.
    2. 1000+ ppl sit and wait in Al Zhabi ready to bring the server to a grinding halt with the lag.

I almost hope that the beastmen have a special attack that knocks players out to nearby zones.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Soje
    I keep my hp set in Al Zhabi just in case they shut the gates off when it starts.

Also don't forget the the beastmen will be forming up in the outside areas and then marching toward the cities. You can bet that someone will see the large group moving en masse and raise the alarm.

1. Some group gets together and manages to kill them before they reach the town.
    2. 1000+ ppl sit and wait in Al Zhabi ready to bring the server to a grinding halt with the lag.

I almost hope that the beastmen have a special attack that knocks players out to nearby zones.
    It would be hard for just "some groups" to kill a hundred mobs marching towards the city. I can see maybe 20 being depleted before hitting town this way, or slightly more, but not the entire thing.

Also, you can see on the region map when they are almost ready and when they are advancing:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...t2/09-1_us.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    It would be hard for just "some groups" to kill a hundred mobs marching towards the city. I can see maybe 20 being depleted before hitting town this way, or slightly more, but not the entire thing.
    A hundred mobs? Sounds like a small pull in Dynamis.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Soje

Or both options... 1000+ people sit and wait in Al Zahbi ready to bring the server to a grinding halt, while some group manages to kill them before they reach the town.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    A hundred mobs? Sounds like a small pull in Dynamis.
    Yeah, but imagine if the mobs are marching and any that don't get hit just keep on going past you. Like pulling a hundred in dynamis and only having sleepga/lullaby hit 20-30 of them. The rest follow the puller, they don't go charging back @ you. They'll still hit the town.

...Except trolls, fucking things move so slow I could catch up to them by walking.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The Astral Candescence is still in Whitegate and that's the target we must avoid the beastmen to reach, so i think Whitegate may be attacked too... Or how else would the beastmen take it ?

As per both the SE website and the NPC outside the Hall of Binding, the Astral Candescene is located in Al Zahbi.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

reading comprehension. the update notes specifically state that the astral candaescence is in Al Zahbi.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The beastmen don't go for the AC itself anyway, they have to capture/kill the 5 immortals that guard it, in order to capture it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I wonder which will be first server to have Al Zhabi completly overtaken by mobs if that's possible.
    Hmm. If that were the situation, Setting your Home Point in Al Zhabi could potentially be dangerous. Get whacked somewhere, eat a HP, respawn at your home point. Munch..... wait for an hour while mobs chill out at the crystal, auto-respawn at your HP ... munch .... repeat until either Al Zhabi is cleared or you quit the game.

I think the beastman invade, take the Astral Candescence and leave. I could be mistaken, though, and it would be very cool if I were. Operation: Retake Al Zahbi. It'd be a lot like Dynamis, but with 500 players instead of 64. Actually, now that I think about it ... it'd be like Lower Jeuno but with combat. /sigh

Black Belt
    BG Level

they'll leave if they get to the AC.

and you don't lose XP during Besiege according to people at the Fan Festival, might be changed of course but i doubt it.

at worse you can Teleport/Tav Ring out if your Home Point is there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast