Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS
    Duod red dragon with a friend of mine...was fun...dropped 1k gil ^.^

they true sight aggro...but im not sure if only at night..cause im pretty sure i walked before his nose daytime...
    I've walked in front of them a few times now with no aggro (maybe was all same time of day)

Is it possible you had low hp and they [Detect by smell]?
    nope...had sneak up walked up behind him...he only aggroed when my friend walked right infront of him... sneak/invis up full health

is there anyone that can give me a guide on getting the ??? for gates of halvung item that requires you to open it? i have searched on forums and searched all around Mount. Zhylom for a few hours and have had zero luck. very much appreciate it^-^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Low HP aggro is unrelated to scent. With yellow hp and Deodorize, skeletons will happily pound the tar out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    Low HP aggro is unrelated to scent. With yellow hp and Deodorize, skeletons will happily pound the tar out of you.
    I love your cynical comments.
    They make me laugh irl.

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    Unless it was changed recently, I'm almost certain that's incorrect.

Almost a year ago when my LS was obsessed with killing Vrtra, we used Deodorize to raise after deaths/wipes to avoid agroing half the undead in KRT. I'm pretty sure it works on the logic that when your HP drops below 75% and turns yellow/orange/red, you start to bleed, and undead can smell blood (not like we've never heard that before). So yeah, it would be detecting by smell.

It's iffy though, I think it may be bugged because honestly it seems like sometimes it does work and sometimes it doesn't. It could just be a mistake, but who knows. I know I've seen it work though.

Go test it, RK, deoderize doesn't prevent blood aggro. Easiest test is go yellow HP, deoderize and sneak, and rest next to an undead.

If by resting you mean /heal, then that's not an accurate test.

You could go Invisible yourself and rest near a Goblin in Ronfaure and it would agro. That doesn't mean that they're true sight, or detect by other methods. Resting will make any (pretty sure any?) aggressive monster agro, no matter what stealth spells you have on you.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin

You could go Invisible yourself and rest near a Goblin in Ronfaure and it would agro. That doesn't mean that they're true sight, or detect by other methods. Resting will make any (pretty sure any?) aggressive monster agro, no matter what stealth spells you have on you.
    lol newb

You won't get agro resting in front of gobs with invis. Same with resting with sneak near sound agro.

/heal just makes it so that the "too weak" factor is ignored when it determines aggro. It changes nothing else.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

lol newb

You won't get agro resting in front of gobs with invis. Same with resting with sneak near sound agro.
    Healing while Sneak/Invis'd will cause aggro in some cases. I've drawn aggro from certain moblins in Movalpolis while resting with Sneak and Invis up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Deoderize will NOT prevent low HP aggro. I repeat...will NOT prevent low HP aggro. I tested this myself....low HP with Deoderize near undead = rape. End of story. It has been like this for a long time. A long time. Perhaps always.

Deoderize has 1 use.....to shed aggro from mobs that track by scent.

Resting with sneak or invis on if you have cured a person who's skilling evasion/parry near a zone line who has agro'd mobs but has no hate will result in agro.

I'm not sure which rule that follows

I think that resting in party with someone who has aggro (not hate) generates hate. I can't remember though...that's such an edge condition...only time I've actually seen it happen was doing CoP 2-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

lol newb

Healing while Sneak/Invis'd will cause aggro in some cases. I've drawn aggro from certain moblins in Movalpolis while resting with Sneak and Invis up.
    Glad I'm not going crazy... Was pretty sure I've seen this happy to me and others. I'll probably go do some running around and see if I can get it to happen.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The way to aggro while resting with sneak/invis up is to have someone else else aggro a monster or monsters and come within aggro range of you, while being in the same party or alliance.

I've never had deoderize work with low HP, except running from Skeletons through areas without them. Deoderize has never been an aggro buff, it's an aggro shedder, pretty well known.

Also, I've gone around those dragons with just sneak up, all sides, tried resting, tried everything with sneak up, and didn't get aggro at all. I took off sneak from the back, and it instantly aggrod me. I even had orange HP.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Razeil
    is there anyone that can give me a guide on getting the ??? for gates of halvung item that requires you to open it? i have searched on forums and searched all around Mount. Zhylom for a few hours and have had zero luck. very much appreciate it^-^
    We found one ??? at I-10 thought it moves around. Hopefully you can get lucky and it'll be there. ^^

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I think that resting in party with someone who has aggro (not hate) generates hate. I can't remember though...that's such an edge condition...only time I've actually seen it happen was doing CoP 2-5.
    I see this happen all the time in XP and dynamis, resting during a pull and I draw aggro off the puller who is training things around and get raped lol.

Resting can generate a LOT of hate over time. I've done this on purpose a couple times...say I have to go AFK at kirin for w/e reason and theres another linkshell breathing down our necks waiting to use their pop set over by the portal. Well, I blow the rest of my MP and then go pop a squat for about 15 minutes right in the middle of their LS, sure enough 6-10 minutes later kirin runs over there and drops a heat breath lol. Haven't managed to kill anyone like this but it sure makes them go WTF.

Sorry to sem-necro bump, but we took some people out Halvung to explore, and came across this door, anyone have any idea how to open it? There's mobs and everything beyond it (we could target/aggro a Dahak) but no means to open it.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1779/img00506eu.png

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6171/img00516jr.png

Any ideas/hear anything?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

well, the only thing i can think of, if it's opened by keys, only 3 keys in the dats sound relevant:
    Halvung Shakudo Key http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8387
    Halvung Bronze Key
    Halvung Brass Key
    From the picture it looks like you already tried the bronze key on the decorated bronze key and I am guessing it didn't work, and I doubt brass would work, so maybe the shakudo key? Just a pure guess, and i don't know where these would drop from.

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    well, the only thing i can think of, if it's opened by keys, only 3 keys in the dats sound relevant:
    Halvung Shakudo Key http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8387
    Halvung Bronze Key
    Halvung Brass Key
    From the picture it looks like you already tried the bronze key on the decorated bronze key and I am guessing it didn't work, and I doubt brass would work, so maybe the shakudo key? Just a pure guess, and i don't know where these would drop from.
    The only thing past there is lots of True Sight Trolls and then a room with 5 Dragons (The same ones that are on the Island out in Mount Zhaylum)

There are also 3 doors there but they do not connect to anywhere.
    It has a central Stand and seems to be a place of significance but just has not been implemented/activated yet.