Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

4-man gate in the depths of Halvung

Took a few hours to run through Halvung/Zhayolm to familiarize myself with the area, got my plate for the Gates of Halvung, et cetera.

I ended up taking a journey down into the depths where all the trolls are true-sight. Eventually, after dodging aggro for an hour solid and slowly inching forward, I came to one of those troll-gates that takes 4 ppl to open. And I was really interested in what was on the other side, it looks like there's an exit of some sort really close...

Has anyone else been there? Here's a map of my path:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9803/halvung6dr.jpg

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Tryed those gates today with 4, wouldnt open

So if you go back down there again, and dodge all those true sight trolls
    take 6 or more 8)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

me and 3 other of my friends opened up this gate in halvung as the 4 of us. it leads to some area with Pot Hatches which someone mentioned in some other thread that that is where the Besieged prisoners will probably be kept. Further ahead you will arrive at Mount Zhayolm, near Cerberus.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I went there yesterday morning myself Aurik (even found an Archaic Mirror along the way), if you want to run back there at some point I'd be more than glad to come along. Expansion has been very nice on my buffer so dying a few times on the way won't bother me.

Please invite me? Sounds like an excellent adventure!

Each new beastman stronghold has an area like this where the mobs become truesite and there are lots of prison cells that need keys to open. Once besieged occurs, we will have to go down there to rescue captured NPC's. Also, the Astral Candesesence looks to be held at K-10 on the that Halvung map. It is heavlily guarded by 6 VT red dragon type mobs (same ones that are in the mountain).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I went exploring there also, Aurik. Unfortunately, I wasn't so patient with aggro and had to run through without stopping to explore past the trolls. I ended up in the same room as you, though, and really want to get past.

Also, I ended up in Bhaflau Thickets where you show on the map as well, and there is a drop you can't go up. I was thinking that there might be a zone somewhere on the Halvung map there to get out onto the upper parts of the Thickets. Unfortunately, I don't think it's used yet? Regardless, I'm going up there with an exp party of 6 tonight, so I'll make sure to do some exploring beyond these gates.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen-Hades
    Each new beastman stronghold has an area like this where the mobs become truesite and there are lots of prison cells that need keys to open. Once besieged occurs, we will have to go down there to rescue captured NPC's. Also, the Astral Candesesence looks to be held at K-10 on the that Halvung map. It is heavlily guarded by 6 VT red dragon type mobs (same ones that are in the mountain).
    Actually the Astral Candesence isn't held in a physical location in the event that the Beastmen capture it, or at least, you can't retrieve it through there. You have to do an instanced 6-man battle in which the mobs do not recover HP even if you wipe (Which leads me to believe that it isn't meant to be won by the first group that goes in).

If I had to guess, I would say that players won't even be able to see the Astral Candesence until it is either taken (During which I bet its just a CS that gives you a small glimpse or something if you retrieve it) or through a later Mission.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    Actually the Astral Candesence isn't held in a physical location in the event that the Beastmen capture it, or at least, you can't retrieve it through there. You have to do an instanced 6-man battle in which the mobs do not recover HP even if you wipe (Which leads me to believe that it isn't meant to be won by the first group that goes in).

If I had to guess, I would say that players won't even be able to see the Astral Candesence until it is either taken (During which I bet its just a CS that gives you a small glimpse or something if you retrieve it) or through a later Mission.
    You still have to get to the fighting grounds, which I'm sure is what Kainen-Hades meant.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While exploring past the Gates of Halvung i was around C-7 i believe and i zoned into a different area called Navukgo Execution Chamber. Only thing i found in the zone was the Decorative gate(?) other than that the zone seems rather useless. Anyone ever been here or know what this zone is for?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    I went exploring there also, Aurik. Unfortunately, I wasn't so patient with aggro and had to run through without stopping to explore past the trolls. I ended up in the same room as you, though, and really want to get past.

Also, I ended up in Bhaflau Thickets where you show on the map as well, and there is a drop you can't go up. I was thinking that there might be a zone somewhere on the Halvung map there to get out onto the upper parts of the Thickets. Unfortunately, I don't think it's used yet? Regardless, I'm going up there with an exp party of 6 tonight, so I'll make sure to do some exploring beyond these gates.
    Unless the unlabled SE exit of Halvung past the lever leads to the upper part, and the exit that you can get to without passing the lever leads to the lower part.

Keagan

I made it to (G-7) on the Halvung map, thats where I encountered the first truesight Trolls, I didn't even think of dropping down at (H-7). Are there more true sight mobs after that drop? and how do you open those doors, do you need 4 people to hit the switch at the same time?

Also, that execution chamber is a BC area

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I ended up taking a journey down into the depths where all the trolls are true-sight. Eventually, after dodging aggro for an hour solid and slowly inching forward, I came to one of those troll-gates that takes 4 ppl to open. And I was really interested in what was on the other side, it looks like there's an exit of some sort really close...

Has anyone else been there?
    Went there last friday, im pretty sure that gate did take 6 ppl to open, deffinitely more than 4. (maybe 8 not sure, we had 8.) Behind was just some locked door, looks like its for a future mission or something.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik

Has anyone else been there?
    Went there last friday, im pretty sure that gate did take 6 ppl to open, deffinitely more than 4. (maybe 8 not sure, we had 8.) Behind was just some locked door, looks like its for a future mission or something.
    there was also a drop down that lead back into map1

Yeah, that room I was talking about with the 6 dragons has a currently untargettable door. Maybe that door will be to get to the BC type area.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Yeah, that room I was talking about with the 6 dragons has a currently untargettable door. Maybe that door will be to get to the BC type area.
    when some people from my linkshell and myself went down there behind the 6man gate the second day of release, we found nothing but trolls.. Didnt see any dragons. hmm.

Duod red dragon with a friend of mine...was fun...dropped 1k gil ^.^

they true sight aggro...but im not sure if only at night..cause im pretty sure i walked before his nose daytime...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS
    We trio'd it...

MNK/WHM (me, so I could sneak myself)
    NIN/RDM (Tortle, so he could Dispel roaches and sneak himself)
    WHM/BLM (Athena, so she could escape us... >.>)

I got a new asshole torn around 20%. The NIN and WHM finished it off.

Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS

they true sight aggro...but im not sure if only at night..cause im pretty sure i walked before his nose daytime...
    I've walked in front of them a few times now with no aggro (maybe was all same time of day)

Is it possible you had low hp and they [Detect by smell]?