Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: THF/RNG FTW?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Well I'm gonna pretend I never heard that so I can still pitch my Briault +1 to unsuspecting whms.

Another "wtf?" enhancement is the enhanced counterstance on melee gaiters. Nobody's shown what they do; the only real conclusive test we've had showed that against TooWeaks they didn't do jack shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik

Well I'm gonna pretend I never heard that so I can still pitch my Briault +1 to unsuspecting whms.

Another "wtf?" enhancement is the enhanced counterstance on melee gaiters. Nobody's shown what they do; the only real conclusive test we've had showed that against TooWeaks they didn't do jack shit.
    Sometimes I wonder if those items are broken and SE just doesn 't realize it. No one probably reports it because no one knows what it's supposed to do in the first place.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At least 4/5 of your JSE doesn't revolve around a broken enhancement...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    At least 4/5 of your JSE revolves around a broken enhancement...

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    At least 4/5 of your JSE revolves around a broken enhancement...
    Fixed

But yeah.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe he means Subtle Blow? I dunno

I'm looking at my MNK AF2s and aside from the feet I don't see what's broken about them.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

At least 4/5 of your JSE doesn't revolve around a broken enhancement...
    Max was referring to DRK JSE. 4 of the 5 pieces contain "Enhances Effect of 'Absorb' Spells".

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, you're referring to the DRK JSE's "Enhances Absorb Spell"? I didn't realize that was broken as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    The only difference I can imagine is that it's a further chance for that amount of resistance to "proc", just like with +160 to an element there is always a chance to not resist at all.
    It lowers whatever damage anyone with the enhanced bar spell on would take by 5%. For example, if a bomb blows up and would do 100 damage, anyone with a Barfira on from a caster wearing Blessed Briault would take 95 damage instead.

Tested in Ballista to enhance subtle blow somehow so that the mob gains less TP from counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    The only difference I can imagine is that it's a further chance for that amount of resistance to "proc", just like with +160 to an element there is always a chance to not resist at all.
    It lowers whatever damage anyone with the enhanced bar spell on would take by 5%. For example, if a bomb blows up and would do 100 damage, anyone with a Barfira on from a caster wearing Blessed Briault would take 95 damage instead.

Tested in Ballista to enhance subtle blow somehow so that the mob gains less TP from counters.
    I don't believe the results on Melee Gaiters; the author didn't consider the (very likely) situation that TP gain is stored to the 1/10ths. It also doesn't make a lot of sense. Further, ballista is not a good place to test as the combat mechanics in PvP aren't necessarily the same combat mechanics used in PvM.

But that Barspell enhancement is hot butter. How can I repeat that test? I'd like to see whether the +1 gives additional results.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't believe the results on Melee Gaiters; the author didn't consider the (very likely) situation that TP gain is stored to the 1/10ths. It also doesn't make a lot of sense. Further, ballista is not a good place to test as the combat mechanics in PvP aren't necessarily the same combat mechanics used in PvM.
    I agree that the test isn't a whirlwind of confirmation but it's the first bit of proof we've had that they actually do anything as opposed to everyone disproving what we wanted them to do.

But that Barspell enhancement is hot butter. How can I repeat that test? I'd like to see whether the +1 gives additional results.
    Well due to the nature of how elemental resistances work it's kinda tough. My suggestion is to go to Ifrits and have two White Mages in seperate parties (so their barfira doesn't hit each other) and have them both the same distance from a bomb when it explodes and keep recording the numbers. Obviously keep all equipment, merits etc consistent and have the only variable the Blessed Briault's.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That's a lot of stuff for a test just to pitch an HQ, really you should just keep saying 'white box.'

But yeah I've been complaining about ToAU, mostly because of them not finishing the new jobs whatsoever, but about these new sets. They pitched armor sets like OMG LOOK SETS!!! Then they make a set of items to have a mostly unnecessary bonus for the set while making you sacrifice a lot of better gear for the armor. Really, what job would sacrifice every piece of armor they have to gain subtle blow or *gasp* LOWERS BREATH DMG OMG. They should have made them a lot better so there would be incentive to take off the good armor we work to get.

Though I still plan on getting the body to mess around with on NIN. Go go 3825/20000 ; ;