Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: People making new posts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

People making new posts

This was gonna just be a response to the new Beseiged thread where the OP decides his random thoughts are bigger than any one thread and should be in a powerful, awesome thread of his own so we all see and don't risk skimming over it.

But then I thought, why confine my thoughts on him making a new thread to that thread when it can be skimmed over?

Stop making new threads about the same shit, assholes!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This should be stickied.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

There's another thread stating not to make new threads that got washed away...probably would have been better off bumping that....seeing as how you're following the same logic the guy that made the besieged post was..

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Technically couldn't you have just made this a reply to the topic you are referring to instead of making another new thread?

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Technically couldn't you have just made this a reply to the topic you are referring to instead of making another new thread?
    this is exactly why he made this thread

LOL, I just read Aurik and I'll paraphrase: Topic Beseiged, "WHY DID YOU MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR THIS." I thought to myself, 'Boy, someone should make a post about starting new topics, especially when the same topic is on the 1st page still.'

And then when I went back to index this topic was already started, good work!

People judge post counts, and the nay-sayers will argue, but I would put my money on people starting new posts of old subjects have lower post counts than people that don't start new(old) posts.

Because 90% of the time the information is posted in a thread with a completely unrelated subject line.

If you read through the "Corsair gets ranged WS without RNG subjob" thread by page 2 people aren't even talking about WS or Subjobs anymore. Making new threads to talk about different topics is what Forums are about.

"What, you didn't read about how much Refresh Evokers Roll gives in page 17 of the 'what subjob should COR use' thread? OMG you're spamming the forums with new topics!"

Search function. Learn it love it use it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Because 90% of the time the information is posted in a thread with a completely unrelated subject line.
    That is frequently true, although it wasn't in this case.

Is there was a way to reduce the number of people allowed to start topics (i.e. minimum post count or whatnot), but would allow you to post in already existing topics? That would reduce the redundant topics as well as get rid of the forum bots that periodically spam BG forums. The particular idiosyncracies of BG forums take some getting used to, and it takes some time to figure out how it works and avoid getting flamed. Having that first 25, 50 or 100 posts to figure out what topics work and what don't I think would help. And if you're looking for help on a particular subject, you're pretty much forced to learn how to use the search forum. Seems like a win-win.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another thread should be made about how there shouldnt be idiots acting like theyre mods here.

U R FORBEDIN 2 MAK KNEW POST, PLZ POST EN 15 PAG THREAD WIF BAD SUBJCT LINEZ0RZ.

For fuck sake, let people enjoy the NEW CONTENT, face it, we are ALL newbs when it comes to this new stuff, I dont care what you say. FOr awhile BG will be noob haven until people get the hang of this new shit.

Banned.

BG Level

Another thread should be made about how there shouldnt be idiots acting like theyre mods here.

U R FORBEDIN 2 MAK KNEW POST, PLZ POST EN 15 PAG THREAD WIF BAD SUBJCT LINEZ0RZ.

For fuck sake, let people enjoy the NEW CONTENT, face it, we are ALL newbs when it comes to this new stuff, I dont care what you say. FOr awhile BG will be noob haven until people get the hang of this new shit.
    Hey remember that time it was hypocritical to complain about people who complain about people?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP

Hey remember that time it was hypocritical to complain about people who complain about people?
    i do

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll have to agree with Faranim that most threads Subjects do not mach their content by page 2 much less page 10. Some new threads are stupid I'll agree as they just restate some obviously already knowing info while others like the post about potential AF1 quests are quite informative (or misinformative) and would've gotten lost in the large BLU discoveries thread.

On a sidenote I think BRP secretly loves these threads because every one is a chance for him to raise his post count while bitching about the thread

/em looks at his own post count.
    :Cue Genosync's GTFO Card: