BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault Info Compilation     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't notice it if it was mentioned, but how many points did the 2nd-tier Assault: Lamia No. 13 give?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

we got 999 for it

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

So Raineer, Weapon throws are supposed to go 'through' Utsusemi and pop out the back and hit the door? Interesting. We had a nin tank when we tried, but he was laggy as hell too. Should he still be trying to Change armor/run? I've never known changing armor/moving to the side to avoid anything from a mob ever, so it's hard to believe that's what you do here.

At this point it's still unclear precisely what causes axes and staves to go through the door. All that's for sure is that it happens sometimes. Best bet is to just always try changing gear and sidestepping. It can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamacian|God
    Just beat Lamia No. 13 assault, 2nd-tier mission in Ilrusi Atoll.
    did i miss some info or is it out how to get to the second tier missions? /nabs out

Info is around on how to open second teir missions.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    So Raineer, Weapon throws are supposed to go 'through' Utsusemi and pop out the back and hit the door? Interesting. We had a nin tank when we tried, but he was laggy as hell too. Should he still be trying to Change armor/run? I've never known changing armor/moving to the side to avoid anything from a mob ever, so it's hard to believe that's what you do here.
    Yup, on every single run and every occasion when the tank has had an utsusemi shadow up it went "through" him and hits the door. It's been 100% so far.

The only times it has failed is then the tank wasn't standing on the little 'nub' in front of the door or when he didn't have shadows up so the axe/staff did damage to the tank instead. We tried this with WAR/NIN and it's very rough to keep shadows up so we switched to MNK/NIN or NIN/WAR and been 100% on every door since we switched away from WAR tank.

ninja edit: we have never sidestepped or blinked gear (maybe if you are PLD/WAR tanking then you need this), so I can tell you that Utsu has been 100% on at least 10 doors.

HATE HALVUNG MISSION >< 2 MNKs DRK/NIN NIN/WAR THF/NIN and me as a RDM and we can beat the walls down in about 5 minutes and Qiqirn even faster however.. we only got ONE mine >< all qiqirn dead and only 1 MINE and time ran out.. fucking gay

Well, we couldn't find anyone else to come do the tier 2 assault in Periqia - called "Requiem", so we just went in with 4. From what I can recall, mobs were placed in all of the locations that I have put red dots on this ghetto map.

Also, there were gates which could not be targetted, and we could not figure out how to bust them down, which are marked in purple. We ran out of time before we were able to kill all the mobs that we could see, but we only had 1 skeleton remaining. There were ghosts in there that casted Blizzaga IV, so someone with silence is nice to have.. or someone using a stun weapon skill works too.

Anyway.. anyone know if you have to bust down the doors or if there are any more mobs that you have to kill to complete this mission? Hell.. we're not sure if that's the only objective in this assault, but the description says "Destroy Undead".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...19/Periqia.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

hi there

i want info how to clear Seagull Grounded at (Dvucca Isle sp)

dony know what to do ,any info from ppl clear it?

thanks

I cleared it lastnight finally. It easy once you know how to control the retarded COR npc.

Get him going he'll run from the crabs then when he stops keep him there and clear all 3 rooms. After the 3 rooms are cleared have one person stay with the npc and get him moving. In the mean time have the other 5 people clear out every mob. We won it with i think near 5 or so mins to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Suci
    I cleared it lastnight finally. It easy once you know how to control the retarded COR npc.

Get him going he'll run from the crabs then when he stops keep him there and clear all 3 rooms. After the 3 rooms are cleared have one person stay with the npc and get him moving. In the mean time have the other 5 people clear out every mob. We won it with i think near 5 or so mins to spare.
    After all the mobs are clear, how many ppl do you have awlk with him? We lost last night because even after clearing every mob he'd run back to the start. Staying IMMEDIATELY behind him seems to work better than staying at a distance. Next time I'm thinking about having one person stay on his left and one on his right, I'm wondering if this will cause him to never go off into one of the side rooms but instead just keep going straight.

Hmm trying to think back it was late lastnight when i did it. I believe after we got to the 1st or 2nd toad he needed help with the npc so we sent somebody to help him.

When i was on npc help you stand behind him till he stops then run around him and hell give that gay message. Then just stand like 20-30Meters behind him so he doesnt run back And he'll keep walking to the next spot. When he stops he needs to say the message i think or hell just stay there *shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Suci

After all the mobs are clear, how many ppl do you have awlk with him? We lost last night because even after clearing every mob he'd run back to the start. Staying IMMEDIATELY behind him seems to work better than staying at a distance. Next time I'm thinking about having one person stay on his left and one on his right, I'm wondering if this will cause him to never go off into one of the side rooms but instead just keep going straight.
    Did that last night.
    Does not work.

As long as he doesn't do the Flee speed run back to the start, will he ever go BACKWARDS? If not, it seems like as long as you stay close enough that he doesn't run back, he'll always make progress. And when he stops in the room run around until you get the "you smell" message so that he'll get started again. I think we're gonna try again tongiht, only 1 ID though. Probably gonna try walking him ahead as the group clears mobs this time, rather than waiting until the end. Can always stop him by getting in front of him if they need more time.

As long as he doesn't do the Flee speed run back to the start, will he ever go BACKWARDS? If not, it seems like as long as you stay close enough that he doesn't run back, he'll always make progress. And when he stops in the room run around until you get the "you smell" message so that he'll get started again. I think we're gonna try again tongiht, only 1 ID though. Probably gonna try walking him ahead as the group clears mobs this time, rather than waiting until the end. Can always stop him by getting in front of him if they need more time.
    All I know is that the NPC is majorly retarded.
    He seems to randomly pick rooms on the first area; one of the 2 side has mobs, if your lucky he picks the one without mobs.
    Then at the pugils he will run only if there is a chance he will get aggro, he ran right by 2 pugils with us.
    Then we just cleared all the doomed flesh out since its all on one path and its the only path leading to the exit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As long as he doesn't do the Flee speed run back to the start, will he ever go BACKWARDS?
    Yes, if he sees mobs then he'll run backwards but not at Flee speed.

I found it easiest to control him by standing behind him if I wanted him to walk forward, and standing in front of him and facing him if I wanted him to stop. He can't stop just anywhere though, so don't be surprised if you have to walk backwards a bit in front of him.

Sooo a bunch of people are on Tier 2. I looked and there's no topic for it. Should we start a new one...continue from here, or update this front page?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I talked to all of the NPC's and selected the second mission of each to show description. Here's a screen of the log. I haven't been able to find any info on them really, trying one of them tonight and I'll post what I know about it then. Any strats for any of these would be helpful ^^

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...u/img_0001.png

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

orz !! Really small picture... my fault... I'm too lazy to do it over, save and zoom in or something...