Thread: Undead Swarm Round #2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Undead Swarm Round #2

Undead swarm moving on unicorn @ 109 forces and Level 1 w/e that means. Maybe this'll be a little bit bigger?

I'm so excited.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Do any of the new races have major magic resistance? So far BLMs have just slept and blasted everything off the face of /bmap.

Sleeping undead would be a bit more of a challenge, but as long as everybody has a level 75 BLM, They'll last about as long as a Stroper Chime spawn did a year ago.

Maybe they'll hit 200 and cast Shell V before assaulting or something.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Do any of the new races have major magic resistance? So far BLMs have just slept and blasted everything off the face of /bmap.

Sleeping undead would be a bit more of a challenge, but as long as everybody has a level 75 BLM, They'll last about as long as a Stroper Chime spawn did a year ago.

Maybe they'll hit 200 and cast Shell V before assaulting or something.
    Unless I have timed luck with another BLM/WS, I one shotted 3 mobs (around 1100dmg) Rest of the time, the mobs died quicker than dynamis mobs, second they pop, I start casting and they die before the cast is half way through.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Same shit as before, like 5 mobs and 200 people raping them. They're at Level 1 "Retreating", and 110 Forces.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They actually made it inside the city on Sylph, then they retreated.

Old Merits
    BG Level

These beastmen are some crafty sonsabitches, testing the waters like that. You guys don't rest on your laurels, they'll be coming back, mark my words.

/grizzledwarveteran

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

THIS THREAD IS IMPORTANT

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Besieged continues to impress. Half the people in the undead swarm that just hit on Gilgamesh didn't even see the mobs before the 100 or whatever defenders beat them off. This is totally ridiculous. SE needs to shut this shit down and get it working before wasting our time with such nonsense.

Yeah, that was pretty funny sad pathetic etc. Then there was some BLM proclaiming "I got 293 xp!" Meanwhile everyone else was lucky if they got 30. I was able to hit a lamia a couple times before it died but everything else was dead in 2 seconds. I didn't even see 10 monsters spawn before they retreated.

I'm not going to say it's a bad idea. Actually though, the more people that decide its stupid, the better off for SE, because the ones that do stick around will have a better experience. Addition by subtraction.

I expect they'll adjust it, compensate for 200 people sitting around.

Someone in my LS made an awesome suggestion right after the massacre. The besieged map should not mention the monster status *at all*. That way people won't have 3 hours to prepare when they see beastman forces reaching 100. Just spring them on the city without warning.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Yeah, that was pretty funny sad pathetic etc. Then there was some BLM proclaiming "I got 293 xp!" Meanwhile everyone else was lucky if they got 30. I was able to hit a lamia a couple times before it died but everything else was dead in 2 seconds. I didn't even see 10 monsters spawn before they retreated.

I'm not going to say it's a bad idea. Actually though, the more people that decide its stupid, the better off for SE, because the ones that do stick around will have a better experience. Addition by subtraction.

Someone in my LS made an awesome suggestion right after the massacre. The besieged map should not mention the monster status *at all*. That way people won't have 3 hours to prepare when they see beastman forces reaching 100. Just spring them on the city without warning.
    I would only suggest this for the 1st month or so, its going to die down to a balancable level before long.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume

I would only suggest this for the 1st month or so, its going to die down to a balancable level before long.
    With such a useful city and an easy port to Jeuno, what makes you think it will die down at all? SE didn't design the city to make us happy, they designed it to lure us into staying there, so that when Besieged happened, people would be there.

I see 150 people in Aery every day. Whats a balanceable level? SE can't have 500 mobs in the zone to make it a challenge, the game just doesn't support it, it's raped by 150 people, a dozen mobs, a dragon and a small room.

SE's description of the new Dynamis areas when they were released said flat out they knew the game can't handle more than 32 people in an area at once with any number of mobs. Do you seriously think there will be less than 32 people in Al Zhabi in the next 2 years when a besieged happens? I don't.

They need to do the following:
    - People need to flag themselves as participants
    - Anyone flagged who is in the zone when besieged happens respawns in a room
    - Each alliance can enter their own instance of different portions of the Al Zhabi zone
    - Results of all the fights from the different peices of Al Zhabi are combined to a final result

As it stands, it just isn't working. There will ALWAYS be too many people in the zone for the game to be able to handle, let alone throw enough monsters in to be a suitable challenge.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    -Destroy the feeling of massively multiplayerness that FFXI does so well and change it into WoW
    Fixed for true intent

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

If he said that I'd agree completely. Let's face it, people dont like eachother.

-Destroy the feeling of massively multiplayerness that FFXI does so well and change it into WoW
    Fixed to what I think will make others think my epenis is huge without actually addressing any arguements because that would require thinking and using my brain is too hard
    Fixed for true intent.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Fixed to what I think will make others think my epenis is huge without actually addressing any arguements because that would require thinking and using my brain is too hard
    I dont know how to make any good comebacks, so i'll use the word "e-penis" to make myself look like the better man, then argue that people didnt look into the verbal diarrhea that I call my arguments, despite the fact they are nothing but me wiping my vagina from top to bottom on my content-less posts.
    Fixed

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I dont know how to make any good comebacks, so i'll use the word "e-penis" to make myself look like the better man, then argue that people didnt look into the verbal diarrhea that I call my arguments, despite the fact they are nothing but me wiping my vagina from top to bottom on my content-less posts.
    LOL Kangaroo
    Fixed

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Flux has inspired a new sig. Enjoy.