Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3

    Behavior of ToUA Mobs need help

    Ok I got aggro doing a staging area in Caedarva Mire. I zoned 2 shades. I try to re-zone and they are still at zoneline. Log out for 20 minutes still at zoneline. Ok RR on run, train them AWAY from the zoneline fine a safe place and die. THEY WONT LEAVE MY BODY?

    New Behavior? Bug? Anyone know?

  2. #2
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,477
    BG Level
    7

    Stop putting Strawberry Jelly in your underwear

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    Stop putting Strawberry Jelly in your underwear
    but if feels so geeeewd..

    and as far as the concern of the OP... who cares.

  4. #4
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3

    Well thats an Allakhazam reply, thanks for your thoughtful input.

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawas
    Well thats an Allakhazam reply, thanks for your thoughtful input.
    um... with all the BS threads that are getting posted... perhaps your problem could be solved without the fucking Justice League BG on the case. Maybe, just maybe, you could just take a little while... and figure it out on your own.

    Or... you could post a thread on BG forums, because we are all in desperate need of some new threads with interesting content.

    lolamirite? good day sir.

  6. #6
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3

    See some of us used to use this site to actually get info, not cry, bitch, whine, flame each other. This site use to be helpfull.

    So yeah after 2 hours, of trying to figure out how to get of this mess, and still waitin on a GM call, I figured I would see if anyone else had the same problem, or this was a change in behavior in which a Mob doesnt path, it doesnt depop it just watches your body from the point in which it killed you, or zoned. Something I have never seen before.


    So sorry I am not trashing another LS, calling someone a botter, making a bitch post about why FFXI sucks. Cause I guess thats all this site is for.

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawas
    So sorry I am not trashing another LS, calling someone a botter, making a bitch post about why FFXI sucks. Cause I guess thats all this site is for.
    I'll forgive you this time, but only because you smell like Strawberry Jelly :wink:

  8. #8
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    BG Level
    6

    I know just what this thread needs...


    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/OhLame/aida6.jpg

  9. #9
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    To the Hall of Justice! (that show was the shit)

  10. #10
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    52
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawas
    See some of us used to use this site to actually get info, not cry, bitch, whine, flame each other. This site use to be helpfull.

    So yeah after 2 hours, of trying to figure out how to get of this mess, and still waitin on a GM call, I figured I would see if anyone else had the same problem, or this was a change in behavior in which a Mob doesnt path, it doesnt depop it just watches your body from the point in which it killed you, or zoned. Something I have never seen before.


    So sorry I am not trashing another LS, calling someone a botter, making a bitch post about why FFXI sucks. Cause I guess thats all this site is for.
    pwned!

  11. #11

    Tape, what's up with the garbage posts? The guy was seeking information and you shit all over him. If you're feeling cranky or something go rub one out and stop derailing potentially interesting topics.

  12. #12

    FFXI CORPSE CAMPING!?

    HOLY TAUREN!

  13. #13

    Mobs do the same thing if you zone into Temenos/Appolyon. I've zoned agro into there before waited 10+ minutes, come back out and had the mob waiting for me.

  14. #14
    Most Valuable Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Temenos and Apollyon are also completely different areas from the new Woodlands both in situation and behavior.

    As per the behavior of the mobs; I've seen this once or twice on Ramuh with the Fomors where all they did was camp at zone and not move. GM said it was a glitch of some kind and they are working on it. If that's what it was for you, I have no idea; but that is kind of weird that they wouldn't return to a spawn point or something, even if just by the old method of walking.

  15. #15
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,127
    BG Level
    6

    There was also a problem of some of the mobs not linking on summons. When Mamook first opened, I ran into a summoner there while looking for the staging point. At the time, we thought it was behind one of the locked gates (guides weren't up yet), so we decided to dou a few mobs for a key. They sent Carbuncle in the middle of a group to pull one back, and they didn't link. Thinking they might not have seen him, the smn leaves carby out until all the other Mamools have walked around, through, etc through the mobs Carby was attacking. At this point, they had not linked on sight or sound, so we figured we were safe. Summoners releases....wtf, why are there 5 Mamools coming after us?

  16. #16
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3

    Yeah the Formers are definately messed up in the Mire by the Staging point. While I had less than 20 minutes left on timer with RR on, a friend tried to train the formers away from my body. They were both next to each other, he aggro's one and ran. The other didnt link. The one he aggros was purple and ran about 100 feet and stopped. He came back aggro'd the other and ran. The purple one he aggro'd 1st just stood there, didnt move.

    I mean if logging out, zoning, logging out waiting 20 minutes and mobs are still at the zoneline waiting for you there is huge problem. I submitted a bug report, like that will do anything.

  17. #17
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,960
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    POL update april 27th

    "Some shadow (fomor) type monsters which have lost their target would not disappear when they were out of thier radius of activity."

    now you can reraise :D

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Tape, what's up with the garbage posts? The guy was seeking information and you shit all over him. If you're feeling cranky or something go rub one out and stop derailing potentially interesting topics.
    done... and better.

    Edit: And its not so much that as it's annoying to see a new thread every 15 seconds about every little fucking thing that people can't explain.

    OMFG I ZONED TO AL ZAHBI AND THE DOOR IS CLOSEDEDED!!!!

    edit: NM 3 seconds later it opened... har har har

    That and the Strawberry Jelly guy started it.

  19. #19
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Tape, what's up with the garbage posts? The guy was seeking information and you shit all over him. If you're feeling cranky or something go rub one out and stop derailing potentially interesting topics.
    done... and better.

    Edit: And its not so much that as it's annoying to see a new thread every 15 seconds about every little fucking thing that people can't explain.

    OMFG I ZONED TO AL ZAHBI AND THE DOOR IS CLOSEDEDED!!!!

    edit: NM 3 seconds later it opened... har har har

    That and the Strawberry Jelly guy started it.
    I agree there are some really stupid posts. There are multiple posts about the same subjects, that is something the MODs should be fixing.

    I just dont feel that this thread was made in the same light as the other Besidged Post #25648362. I am not a moron, I have played this game since import, I was a NA beta tester, been active since NA release, I know how the game works.

    When your stuck in a situation where you spend an hour getting to a staging point, and get aggro zone, and have a mob do something it shouldnt be, or hasnt done ever and your running out of time on your HP timer which means back to the begining on the annoying Staging point run. Have a LS member call a GM and have the GM say he "cant find me" when the GM has my name <pos> and zone name.

    It becomes pretty important to reach out to people on a forum like this for some kind of help. Even when we figured out how to fix the problem, which in itself wasnt working the way the game should be it can be pretty upsetting. I just feel this type of situation is what BG should be for. just my opinion.


    At least it seems like maybe the bug report did something, or at others were having the same issue, thankfully its fixed cause its a real bitch to deal with.

  20. #20
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,184
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawas
    Well thats an Allakhazam reply, thanks for your thoughtful input.
    um... with all the BS threads that are getting posted... perhaps your problem could be solved without the fucking Justice League BG on the case. Maybe, just maybe, you could just take a little while... and figure it out on your own.

    Or... you could post a thread on BG forums, because we are all in desperate need of some new threads with interesting content.

    lolamirite? good day sir.
    you're a faggot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Need help on finding mobs stats
    By Nameless in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-12-07, 18:48
  2. The behavior of certain mobs in Dynamis-Beaucedine.
    By Valkerine in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2006-04-27, 20:24
  3. Hi WAR/NIN needs help
    By cyphx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 2006-02-02, 19:58