BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Has anyone come up with any theory for a pattern to the ore or is it just blind luck?
    Blind luck, as far as I can tell.

Finally, do you have to turn in the ore and then find the Release Rune elsewhere? If so, where is it?
    Use Invis to get past the Qiqirns after you get the ore. The Rune pops next to the NPC after you turn it in.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Question on the Orichalcum Survey.

Did this last night with 4 people, tried it twice. Both times, we ended up getting the ore with less than 1 minute left and couldn't make it back to the NPC to turn the ore in.

We tried killing the worms at first to free up the mining points for the next passthrough, but quit doing it near the end as we were pressed for time.

Has anyone come up with any theory for a pattern to the ore or is it just blind luck?

Finally, do you have to turn in the ore and then find the Release Rune elsewhere? If so, where is it?
    As the other reply said, it seems like blind luck. One strategy I'm going to try next time (we'll likely try to farm this one, as it beats the first worm assault) is to split into 2 teams and take the 2 different routes marked on my map. This way you can kill worms more effectively, you can mine more efficiently (so that one person doesn't burn a pick on one spot just to have his pick break, and have to run allll the way back around), and so you can protect the ore carrier better.

Here are the maps I made. Again, please post or message me if you see something that needs to be fixed.

http://people.clemson.edu/~ckey/ffxi/maps/assault

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    Question on the Orichalcum Survey.

Did this last night with 4 people, tried it twice. Both times, we ended up getting the ore with less than 1 minute left and couldn't make it back to the NPC to turn the ore in.

We tried killing the worms at first to free up the mining points for the next passthrough, but quit doing it near the end as we were pressed for time.

As the other reply said, it seems like blind luck. One strategy I'm going to try next time (we'll likely try to farm this one, as it beats the first worm assault) is to split into 2 teams and take the 2 different routes marked on my map. This way you can kill worms more effectively, you can mine more efficiently (so that one person doesn't burn a pick on one spot just to have his pick break, and have to run allll the way back around), and so you can protect the ore carrier better.

Here are the maps I made. Again, please post or message me if you see something that needs to be fixed.

http://people.clemson.edu/~ckey/ffxi/maps/assault
    This is the stratagy the group I used to beat it with on first attempt.

If you take melee x3, mage x3 or so you should split into three groups.

Banned.

BG Level

So is Lebros Cavern possible for non Aery whores?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

nothing from aery gives movement speed + so yes >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    So is Lebros Cavern possible for non Aery whores?
    It can be done by AF whores (NIN), sky whores (RDM, RNG, PLD), Rolanberry whores (RNG/THF), and Attowha Chasm whores (WHM, BLM, SMN, lolMNK) too.

Night lasts for pretty much the entire time, if you start right at 18:00.

Banned.

BG Level

You know what I mean ;o! Pretty much, it is possible for a group without a lot of +movement? Or does it NEED NINs and +movement gear. I know fllee boots help a lot, but I'm a poor old BLM overhere.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You could always farm somewhere else and skip it.

Banned.

BG Level

I hope I'm not causing a flame war here, but has a fomula been confirmed yet? I think that is what I'm going to do.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I hope I'm not causing a flame war here, but has a fomula been confirmed yet? I think that is what I'm going to do.
    Not sure about the actual formula but a person in my LS got tier 3 without winning one of the tier 2 assaults. He was 4/5 on tier 2 and got the CS to look for the hoofprint from Naja. Just attempted enough tier2 and 1 assaults to put him over.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Not confirmed but it's something on the order of the 25 point method, so 5 points for initial wins 1 for repeats.

I have PFC with no wins in Mamook, and no attempts or even the staging point for Periqia. Well at least I get Pln. Body Sunday.