Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sanction bonuses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sanction bonuses

Has anyone experienced the Sanction bonuses not working correctly? I got the Regen bonus to test how fast it was, and my HP just doesn't regen, at all. It's like I didn't even get it in the first place. I tried leaving the city limits just to make sure, same thing. Unfortunately I forgot to check my IS points before receiving Sanction to see if they had actually gone down to 100, so i went and tried yet again to check if my points had been deducted. They weren't. I had 1725 IS before receiving Sanction, and 1725 after receiving Sanction.

Am I missing something here, or is this just broke right now?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

latent effect...yellow HP

edit:::i dont think it takes more IP, you just don't get as big of a return when you kill a mob.

No it specifically says "Choose a bonus for 100 credits?" It also says nothing about it being a latent effect. Moreoever, one of the effects is "Increased meal duration", so how could that be a latent effect? I think it's broken personally, it doesn't indicate in any way shape or form that it's a latent effect, OR that it's a lower return / mob rather than a flat deduction.

EDIT: Hmm, talking to him a second time actually did lower me, but this time I chose Refresh instead of Regen. Not gonna try it a third time lol

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    No it specifically says "Choose a bonus for 100 credits?" It also says nothing about it being a latent effect. Moreoever, one of the effects is "Increased meal duration", so how could that be a latent effect? I think it's broken personally, it doesn't indicate in any way shape or form that it's a latent effect, OR that it's a lower return / mob rather than a flat deduction.
    You're retarded.

The regen is less than 50% hp, the refresh is less than 50% mp. Just test it. Of course the food is always active, duh.

The CoP box says nothing about the expansion sucking, does that mean it didn't?

LazyShell
    BG Level

i've tested the refresh one personally, i only got the effect when i was under 150 mp (with about 500 mp or so as brd.. if its a % or something..). So its defenitely not always active for those.. I'm not sure about meal effect duration, though I would assume that isn't latent.

With a 219MP manapool (BST/WHM), Refresh from IS refreshed me to 88MP, or approximately 40% of my mp pool. It could even be 50% of your natural pool, i might have had some mp gear on. I assume regen would be something similar in that it works up to a certain number.

Also, I seem to remember that the conditions on the latent will change depending on besieged standing (that is, the power of the imperial vs bst, aka, how well you are doing in besieged). Might be pulling that out of my arse but Im pretty sure I remember that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It works when you are under a certain % hp or mp for refresh.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    It could even be 50% of your natural pool
    this would make a lot of sense, as 150 is defenitely not the 50% mark on my current MP pool, but it could be for my natural MP pool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It doesn't say it ingame but it was in the update notes.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/200604186oQFt2/detail.html
    When the Astral Candescence is in the Empire of Aht Urhgan:

- The Astral Candescence is located on the astral plinth in the Hall of Binding.
    - Players will receive an experience bonus while under the effect of Sanction.
    The following bonuses can be earned in exchange for Imperial Standing credits:
    Latent effect: Regen, Latent effect: Refresh, increased meal duration

These bonuses become more powerful with the number of times Al Zahbi is successfully defended. However, they will revert to their original strength if the Astral Candescence is taken by the beastmen. You can confirm the current number of successive victories by speaking to an Imperial guard in town.

Doesn't seem like a % to me. I changed SJ to WHM which gave me a max MP pool of 105. Cast Cure II which brought me to 81. No refresh. Cast Cure III which brought me into the 30s, and refresh started. it refreshed me all the way up to 74, which is about 71%. But for Delekii it only took him to 40%.

Ninja edit: I guess because we've defended the candescence 3 or 4 times it's stronger. I wonder if it can get up to 100%

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Tested meal duration with a ginger cookie
    Lasted a full 2:30 longer (*'-')

EDIT:when we had 2 wins btw

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Someone somewhere (forgive me for not digging it up) said that the latents started at 60% HP/MP after winning some Besiegeds.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The Refresh was working for my friend to 30% before any victories, and meal duration gave me 40min as opposed to 30min. We have 5 victories under our belt now, maybe I'll get her to test the refresh again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I just killed an Even Match mob for 112 exp after 5 victories, up from 105 before any victories. 5% -> 12%.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Wow.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

in the cutscene after a win, the "orbs" light up. obviously noting how many wins you have?

but in my 2nd (over all besieged) i noticed that it only lit one. I've only been in 2, both from different attacking races. Could it be that each area's latent/exp+ is differenent dependant on wins against that attacking race. all orbs would be reset when AC is lost of course.

then again i could be wrong and it counts total wins and not area wins.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderleest
    in the cutscene after a win, the "orbs" light up. obviously noting how many wins you have?

but in my 2nd (over all besieged) i noticed that it only lit one. I've only been in 2, both from different attacking races. Could it be that each area's latent/exp+ is differenent dependant on wins against that attacking race. all orbs would be reset when AC is lost of course.

then again i could be wrong and it counts total wins and not area wins.
    Total wins I think. My exp bonus of 12% is static in all 4 regions of ToAU.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I got 104 exp from killing a DC Pugil in Mt. Zhayolm earlier... no exp bonuses on. 72 (I think the highest DC exp?) -> 104 is a pretty big jump.

It's actually -consecutive- wins that increases the strength of the bonus.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    I got 104 exp from killing a DC Pugil in Mt. Zhayolm earlier... no exp bonuses on. 72 (I think the highest DC exp?) -> 104 is a pretty big jump.
    93 is the highest DC at 75.