Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colibri - weird mobs o.O     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Colibri - weird mobs o.O

Heya BG forums this is my first topic/first post here ever.

I'm Shandi a 75 BLM RDM WHM on Fairy server just thought i'd introduce myself... k now to the point of my topic

a blm friend of mine is our soloing Marid (in Bhaflau Thickets) for xp and he accidently casted Thundaga III and it hit a Colibri. The Colibri instantly recasted thundaga III on him and killed him... now i mean instant cast... like as fast as if he had Chainspelled it.

When i came out to raise 3 him on my whm i was curious and decided i would try to see if those mobs maybe mimic black magic?

well i casted Thunder 1 on it, hit it for like 20 points of damage, then he DID IT AGAIN! He instantly casted Thundaga III on my friend (who wasnt even in my pt, kind of far away from me and he had 0 hate on me what so ever) and killed him again.

now my question to you all is - Does anyone have any idea why it did this? I've searched KI, allah, and BG and have found 0 information... anyone have any ideas?

Banned.

BG Level

Hahaha...

To add to this thread... I was exploring Bhaflau Thickets. In the most east Watchtower, there are a bunch of Colibiri. Anyway, I was running around the tower and I kept on hearing this weird sound. For a split second, I saw a bird flash light blue. Then another, but neither were perfect views. By this time, I think I'm going crazy. So I ran around the tower some more, but it never happened again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

o_o

good thing I meleeburned them I guess

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Re: Colibri - weird mobs o.O

Quote Originally Posted by shandi235
    Heya BG forums this is my first topic/first post here ever.

I'm Shandi a 75 BLM RDM WHM on Fairy server just thought i'd introduce myself... k now to the point of my topic

a blm friend of mine is our soloing Marid (in Bhaflau Thickets) for xp and he accidently casted Thundaga III and it hit a Colibri. The Colibri instantly recasted thundaga III on him and killed him... now i mean instant cast... like as fast as if he had Chainspelled it.

When i came out to raise 3 him on my whm i was curious and decided i would try to see if those mobs maybe mimic black magic?

well i casted Thunder 1 on it, hit it for like 20 points of damage, then he DID IT AGAIN! He instantly casted Thundaga III on my friend (who wasnt even in my pt, kind of far away from me and he had 0 hate on me what so ever) and killed him again.

now my question to you all is - Does anyone have any idea why it did this? I've searched KI, allah, and BG and have found 0 information... anyone have any ideas?
    Maybe Colbris have Reflect

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why would it reflect Thunder I as Thundaga III then?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Because it's Reflect III duh

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've soloed a Colbri blm style with nukes and never saw anything like this.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Lessed colibri don't have the reflect, the higher lvl "Colobri" reflect though, I tried Thunder4 on one and it shot it back at me a little stronger then the Thunder4 damage I did to it.

Banned.

BG Level

SE loves to add new charactistics to their monsters. In this expansion, it seems monsters gain the ability to buff themselves without TP/spells. The War... roaches can change their body stance to add a defense bonus. I bet the birds use their reflect(which is what I probably saw) in the same way.

Bimodal monsters were first introduced in CoP; think of all the mobs in Sea that exhibit similar behavior.

No way cause CoP sucks. This is cool and I couldn't beat Snoll so there can't be any connection between the two.

Banned.

BG Level

Ah, good point. I guess I forgot about Sea.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Both cases had Thunder spells, We allready know how Puk react to wind spells, Maybe try a high-level one of these with Blizzard and see if it reacts the same.

Who wants to toss some XP at one and see if it works?

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

The first day the expansion came out, me and a couple friends were running around just killing random mobs to see what they were like. Just outside the entrance to Halvung from Bhaflau, there's a bunch of the Colibri flying around. I pulled one with Kurayami: Ni and it immediately cast it back at me, so they definitely reflect more than just black magic. Throughout the fight it would keep casting whatever spells were cast on it.

I'm not sure if it "remembers" previous spells and can cast them again though, I wasn't paying that close of attention. Also not sure if it's a true reflect (meaning it gets aimed at whoever cast it) or if it casts it on whoever has hate. I know that I got a BLM spell cast on me at one point, but the BLM also got hit with one of his own spells, so I'm not sure if I just lost hate for a second, or if it reflected one at him, and used another one on me.

Interesting mob anyway, I guess the idea is that it's one of those Mynah-type birds that mimic things.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, much of the 'new' mob stuff is like sea stuff. Marids are like Jailer of Justice sans suicide. Chigoes are like Phuabos/Yovras. Theres a ton of bimodal stuff. Colibri are like Jailer of Fortitude's reflect. Lamias have single target strip like Yovras. Etc

Who wants to toss some XP at one and see if it works?
    /

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Lamias have single target strip like Yovras. Etc
    Qiqirn do too, but it's a single random equip.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I went and screwed around with these for about 4 hours(skillup party) the party was SAM WAR BLM they DEFINTLY have reflect there is absolutly no doubt about it, it CAN and DOES cast on other people, the BLM cast para and it landed on me (person with hate) It will cast any spell casted on it meaning ninjitsu, songs, black magic, white magic anything.

Is it true reflect (the colibri won't be debuffed or won't take damage) or is it like Jailer of Fortitude where it is just mimicing the caster (since JoF actually does get hit by the spell)?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Is it true reflect (the colibri won't be debuffed or won't take damage) or is it like Jailer of Fortitude where it is just mimicing the caster (since JoF actually does get hit by the spell)?
    Like Jailer of Fortitude.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsent
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Like Jailer of Fortitude.
    Don't cure you back though ; ;