Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello everyone     submit to reddit submit to twitter

oh, and thanx for your concern guyz

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmoe
    Segmentation fault = reading/writing memory outside of your segment. Typically dereferencing a null pointer, which is what this error is.

Not that this info helps solve the problem. Rolling Eyes
    do you know what i'm supposed to do?
    You should start by making sure your drivers are up to date, as has already been suggested. Crashing when entering fullscreen sounds suspiciously like a driver problem, but, you might unroot other hardware problems...

Start here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    Segmentation fault = reading/writing memory outside of your segment. Typically dereferencing a null pointer, which is what this error is.

Not that this info helps solve the problem. Rolling Eyes
    do you know what i'm supposed to do?
    You should start by making sure your drivers are up to date, as has already been suggested. Crashing when entering fullscreen sounds suspiciously like a driver problem, but, you might unroot other hardware problems...

Start here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

i already updated that and i'm still getting the same message .-.

Buy a new computer.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

make your page file static, instead of having a max and a min that are 2 different numbers, set them both to 1024, that error is memory related, but not necessarily your memory itself, most likely whats happening is there is a issue with part of your HD, when you open ffxi it resizes the pagefile to use that section of your HD, doing so causes the game to crash

right click on My Computer, go to properties, click on advanced, click performance settings, click advanced, and click change

once in there, click custom size, and set both numbers to 1024, click set, then ok, then restart your computer

i did that, set both numbers to 1024 and restarted the PC and i'm still getting the same message.

Might be something else?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

format your computer and don't install anything but OS, drivers and FFXI. If it still fails, take it to the shop or get a new computer.

well, ive been playing ffxi on this PC for over 6 months.

well, ive been playing ffxi on this PC for over 6 months.
    Whatever you changed, revert.
    If you didn't change anything buy a new PC.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'll second that. Use System Restore to go back to any date where you didn't have problems using FFXI. If the problem still persists, consider backing up all your data, formatting your computer, and re-installing the game.

orz ._.''

i'm sure this can get fixed.
    ... some way

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sometimes the updates don't update right, I'd say Reinstall Playonline.

If you reinstall POL, you won't lose FFXI Macros, or have to reupdate XI for hours. And it might be the best way to fix it.

Do you have the prob on any other full screen or graphics applications? Try the FFXI Benchmark App:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/multim ... oad/bench/

If that runs, it's not graphics driver and it's not fullscreen, so reinstall POL and pray. If that fails, Then it's more likely a hardware related issue.

no other games work just fine.

So use system restore as the previous poster said.
    If that doesn't work start closing any programs that run in the background (i.e. MSN Messenger, Antivirus, etc)
    If that doesn't work reinstall ffxi.
    If that doesn't work, start uninstalling programs from least useful to most.
    If that doesn't work do a ocmplete reformat/reinstall of your OS. Then update your OS completely, then update your hardward drivers. AFTER THAT then install ffxi and see if it works.

If you're still receiving errors at that point I would start considering the unlikely event of a RAM failure. The reason I say it's unlikely is because 1) it doesn't happen all that often, and 2) The issue wouldn't be isolated to 1 or 2 programs.

it also happens to me on BearShare.

but nothing else.

even if it happened to 5 programs those are the exact same steps I'd do on the system if it belonged to a client of mine.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Ok figured this may fit in this thread as opposed to making a new one. Ever since I have updated the ToAU expansion, my screen freezes about once every 1-2hrs.

This happened before and after I have replaced the vid card, scanned for virus, and tried defrag.

I am thinking at this point I may need to uninstall ToAU and reinstall.

Would this work? or is this happening to anyone else, where the screen freezes and the only way to get out is to press the reboot button (not even control alt delete works)

Please need help, thanks

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Well I didn't think I needed to start a new thread for this, but it appears I may have been wrong. After almost a full day of this post being up, there have been no suggestions?

Anyways I tried uninstalling ffxi and reinstalling it, and still get a frozen screen after about an hour of playing and becomes more frequent the longer I play.

Going to try to change out RAM today to see if that may be the problem.

If anyone else can offer any help, please do so. This problem is really annoying. I know alot of you that read these posts are really smart when it comes to computers, any help you could offer would be much appriciated.

Thanks