Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

trolls - special properties ?

I was wondering if people have tried exp'ing off VT trolls. They seem to have very high HP near 10,000 hp mark if i am not mistaken?
    I remember doing 1200 dmg thunder IV and taking off only 13% of it's hp.

However, i noticed they also do very little damage. A VT DRK troll was hitting my blm for only 120-140 dmg/hit while VT demon WARs can hit me for 300/hit.

The most interesting thing i noticed was the ability to do DOUBLE magic damage on a troll. This only happened once out of around 4-5 nukes and i didnt get a chance to experiment further. I was wondering if people could offer some feedback and perhaps there would be a way to make exp'ing off VT trolls feasible?

There is a huge string of VT trolls near one of the staging areas... and i cant begin to imagine how much exp/hr you could get on a chain 300+ here since off T and VT mobs can net you 16.5k/hr already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe that is what Square meant when they wanted to find a way encourage BLMs into XP parties instead of manaburns.

I actually exped once on them, it wasnt that bad at all, We had Nin Drk War Blm Brd Smn just goofing around killing them while camping Cerberus. But the only annyoing part with these Trolls are the Ranger one's who have about a 150+ Ranged attack dmg that goes through blink ;x

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ranger Trolls have a very cool looking gun on their back.

They have that Diamondhide racial stoneskin ability which can make things tricky if your RDM is the one out pulling or he was as slow with the dispell as mine was. He had filters set and said he couldn't see the party damage so by the time he dispelled it we had allready chewed through most of it.

They either had very good accuracy or my nin had sucky equipment bc they went through shadows very quickly.

Not my favorite xp spot of the new beastmen zones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia
    I actually exped once on them, it wasnt that bad at all, We had Nin Drk War Blm Brd Smn just goofing around killing them while camping Cerberus. But the only annyoing part with these Trolls are the Ranger one's who have about a 150+ Ranged attack dmg that goes through blink ;x
    Yeah but it's not that strong, and it has a huuuuge delay as it literally animates them pulling up the gun and firirng, I prefer it to dagger/xbow like goblins.

EDIT: I think my rdm and brd both tried and said the stoneskin was not dispel-able

Old Merits
    BG Level

They also have very annoying stoneskin and look ugly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

if its not dispellable then these are terrible XP mobs. I hit a 0 dmg thunder IV on a DC one after he did diamondhide. Thats easily 1300 points of stoneskin.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have xp'd on trolls up by the ramparts 3 times so far once with 5 people on VT's and a few IT's to lvl 75 blm, good xp up to chain 5 of 200xp+, usually go with 2 blms, sc darkness or light before 50% and can drop them with tier 4 mbs. Also noticed if you have thf or someone sub thf in party, you get alot of shield and maul drops.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Its dispellable. And they are my brothers those trolls plz dont kill them. ;;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

just don't be the retard who uses WS after scissor guard, it's STONESKIN people, 2-3 attk rounds and it's gone.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by HCgilgameshWipeToFafnir;;
    Can we get anon posting fags banned ??

My server spawns a bunch of clueless retards (Sirlancelot, FFXIFlux, this anon posting idiot), I humbly appologize for this crap.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Cocoon isn't stoneskin, it's a def buff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

bad analogy, I'll fix it.

Scissor Guard is also Def up, crab SS is Metallic Body and its the weakest SS in the world, a T Steelshell's Metallic won't eat even a single punch's damage, its a non-factor.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And anyways xxslusherxx, a WS peels its stoneskin as efficiently as an attack round it just makes you not have the epeen bonuses. The only time it makes a difference is when you are closing a SC.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

well, your all right, I've fucked this anaolgy beyond repair but....

it still stands troll stoneskin while annoying, is not a big deal.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by HCgilgameshWipeToFafnir;;
    Can we get anon posting fags banned ??
    it's the same as this fool:
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=205768

just don't be the retard who uses WS after scissor guard, it's STONESKIN people
    Mob TP move name aside, this makes no difference if you're just going to use
    2-3 attk rounds and it's gone.
    If you are going to dispel it, sure. However, if you're just pounding your way through stoneskin, it doesn't matter if you WS right when he uses Stoneskin or if you wait til Stoneskin is down (other than the fact your e-peen number will be reduced because SS absorbs the damage). A 500HP stoneskin is 500 additional HP. Doesn't matter when you damage it... can people seriously not understand this concept?

And yes, I reiterate, it makes a difference if you have a dispeller who's on the ball, when you could save a few hundred damage by waiting. However, if you don't, its utterly pointless.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

its waaay more than 500hp btw. Try 1.2k or more. Thats a chain breaker.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Troll stoneskin is a good 600-700 hp on DC/EM trolls. Unlike crabs, an rdm can and probably should dispell Troll stoneskin. It's also a good thing to stun. Stoneskin will also destroy your extra SC damage on a light or darkness so your looking at a possible 2000dmg turned into 0 on a VT/IT troll.