BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone try ENM60 "Pulling the Strings" BLU/COR/PUP

..or has this not been implemented yet, much like the AF1, 2, 3 quests, Borghertz Azure/Gambling/Puppeteering Hands (or whatever), the AF coffers, Maat fight, AF2, etc.?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I doubt it, theres no 61 JSE Ammo/Ring/Earring in the dats for these jobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    I doubt it, theres 61 JSE Ammo/Ring/Earring in the dats for these jobs.
    Wouldn't that suggest there might be an ENM60 set up then, if those items are in the dats?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Maxx probably meant "there's no..."

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Maxx probably meant "there's no..."
    Yeah... fixed...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Either way, I'm wondering what you're told if you do try to do it as one of the new jobs. Maybe it'll just give you the option for "Automaton Assault" and not "Pulling the Strings".

Old Merits
    BG Level

I can just see it now.

Someone enters the battle field. Everybody in the region has their Computer/PS2 freeze.

--===SYSTEM MSG===--
    We are currently undergoing emergency maintaince on Newton Movarporos and Mine Shaft #2716. Yeah. We forgot about that one. And Watanabe spilled Ramune on the Unicorn server again.
    ------------------------------

BTW: If there's no coffers in the new zones, does this mean I'll have to go back to Oztroja and Beadaux for my coffers or do you think they'll make then something more sinister?

netz

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    BTW: If there's no coffers in the new zones, does this mean I'll have to go back to Oztroja and Beadaux for my coffers or do you think they'll make then something more sinister?
    4th tier assault reward, and all horridly overpriced?

Hmm, that wouldn't even come close to making sense for corsair... Oh well, I tried my worst at coming up with a conspiracy theory.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe the only thing confirmed for those jobs right now is AF (yes confirmed, and I can show the screenshot that proves it if need be) wait, my proof is a gm .... maybe not

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rehont
    I believe the only thing confirmed for those jobs right now is AF (yes confirmed, and I can show the screenshot that proves it if need be) wait, my proof is a gm .... maybe not
    What? It sounds likes you have something good to contribute but hell if I know what it is...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Likely new zones. Aydeewa Subterrane is the only one that looks like a good coffer key area, but I'm sure they can stick them in Mamook, Halvung, and Arrapago Reef as well.

Are there mobs of the right level for coffer key hunting for mid-50s groups? Currently, all jobs with AF except thf have 2 coffer keys that drop off of mobs in the low 60s and 1 that drops off mobs in the high 60s.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Are there mobs of the right level for coffer key hunting for mid-50s groups? Currently, all jobs with AF except thf have 2 coffer keys that drop off of mobs in the low 60s and 1 that drops off mobs in the high 60s.
    Aydeewa has some. That's why I said it was the only one that looked viable... The three beastmen areas are far too high of level to be suitable. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Likely new zones. Aydeewa Subterrane is the only one that looks like a good coffer key area, but I'm sure they can stick them in Mamook, Halvung, and Arrapago Reef as well.
    I was hoping for that for my THF mostly <.< But a lot of the areas mobs scale up differently than the older zones. Average coffer mob is EP at most to 75, so they'd have to make it like Quicksand where the weak XP mobs [Defoliators] drop them, or have coffers in the entrance easy part of Mamool [like how Coffers don't go past the 1st section of Boyahda]

I can't wait for those quests, I really like the opening to the Blue mage storyline so far.

Since aurik allready brought it up, Edited for more content:

What about Outside coffers like Ru'Aun? the Marsh has easier LV60ish imps and the thickets have Colibri and Marid, I'd HATE to coffer hunt in the Woodlands because of how huge the place is, but it almost does seem more suitable for AF Coffer than the new strongholds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe BLU AF will be in Mamook because they have BLU mobs, PUP AF will be in Halvung since they have PUP mobs, and COR AF will be in Arrapago Reef since they have COR mobs.

And then perhaps another coffer in Aydeewa, etc.

I can't wait to see the lines at Dark Spark, however.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I was hoping for that for my THF mostly <.< But a lot of the areas mobs scale up differently than the older zones. Average coffer mob is EP at most to 75, so they'd have to make it like Quicksand where the weak XP mobs [Defoliators] drop them, or have coffers in the entrance easy part of Mamool [like how Coffers don't go past the 1st section of Boyahda]

I can't wait for those quests, I really like the opening to the Blue mage storyline so far.

Since aurik allready brought it up, Edited for more content:

What about Outside coffers like Ru'Aun? the Marsh has easier LV60ish imps and the thickets have Colibri and Marid, I'd HATE to coffer hunt in the Woodlands because of how huge the place is, but it almost does seem more suitable for AF Coffer than the new strongholds.
    Ru'Aun isn't used for AF though. I do believe every single coffer currently related to AF is in a dungeon, is it not? Closest to being outside is Davoi - and the actual chest for that is in Monastic Cavern.

As of right now, there aren't any job-specific armor items in the data files, for the new jobs. The only job-specific items for them (BLU, COR, PUP) are weapon and ammo slot items.

There are 4-5 sets of armor in the data files that were added in the last patch, which have the images done but no actual stats or levels assigned to them. Presumably, they'll be the AF and other JSE-type armor added in the next patch, for those jobs.

As for where the AF will come from, if they stick to the standard so far it should definitely be dungeon zones for the coffers. Wherever they are will no doubt be swarmed for many weeks after that patch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cuer
    As of right now, there aren't any job-specific armor items in the data files, for the new jobs. The only job-specific items for them (BLU, COR, PUP) are weapon and ammo slot items.

There are 4-5 sets of armor in the data files that were added in the last patch, which have the images done but no actual stats or levels assigned to them. Presumably, they'll be the AF and other JSE-type armor added in the next patch, for those jobs.

As for where the AF will come from, if they stick to the standard so far it should definitely be dungeon zones for the coffers. Wherever they are will no doubt be swarmed for many weeks after that patch.
    This makes me hope that only Apkallu drop the coffer keys in both Mount Zhayolm and Arrapago Reef. Haha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuer

This makes me hope that only Apkallu drop the coffer keys in both Mount Zhayolm and Arrapago Reef. Haha.
    Or maybe they'll add some dungeon Colibri in a nice little group together, waiting for some unsuspecting BLM to -ga III the whole lot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The only thing I feel is a bit odd about BLU, COR and PUP AF coming from Coffers is that there are none in any of the new zones right now. Even though the AF's weren't released for a while for NIN, SAM, DRG and SMN at least the coffers were in place from day one. That said though, I can't really see Square dropping the traditional AF earning procedure just for the sake of the three new jobs but it would certainly be nice. No one likes hunting for coffer keys let alone in the ridiculously overcrowded environments they will inevitably be for the first few weeks.