Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I see a lot of THFs hit 0s even with it dispelled The MNKs and NINs though usually are fine if the RDMs and BRDs (and BLUs in the future zomg) are on the ball. But you can't always depend on that.
    When? In 2005?
    2005 and Dunes/Qufim 06. Unless the THFs have wised up and started subbing WAR more and using attack gear (I havent seen either of these) I doubt its gotten better.[/quote]

/war in dunes and qufim? Wow, you are stupid. More like /mnk and do boost SA combos, this wrecks mobs alot harder than shitty sword thf from 15-25..... How hard is it to comprehend this combo, its great for those 10 lvls.

edit: spelling

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

I see a lot of THFs hit 0s even with it dispelled The MNKs and NINs though usually are fine if the RDMs and BRDs (and BLUs in the future zomg) are on the ball. But you can't always depend on that.
    When? In 2005?
    2005 and Dunes/Qufim 06. Unless the THFs have wised up and started subbing WAR more and using attack gear (I havent seen either of these) I doubt its gotten better.
    If a thf is hitting for 0, then it's got a buff up. THF dont hit for 0 on unbuffed exp mobs, unless they're extremely gimp or using no food. I cant remember the last time I hit for 0 outside the dunes.

I sub ninja too. My /war is 13 (yes I did nin37/war13 wheee)

Crabs are good for pickups, due to the relitive lack of damage they can cause.

Ofc your going to find a better leveling spot with a static, tho with some statics ive had we go over 6-7k a hr 50-60 just fighting crabs, though I know i've gotten near 10k a hr around 70 off procs/darters, but 6-7k is not bad, and definantly worth it since crabs are easy stuff.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

So are cockatrice, because WS spam parties dont invite whm's.
    I must have missed the memo

Masterofshade

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Crabs suck for leveling. There I said it.
    QFT

Pick on the low defense mobs without any retarded buffs. There's your big XP/hr. <3 Raptors, Doom Toads, Cockatrice, Tigers, etc.

Nothing like chain #17 in Kuftal at like lv59sih on Raptors/Goblins.

Fuck Crabs. Well, I guess Crabs are good for Paladin tanks maybe. <.<
    Yes, Tigers are excellent WS Spam XP mobs.

Tiger uses Roar.
    Melee1 is paralyzed.
    Melee2 is paralyzed.
    Melee1 is paralyzed.
    Melee3 is paralyzed.

Cockatrice uses Baleful Gaze.
    Meleex is paralyzed.
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Mage) sorry no whm lol
    That's why you go to Bibiki and make a TP Burn on Gobs.

DUH!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofshade
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Crabs suck for leveling. There I said it.
    QFT

Pick on the low defense mobs without any retarded buffs. There's your big XP/hr. <3 Raptors, Doom Toads, Cockatrice, Tigers, etc.

Nothing like chain #17 in Kuftal at like lv59sih on Raptors/Goblins.

Fuck Crabs. Well, I guess Crabs are good for Paladin tanks maybe. <.<
    Yes, Tigers are excellent WS Spam XP mobs.

Tiger uses Roar.
    Melee1 is paralyzed.
    Melee2 is paralyzed.
    Melee1 is paralyzed.
    Melee3 is paralyzed.

Cockatrice uses Baleful Gaze.
    Meleex is paralyzed.
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Meleex) Stona!
    (Mage) sorry no whm lol
    That's why you go to Bibiki and bump into the rest of the server, the continent of africa, and your grandmother's first true love.

DUH!
    fixed, because i've never seen an empty bibiki, unless it's after my BST came in and ruined the exp for everyone around me.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I read these forums everyday, i guess i just missed that thread. I'll try that camp out today Taku I suppose many of the old Merit spots are empty, but the lower lvl camps certainly are not.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Derzoll,

Here's a compilation of all the camps I've tried and been to, along with a few personal comments and observations. These are all merit camps; haven't tried any of the lower-level ones, sorry.

Camps in Mamook
    Where we ended up going last night given the swarm of people infesting the Puks/Mamools camp in Bhaflau Thickets. On 1st map, go to ( J-12 ), and you'll zone in to the 3rd map (refer to Mamook map on FFXI Atlas). Here on the 3rd map, the following places are great camps:
    • Circle around the two tunnels in ( J-9 ) chaining VT & low IT Mamool Jas.[/*:m:328c1]
    • Circle around the big room in ( I-8 ) killing Mamools, Wyverns, Puks, and crabs.[/*:m:328c1]
    • Didn't go this far in, but I'm sure you can circle around and kill stuff around the big room in ( G-8 ) too.[/*:m:328c1]

Camps in Caedarva Mire
    • Moving back & forth between ( J-7 ) and ( J-8 ). Mobs are Imps and flies. Having a stunner for AoE Silence move & Cursed Sphere helps a lot. I.e. DRK is actually desirable here.[/*:m:328c1]
    • Ride to the Dvucca Isle staging point, go outside the gate, and you'll reach an area with VT Gutrubs and Lamias. This camp is annoying because of the mobs, but not congested compared to the others, and attainable exp rate is still 10k+/hr.[/*:m:328c1]

Regarding this last camp, noteworthy stuff is Lamias almost always have Ice Spikes up, as well as the mage Gutrubs. Gutrubs have a lot of HP, but take higher damage than normal from both spells and melee attacks (Rampage in the range of 1,500 - 2,500 damage).

If parties can stay far apart enough from each other, I think it's safe to say that for all merit camp areas outside Staging points, three parties max. could exp. there comfortably.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I found a new exp spot @ 63/4/5'ish, @ Mount Zhaylom.

South beach, there's a spot full of red crawlers, you can camp in the tunnel in the empty area where no mobs go in. These crawlers are simple, the only problem you'll run into is the fire breath, it can be very frigging deadly, 700 damage to other mobs, did about that onto a monk. Keep shell and barfira up while exp'ing on these.

2005 and Dunes/Qufim 06. Unless the THFs have wised up and started subbing WAR more and using attack gear (I havent seen either of these) I doubt its gotten better.
    What does /war have to do with anything in Dunes/Qufim? Besides Provoke /war offers nothing until level 30, while other subs offer something tangible earlier than that.

Let it be known:

BRD+WHM are the best SJs before lv20 that anyone can use.

When soloing my mage jobs up to level 10 I used to like to sub MNK and punch stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

South beach, there's a spot full of red crawlers, you can camp in the tunnel in the empty area where no mobs go in. These crawlers are simple, the only problem you'll run into is the fire breath, it can be very frigging deadly, 700 damage to other mobs, did about that onto a monk. Keep shell and barfira up while exp'ing on these.
    Eruca fire breath hits other mobs?

Normally, I'd feel retarded for asking something like that, but ever since Assault fucked with the game physics, I can't be too sure anymore.

Hint: Lord Wafik's a beastmaster.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Crabs are easy prey so long as you have a decent backline that knows how to debuff & dispel.
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3206

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

There's also a spot with these crawlers near the entrance to Halvung in Bhaflau Thickets, and seem to be the same level; don't remember how many of them were there but I was in a shitty pt exping off them (63-65) and we never ran out (fire breath one-shotted our taru whm who was standing behind the tank >_>). Average unchained xp was about 150.

melee, please leave ebony puddings alone. Let the blms chain them.

I know, the thought of blms getting chains of 20+ grinds your gears, and you'll complain about it to SE to nerf it while you get chain 400, but seriously, just leave them alone. Otherwise, I will screw up your chain to pay you back.

Yours Truly,
    <insert Blm on your server's name>

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    melee, please leave ebony puddings alone. Let the blms chain them.

I know, the thought of blms getting chains of 20+ grinds your gears, and you'll complain about it to SE to nerf it while you get chain 400, but seriously, just leave them alone. Otherwise, I will screw up your chain to pay you back.

Yours Truly,
    <insert Blm on your server's name>
    Holy shit blms are killing things!

/cue sand in pussy