Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ninja gear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Eh, there isn't much harder than Aspidechlone or Nidhogg that you can tank effectively with katanas. NIN/DRK will use katanas during only Souleater on to gain hate, but I don't see that combo used much outside of Tiamat and Jormungand.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do you have any links to threads proving the crit rate only applies for that hand? I've been main handing Yoshimitsu and from time to time switch Yoshi/Senj around and the crit per hand always seems about the same..

Not saying its false, I would just like to see something that proves it so I will know for sure..

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    Do you have any links to threads proving the crit rate only applies for that hand? I've been main handing Yoshimitsu and from time to time switch Yoshi/Senj around and the crit per hand always seems about the same..

Not saying its false, I would just like to see something that proves it so I will know for sure..
    one sec...digging. It was a KI post where someone wrote a custom parser in python and subbed a mage job to be able to tell. The results were very night/day.

Edit: Found it, but only because I remembered what language he wrote it in. Did a search for python on the ninja boards lol.

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=p ... 19#2055806

tada

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisele
    As I own all of the above mentioned katanas and have used both sets a considerable amount, to start, the speed difference on U/U compaired to S/F is consderable--numerous additional attacks during a quick burn-style pt with U/U each of which providing an additional chance to double attack. While U/U's rate of achieving 100% tp is not quite as superior to S/F as it was pre-patch, it is still noticeably more rapid none the less and in my strong opinion still has a slight edge in overall damage.
    -Gisele
    What part of IT NOT BEING SUPERIOR IN ANYWAY don't you get? In fact, short of multi-hit weapons, 2handed weapons now gain TP quicker then dual-wielding. (as long as you wear equal and appropriate haste gear.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gisele
    Not on it's own, no, but the sheer fun-factor is still more than worth it if you can afford it.
    I digress though, the simple fact that its fun must mean its a superior setup.
    Locke, stop being an asshole. That's my job.

Gisele

Locke, if you'd bothered to read my post thoroughly I explained that the post-patch tp advantage U/U still has over S/F (albeit slight as I already made clear) is that U/U is swinging more times in a given time period as S/F giving it additional chances to proc. the double attack effect hence additional tp each time it happens. Once again I explained that the benefit is very slight and the larger motivation for someone to still purchase a U/U pair is it's vastly superior fun-factor. I am pretty sure my English is crystal clear but I'll try harder next time.

What part of RELAX A LITTLE BIT don't you get?

-Gisele

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Honestly I think the TP floor change was more of a DW nerf than a 'tp nerf'. As a thf/nin using Suppa I cannot go below 4.5tp per hit. Only nin's can do this, not thf's. With Sirocco/Hornetneedle, 300 delay -20% from DW2+Suppa = 240 delay was still 4.5tp a hit for me.

I think this hurts the gear that has "Enhances Dual Wield" but delay can still be a factor. The TP floor is also lower, but it exists. I think it basically makes nin af1 body near pointless, but oh well.

I get 9tp/round with Sirocco/Hornetneedle and Blau/Sirocco, which has a delay different of 20-25.

How much TP you get from 10 hits is a better gauge than how much TP you gain per round. "9% in a round" could be anywhere from 9.0->9.8%.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Aside from the Katanas:

Swift Belt instead of Warwolf
    Fuma Sune-Ate instead of Pahluhan (sp?)
    Tekko+1 if you can get it, if not Ochi

About the katana deal, I wouldn't use U+U in a haste setup personally because I feel the delay difference is pretty minuscule and you get a lot of extra damage using S/F.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    How much TP you get from 10 hits is a better gauge than how much TP you gain per round. "9% in a round" could be anywhere from 9.0->9.8%.
    Yes but nin's are saying they can get 4.1-4.2 tp per hit. With the fastest daggers possible I was going 9-18-27-36-45-54-63-72, etc. Which makes it seem like the TP floor is different depending on how many DW traits you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Yes but nin's are saying they can get 4.1-4.2 tp per hit. With the fastest daggers possible I was going 9-18-27-36-45-54-63-72, etc. Which makes it seem like the TP floor is different depending on how many DW traits you have.
    The minimum that Lucy reported was 100 delay per-hand being 4.3 tp. So those ninjas are most likely exaggerating.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Look up all the data from the Dual Nerf'd thread. Thats exactly what happened. The higher Dual Wield trait you have + the delay of your weapons is the factor for TP. As THF the highest dual wield enchancements that you can get is Dual Wield III. As NIN you can break Dual Weild VI. All the data is in that thread. As a THF with Dual Wield III the lowest you can get is about 4.5 TP per hit. As NIN with Dual Wield V I was getting around 4.2~4.4 (I think) TP per hit with Fudo/Senji , this patch raped Unji/Unsho NINs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    this patch raped Unji/Unsho NINs.
    i still use um, more swings more crits & double attacks, tp isnt the only factor

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ant
    i still use um, more swings more crits & double attacks, tp isnt the only factor
    Yeah they get maybe 5~7 hits more than me per mob but guess what. They hit 30~50 maybe 90~100 tops with crits, I hit for over 50~80 per hand and 120 crits (Deco Weapons). Given the same amount of haste and and gear setups Fudo/Senji will come out on top. Keep in mind you are losing 9% Crit rate and over 8 Base Damage per hand. One or two double attacks per fight will not make up for that.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Wear this to get TP

input /equip waist "Speed belt";
    input /equip ring1 "Sniper's ring +1";
    input /equip ring2 "Sniper's ring +1";
    input /equip head "Walahra Turban";
    input /equip feet "Dusk Ledelsens +1";
    input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Suppanomimi";
    input /equip ammo "Bomb Core";
    input /equip body "Ninja Chainmail +1";
    input /equip legs "Byakko's haidate";
    input /equip back "Forager's mantle";
    input /equip neck "Hope Torque";
    input /equip hands "Dusk Gloves +1";

Wear this on Blade: Jin:

input /equip waist "Warwolf Belt";
    input /equip ring1 "Flame Ring";
    input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip head "Shura Zunari Kabuto";
    input /equip feet "Rutter Sabatons";
    input /equip ear2 "Triumph Earring";
    input /equip body "Kirin's Osode";
    input /equip neck "Breeze Gorget";
    input /equip hands "Alkyoneus's Brc.";

Add in a Shura head +1, Cerberus Mantle +1, Ninurta's Sash, and a Mars ring and I don't think you can get much better than that unless you want to debate Alky vs NIN AF+1 for WS
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a second Triumph Earring be better for the Jin gear instead of Brutal Earring? ;x

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by DeusNoctis
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Wear this to get TP

input /equip waist "Speed belt";
    input /equip ring1 "Sniper's ring +1";
    input /equip ring2 "Sniper's ring +1";
    input /equip head "Walahra Turban";
    input /equip feet "Dusk Ledelsens +1";
    input /equip ear2 "Suppanomimi";
    input /equip body "Ninja Chainmail +1";
    input /equip neck "Hope Torque";
    input /equip hands "Dusk Gloves +1";

Wear this on Blade: Jin:

input /equip waist "Warwolf Belt";
    input /equip ring1 "Flame Ring";
    input /equip ring2 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip head "Shura Zunari Kabuto";
    input /equip feet "Rutter Sabatons";
    input /equip ear2 "Triumph Earring";
    input /equip body "Kirin's Osode";
    input /equip neck "Breeze Gorget";
    input /equip hands "Alkyoneus's Brc.";

Add in a Shura head +1, Cerberus Mantle +1, Ninurta's Sash, and a Mars ring and I don't think you can get much better than that unless you want to debate Alky vs NIN AF+1 for WS
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a second Triumph Earring be better for the Jin gear instead of Brutal Earring? ;x
    Nope. A 2nd triumph is going to add pretty minimal damage to your Jins, whereas the Brutal is giving you an increased chance to Double Attack, and the best Jins are those that come from Double Attacks (duh).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor

Nope. A 2nd triumph is going to add pretty minimal damage to your Jins, whereas the Brutal is giving you an increased chance to Double Attack, and the best Jins are those that come from Double Attacks (duh).
    I see. >o>

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Yeah they get maybe 5~7 hits more than me per mob but guess what. They hit 30~50 maybe 90~100 tops with crits, I hit for over 50~80 per hand and 120 crits (Deco Weapons). Given the same amount of haste and and gear setups Fudo/Senji will come out on top. Keep in mind you are losing 9% Crit rate and over 8 Base Damage per hand. One or two double attacks per fight will not make up for that.
    y hello thar numbers out of your ass.

Reminds me of one ninja that said his Blade:jins AVERAGED 700-1300. How does an average have a range of 600 damage? lol

Hey it's on Wikipedia, it has to be true. /cue Ryko

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    y hello thar numbers out of your ass.

Reminds me of one ninja that said his Blade:jins AVERAGED 700-1300. How does an average have a range of 600 damage? lol
    Defiently not numbers out of my ass but thats fine if you believe that. This is also with different gear setups, given same DD or Haste/DW and merits setup Fudo/Senji will still parser higher.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i dont feel a thing
    still using unji/unsho

with hast+ march+21haste from gear+ suppa+af1body

you swing non-stop, you cant feel that one more round at all, its just 1or 2 more sec, not to mention, you only start with 0tp once in a merit pt.

sometimes you might end up wasting 1 attack round because of lag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast