FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Any estimate on their level?

Like most RDM...my shield skill has fallen behind. Considering how much these guys hit....I smell shield skill up time!
    I'm pretty close to cap on my shield and I got skill ups on some of them. (I just can't remember where.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

Like most RDM...my shield skill has fallen behind. Considering how much these guys hit....I smell shield skill up time!
    I'm pretty close to cap on my shield and I got skill ups on some of them. (I just can't remember where.)
    Yeah I thought about that too for guard but my guard is too high for these (I need DC+ to get skillups i guess). The ones in aydeewa are EP and they give me 40-55 xp at 75, although we won besieged 8 times so there's some dmsll xp bonus there, but you should be able to figure out their level based on that.

Also Map, that's who's always turning any/every topic into a meat vs sushi thread! Probably getting money for stirring the pot from special interest groups like the sushi cartel or the american meat consortium!!! J/K :wink:

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is almost as bad as the Everybody vs Max DRK epidemic of a few weeks ago.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if WS's 1 shot, do physical blood pacts? (Poison Nails, Axe Kick, Rush, etc)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD
    if WS's 1 shot, do physical blood pacts? (Poison Nails, Axe Kick, Rush, etc)
    I've one-shotted them before with physical blood pacts (Predator Claws, Spinning Dive, Chaotic Strike, etc).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I made a post on KI about them, i'll copy it over here. I've been whoring them out for shield skillups recently.

Lordwafik :
    Hello all, I know a lot of people get raped @ Caedvera Mire from the chigoes, they even ate my BST a few days ago when they ambushed me by surprise, but after noticing how fast they hit, and the fact they have absolutely NO TP moves whatsoever, I thought to myself how perfect they'd be for shield skillups.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4026/chigview6vp.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/355/chatlog5ea.jpg

I was right

Phalanx + Stoneskin + Protect4 @ lvl75 = a very long lasting stoneskin, unless the chigoe uses 3-5 crit hits in a short period of time of course.
    One thing I noticed is they have double aswell as triple attack, and once it hit me 8 times in one attack round, which makes me think what if they just have the ability to hit 1-8 times.

Chigoes have en-virus, but not en-plague, so dont worry about your MP. Caedvera's wild chigoes are 1 shotted by critical hits, so you have to remove your sword/dagger for them so you can have h2h skill. I used WHM sub just incase things turned nasty, and didnt enfeeble the chigoe at all, I just wanted it to keep attacking me, however I probably should have used bio to keep it's attack down.
    Occasionally, even with 0 h2h skill, i'd crit hit and 1 shot the chigoe, which meant i'd have to go look for another one, but hey , all you have to do is look for the trail of dead bodies

One thing to watch out for is kind people who might heal you, alot of people didnt realize i was skilling my shield, they thought i was getting murdered because I didnt heal myself after stoneskin broke, but all that happened was that person started getting raped by my chigoe.

Keep Aquaveil up at all times, even if you think it's unnessesary. I dont know what level the shield skills cap out here, but @ 137-9 i've been doing ok, I ate a squid sushi for +AGI , I shoulda used my rdm af1 boots, but all my AF1 is in storage.

Exploit away! If you know of any higher levelled chigoes, feel free to share

Later on people were discussing wether or not we'd get good parry skillups if we did equipped a staff and did rdm/job-with-no-staff-skill. I haven't gone back to try, been busy whoring golden pennies, but willing to try it once the gold rush is over

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Later on people were discussing wether or not we'd get good parry skillups if we did equipped a staff and did rdm/job-with-no-staff-skill. I haven't gone back to try, been busy whoring golden pennies, but willing to try it once the gold rush is over
    The goldrush on unicorn TANKED the goldcoins. From 500k to 800k (for around 5 minutes) to 300k.

And I needed money too

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I think I might go try out RDM/nostaffsj with a Lv1 Staff for Parry later (*'-')

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't seem to get any guard skillups @ 230ish guard on these, although guard skillups happen so rarely it's hard to tell... but anyways i tried a lot and didn't get any, so I think they will stop giving you skillup somewhere between 139 and 230.

Lordwakif you could also try subbing blue mage for cocoon to make stoneskin and phalanx even more effective/longer-lasting, cocoon will increase your DEF by an extra 50% even if your blue was just lvl 8.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    I don't seem to get any guard skillups @ 230ish guard on these, although guard skillups happen so rarely it's hard to tell...
    That is inhuman.