Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Fleas, another strange mob class?

These guys are not really hard to spot or avoid, except when they pop from mobs of course, but while i was seeking them out and killig them out of boredom (waiting on weather for a quest), I noticed something pretty strange and annoying.
    In case ppl don't know what mob I am talking about, here is a picture of a flea/chigoe as closeup as possible (they are small and non-targetable until they attack, but they are easy to spot if you pay attention, especially when they jump around wildly):
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...FFXI/1flea.jpg

They tend to kill lots of mages usually since they have a ton of attacks per turn and interrupt them a lot, but have really low hp so they are a joke for melee like mnk.

Now, the strange thing is that they all con EP or DC to me, yet especially if i fight a group, some just 'fall to the ground', yet i don't have any sort of DoT spell or anything on them, and when they do, despite me having JUST checked them as EP, they give items but no xp at all...
    I tested it over and over and it always happens the same way, sorta if i don't kill fast enough (e.g. i am killing other ones), they just basically die on me before i can finish, even in mid-fight, and i can't get xp that way...
    Here are some pics of what i mean. Notice the check message, the first one giving xp, and the 2nd one just falling to the ground with no xp but items even if i had JUST checked it.
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...FXI/2fleas.jpg
    also this:
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...FXI/4fleas.jpg

Anybody else has had similar experiences with them?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Critical hit = falls to ground, saw this myself
    WS seems to too from your screenshots

Your thread fails, this has been discussed several times, there are threads on this, and it was mentioned that a crit hit will just kill them, or as Wafik said if you "squash them" they just fall and give you loot. So I guess I am saying nicely:

Search Button is your friend

I didn't spend too much time at it, but it seems crits make them fall to the ground. I was out on THF/WHM and got aggroed by one for not paying attention, first dagger hit took like 10%, 2nd hit was crit for like twice the damage (so it should have had 70% left) but it fell to the ground. The same thing happened a few more times so seems crits kill them instantly, or at least have a chance to.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I always thought you were elvaan for some reason .

Anyway here's what i've noticed,

@ Caedvera, Critical hits will 1 shot them.

@ Spawned chigoes from sheep/marid/ram/eri.. , Weaponskills 1 shot them (I like using AOE WS on the main, therefore gilsellers cant CHARM my unclaimed sheep).

Sneak Attack doesnt count as a critical 1 shotting hit. It'll just count as damage. However I did notice something weird with thieves, in caedvera, my thief friend critted one quite a few times and it didnt die, perhaps there's stuff we dont know about on Chigoes.

To avoid them I needed both sneak and invisible.

I got aggro from one as BRD, poked at it with Joyeuse and after I did Fast Blade (the thing still had 60% life left) it fell to the ground. So I'm pretty sure WS makes them fall to the ground as well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Your thread fails, this has been discussed several times, there are threads on this, and it was mentioned that a crit hit will just kill them, or as Wafik said if you "squash them" they just fall and give you loot. So I guess I am saying nicely:

Search Button is your friend
    Hm you might want to work on your "saying nicely"..

There's no actual thread about this, the fact that someone might have mentioned it on some other totally unrelated or obscure thread doesn't mean much. The search function in this forum in particular is not quite as useful since it only lists threads that contain your search word, but doesn't say where in the 40+ pages of some thread it is mentioned. It's good that you read all pages of such thread and remember that particular detail, but other ppl that might be interested in this will have a easier time finding it in a thread with the appropriate title.

The critical hits and wss are interesting ideas, looking back i did notice they seem to die that way right after a critical hit, although i have a screenshot of a critical hit followed by a ws that yielded xp (so you might have a second or so where you can still kill and get xp).
    Also my spinning attack didn't do enough to kill the other ones and they just fell without giving me xp, but using something stronger like asuran will one-shot them and i get xp.

These are the ones in aydeewa. I also noticed sneak+invis seems enough, but in some cases I put deodorize too, and another person who had just sneak invis got agro right after i passed over them in caedvera, but they might have just had their sneak run out or something, i would need to test it to make sure.

Anyways, thanks for the answer about critical hits lordwafik Nagamaki Faranim etc.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

sorry if i wasnt more clear about my post

when I said "@ Caedvera, 1 shotted from crit" meant, even if you WS it, it wont die instantly, just from criticals. I critted many mob-spawned chigoes, the only thing that 1 shotted was WS. Each area they spawn from have a different 1 shot condition.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was under the impression they aggroed to smell..but whateva

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I always thought you were elvaan for some reason.
    His sig? >.>;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

smell is definitely not enough, deodorize alone won't save you. you can try casting all 3, then going right over one, and removing 1 buff at a time.

It's possible they have slightly different agro conditions just like lordwafik said for instant-kill/fall conditions.
    For the ones i was near in aydeewa sneak+invis is enough, anything less and you agro.

I'm hume btw

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe different races need different deo/sneak/invis so they dont agro?

I'm pretty sure they're both sneak and invis.

I've danced in circles around them and never gotten aggro from one yet, and I've yet to worry about deodorize.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Fairly certain it's Sneak+Invis
    And after farming 700 billion Karakul it looks like they instantly die from WS (duh) and have a high chance of dying from a critical hit alone-- however like Wafik said, SA doesnt seem to kill it though D:

In Aydeewa I would get aggro through sneak and invis, deodorize seemed to stop that though.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I haven't had any aggro through sneak and invis.

/poke Moosey

What about the possibility that they aggro to different types in different areas? I'll admit I haven't done much exploring of the new zones (too busy working on my subs then BLU), but I remember hearing differening responses to different people over my LS.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

So, which do you guys think is better for killing chigoes, meat or sushi?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Sushi because 5 out of 10 mammalian carnivores are ridden with fleas. They obviously can't hit them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Any estimate on their level?

Like most RDM...my shield skill has fallen behind. Considering how much these guys hit....I smell shield skill up time!