Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1480
  1. #41
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    348
    BG Level
    4

    did they just badly nerf the drop ate on angel skins, or is there some secret to fishing up manta's now?

  2. #42
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    152
    BG Level
    3

    Not really alot of high price items lost in alchemy synths. The best ones I have had would be the Haku eye clusters which when they break, you lose -everything- every time. Over the past few years, gone something like 92/100 on this synth which is actually pretty bad considering my level.

    The only time that really jumps in my head though was that 2 of those 8 breaks was the exact same person's cluster. He actually came back to me for a third synth later though!

  3. #43
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Sorry no pics.

    >> Cursed Togi Bust: Lost 2 x Divine Lumber, Ancient Lumber, and a Tiger Leather.

    and my all time worse (at least to me)

    >> Lu Shangs Bust: Synthed while Ferry docked. Lost Lu's and crystal.

  4. #44
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,639
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Glucian
    >> Lu Shangs Bust: Synthed while Ferry docked. Lost Lu's and crystal.
    Losing lu shang is probably one of the worst busts in the game.

  5. #45

  6. #46
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Yo Maahnt ;p !

    As for me...

  7. #47
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    74
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ita
    Yo Maahnt ;p !

    As for me...
    still a long way to catch you :D

  8. #48
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwechi
    Just this passed week I went 0/11 on SH+1 with three breaks.

    Tier 2 my ass.
    Hey, judging from your sig you have lv 100 bonecrafting?
    With lv 100 bonecraft you are not going to have tier 2 synth for SH.
    You need to have 99 bone and 61 leather.

  9. #49
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    534
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx

  10. #50
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx
    "kthx" is gay and therefore i had to respond

    don't you need actual 61 leather for this to work?

  11. #51
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    you must be 99 and 61 BASE. If people say otherwise they are either retarded or dont know math or uneducated. Being uneducated is fine.
    But, I'm not going to explain or repeat myself to people with these kinds of replies:

    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx

  12. #52
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,958
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx
    "kthx" is gay and therefore i had to respond

    don't you need actual 61 leather for this to work?
    61 is 61 is 61, doesnt matter how u to the number required, as long as you get there. Thats in my expereince, including subcraft synths.

  13. #53
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx
    "kthx" is gay and therefore i had to respond

    don't you need actual 61 leather for this to work?
    61 is 61 is 61, doesnt matter how u to the number required, as long as you get there. Thats in my expereince, including subcraft synths.
    need 61+everything else available to you, therefore you need actual 61 skill

  14. #54

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx
    "kthx" is gay and therefore i had to respond

    don't you need actual 61 leather for this to work?
    61 is 61 is 61, doesnt matter how u to the number required, as long as you get there. Thats in my expereince, including subcraft synths.
    need 61+everything else available to you, therefore you need actual 61 skill
    Cap is 33. 60+1+adv.support works. 15/40ish on hq harnesses with 64 leather.

    Whoever says you need to stop at 99 is misinformed.

  15. #55
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    That was my char he did it on (when I was convinced I would never come back)! I demand a refund.

    I've successfully desynthed a behemoth mantle into wool thread. That's about the same as a loss.

  16. #56
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    677
    BG Level
    5

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...3/Cashmere.jpg

    would have felt so bad if threads were lost....

  17. #57
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    69
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    yeah but you can also have the Leathercraft Gloves which makes you have 61 Leather kthx
    "kthx" is gay and therefore i had to respond

    don't you need actual 61 leather for this to work?
    61 is 61 is 61, doesnt matter how u to the number required, as long as you get there. Thats in my expereince, including subcraft synths.
    need 61+everything else available to you, therefore you need actual 61 skill
    Cap is 33. 60+1+adv.support works. 15/40ish on hq harnesses with 64 leather.

    Whoever says you need to stop at 99 is misinformed.
    That was just a bad stretch, as Aurik said 60+1+3 is fine.

    Unless of course we're trying to trick you and you end up lvling bone to 100. In which case you'd lose the Tier2 rate and we could hog the market.

  18. #58
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    I'm about 23ish/90-95 on SH+1, with 60+gloves+support for leather, and 100 Bonecraft. Gonna tell me that's all luck? (But then again, I did go 1/5 on Unicorn Leggings HQ, har har har.)

  19. #59
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    I despise crafting so can't really add any breaks to this thread but it's quite an entertaining read so keep 'em coming!

  20. #60

    God dammit tekki...you know I never SS my fails before.... now your making me go out and fail synths to capture..

    No SS but have lose damascus ingots, haubergeons, some other shit I can't remember

Similar Threads

  1. Amazing items NOT crafted lately!
    By Jackyl in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 2008-09-25, 03:58
  2. Amazing Items Crafted Even More Recently!
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 1483
    Last Post: 2008-04-10, 14:04
  3. Amazing Items Crafted Recently
    By noremorse in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 2725
    Last Post: 2007-10-07, 15:00
  4. First "Big" item Crafted?
    By LewisTaruSamuwai in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2006-10-18, 22:32
  5. crafted items and AF
    By Laution in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-07-28, 16:16
  6. New Key Items for crafts
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Crafting Central
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2006-02-23, 09:47