+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luen
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu
    Quote Originally Posted by wop
    Yesterday's Full moon, Lightning day, SW direction with Terra Staff does absolutely nothing
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...p/subbreak.jpg
    /cry -
    Try lightning staff? Also I have like 140 lightning element in my moghouse which of course gives off Moghancement: Desynthesis. I'm 3/6 NQ, 1/6 HQ, 2/6 break. Might just be a bit luckier than most, but I think it has a lot to do with stacking mog house with lightning shit.
    No, not fucking lightning staff, that has nothing to do with shit. SE did not design crafting with player levels god fucking dammit. Mog house is somewhat believeable, but thunder staff is level 51, all crafting gear is level 1 for a reason. Being on a job below 51 will never ever give you any crafting disadvantage, so please for the sake of my fucking sanity stop recommending this shit
    Hi there Hocho. Not saying the staves do help, but you're assumption based on MOST crafting gear beinglevel 1 shows nothing.
    Do you not see how rediculous that is to even apply to this?

HEY EVERYONE, CRAFT WHILE ON RDM, YOULL GET BETTER WW HQS

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

*snip*
    But you forget one minor detail. This is SE. Would you put it past them to make you level your crafting mule for that added 1% HQ chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    *snip*
    But you forget one minor detail. This is SE. Would you put it past them to make you level your crafting mule for that added 1% HQ chance?
    I heard Maat Cap gives you a 2% HQ chance.

grrrrr... i didn't have any major breaks, but after making mahatma and prism capes for profit for the last few months... i'm on a streak of 0/93 slops.

its freaking tier one wtf is going on

is anyone else having wierd issues since the update with T1 synths? Did SE decide to tweek crafting like they did with fatigue on choco digging? The more you synth the less you HQ?

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've been getting really strange HQ rates on Goldsmithing rocks. I should be HQing more than I am now but I'm not.

The only thing i've noticed which might be purely coincidental, at least on tier2 synths, is getting one or two hq's right off the bat, then going ofer, my brother has been getting similar results on elemental staves.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    The only thing i've noticed which might be purely coincidental, at least on tier2 synths, is getting one or two hq's right off the bat, then going ofer, my brother has been getting similar results on elemental staves.
    Is this natural tier 2 or GP + support tier 2?

it's with items + support tier2, as in my case a lvl 55 synth and i'm wearing items, or a 57 and i'm at 89 with support and items, or my brothers case on staves he's 106 on the 75 synth.

Just did it again right now, 1/1 loyalty ring, 0/8 wisdom ring

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

it's with items + support tier2, as in my case a lvl 55 synth and i'm wearing items, or a 57 and i'm at 89 with support and items, or my brothers case on staves he's 106 on the 75 synth.

Yah.. i've got a feeling that support + items doesn't really help you break HQ tiers. No real tests so far since I can't control the factors well enough.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yah.. i've got a feeling that support + items doesn't really help you break HQ tiers. No real tests so far since I can't control the factors well enough.
    My prism cape and elite beret +1 collection say otherwise, i promise it does.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

I'll grant you that Raineer. What I want to prove (but haven't been able to find a good test and or someone to help me test it) is to find a recipe where I can tier 3 easily with support and compare that HQ rate to someone who is tier 3 without support. My feeling (no proof at the moment) is that support does increase your HQ chance but not as much as a natural skill of that level.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

I'll grant you that Raineer. What I want to prove (but haven't been able to find a good test and or someone to help me test it) is to find a recipe where I can tier 3 easily with support and compare that HQ rate to someone who is tier 3 without support. My feeling (no proof at the moment) is that support does increase your HQ chance but not as much as a natural skill of that level.
    Hmm, i gotcha....idk I mean my HQ rate on tier3's with or without support is 50% over time and doesn't change but yeah I can't say I can do it on the same recipe to know for sure. I've made enough Black Cape +1's (requires support) to know they are 50%, and recipes under that which I use no support for show the same rate :/

Yeah it's a pretty exact setup you'd need to get there, and alot of synths too.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hopefully this better clarifies the test I want to do.

The test animal I want to use is the Gigant squid > Black ink recipe.

I can use my primary toon who is 60+1 which breaks tier 3.
    I now need to find a lvl 61 natural alchemist and try it.

Or I can try doing corn starch.

Just need to find a 59+1 cook.

I want to compare these HQ rates

does it have to be the same recipe, just use the same tier.

I.E. right now i can do something lvl 54 w/o support or items, and i can do something from 55-56 with items, and something from 57-58 with items and support.

So i could do lvl 36 rings with just items, and get my results, which is 31 over with skill and items,

Then i could try melody earrings with items and support, still 31 over, and get those results. My guess is that they will be roughly the same but i don't know.

Yesterday i went 2/9 on melody earrings
    today i went total of about 3/12 on lvl 36 rings

it most certainly does last time i crafted mythril gemmed rings and was like 6/9 puisance rings 6/10 wisdom 2/4 deft 6/12 solace 2/2 verve

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im supremely confident that SE can either A: control HQ rates in this game. Or they have implemented a HQ cap. Im like 4-5/100+ on tier 11s now. Every day becomes more and more frustrating for my crafting sessions

Hmm, for me it is still extremely random and mostly down to luck. Two days ago I went 3/20 or so on Prism capes (tier 1), and made 7 tier 2s in a row (an Umbra cape and lots of little pocket cash items). However, yesterday I went 0/26 on Prism capes (lol, terrible game, seriously), which was rather more than frustrating.

As for the HQ cap, I really still think it’s all down to luck. You have to remember, a 1/12 chance is still a pretty slim chance, when factoring in the chance for NQ, minor break, major break etc etc. I have rambled too much, but I really believe it’s all down to luck and soon you’ll get a lucky streak, and thus statistics being the bitch they are will crush that luck the next time you go to craft.

From this I can conclude that crafting sucks. Happy crafting, everyone!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kihre
    grrrrr... i didn't have any major breaks, but after making mahatma and prism capes for profit for the last few months... i'm on a streak of 0/93 slops.

its freaking tier one wtf is going on

is anyone else having wierd issues since the update with T1 synths? Did SE decide to tweek crafting like they did with fatigue on choco digging? The more you synth the less you HQ?

After update I when 0/46 on Haubergeon+1 Im 100+3 with Cloth 60+1 for that synths. Also when im at 0/29 on Hauberk+1. On Saturday I ended it my loosing streak on Haubergeon+1 with 1 HQ. Now im 4/5 on HQs since Saturday.For Hauberk+1 I havent HQ any after update

Robbb

After last update my HQ rate has seem to be better... 1/1 Wise Pigaches+1, 1/1 Conte Cosicales, and 1/2 on Wise Gloves +1... but then SE decided to be really nice to me with... Synthesis Failed! You lost a behemoth hide. Oh well at least I've been able to HQ something.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1/2 on Wise Gloves +1
    You just made some shitty RDM really happy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast