Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading fish to Apkallu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Veydal Wrasse does work, I've used it on King Apkallu and the ones by the escape point into the mountain. It doesn't work all the time though and I've noticed I've only been able to trade that fish during Windsday so not sure if the day has an effect on what kind of fish they will eat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I think its possible that each apkallu has individual preference. I tried Ahtapot on one apkallu and got nothing, but another gobbled it up and followed me around while I was soloing wamouras.

do they do anything for you while you are fighting other mobs? would be kinda neat if they helped you out a little. or is it just like a hpemde and follows you around?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'll see your

And raise you my sig '-'

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Immortaldonut
    do they do anything for you while you are fighting other mobs? would be kinda neat if they helped you out a little. or is it just like a hpemde and follows you around?
    They didn't do anything when I nuked stuff, I wasn't exactly going to go melee DC bombs/VT wamouras on my BLM. He did change to yellow (attackable) after about 2 hours of dicking around up there, but continued to follow.

I'm interested what the strange seeds are for, they seem to be related to apkallus. You touch them and they explode and cover you with a strange scent of either dead fish or flowers. I've only seen them once so theres some sort of condition for the 2 spawn points to appear. Only one of them can be up at once as far as I know. I'll post a pic of it in a sec, the 2 I saw were right by the escape point from halvung.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Better question is if you had several following you around... would they attack people with high hate and MPk people? O_O ... (and then come back to you and following you around)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Better question is if you had several following you around... would they attack people with high hate and MPk people? O_O ... (and then come back to you and following you around)
    That'd be pretty cool.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

GM Call from random kid: "OMFG! This n00b just MPK'd me with penguins!! He had 51662364 following him and MADE them attack me! Ban him!!"

[GM] >> Ahahahahahhaha
    Kid >> WTF?! Ban that hacker!!1!!1!1!eleven!!!!11!
    [GM] >> *cries laughing*
    Kid >> WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! STUPID GM!!!
    [GM] bans Kid for harrassing a GM.

I can't wait :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sudai
    GM Call from random kid: "OMFG! This n00b just MPK'd me with penguins!! He had 51662364 following him and MADE them attack me! Ban him!!"

[GM] >> Ahahahahahhaha
    Kid >> WTF?! Ban that hacker!!1!!1!1!eleven!!!!11!
    [GM] >> *cries laughing*
    Kid >> WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! STUPID GM!!!
    [GM] bans Kid for harrassing a GM.

I can't wait :D
    GM's only ban if you piss off JP players.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I just returned to mount zhayolm for the first time since last night, and my apkallu remembers me!! <3 He came running right up to me as I zoned in and is following me around again. Hes still yellow-named.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    I just returned to mount zhayolm for the first time since last night, and my apkallu remembers me!! <3 He came running right up to me as I zoned in and is following me around again. Hes still yellow-named.
    lmfao that is awesome

so not only is there penguin hate... there is penguin love!

edit: just thought about how i phrased that... but i think penguin love is evident in the signatures and avatars that have popped up on the forums

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That's by far the greatest thing ever programmed in this game.

Old Merits
    BG Level

[GM]Dave >> Ahahahahahhaha
    Player >> WTF?! Ban that hacker!!1!!1!1!eleven!!!!11!
    [GM]Dave >> *cries laughing*
    Player >> WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! STUPID GM!!!
    [GM]Dave feeds the Player to Cerberus.

Fixed ^_^

Also, I'm interested in the apukalu joining in when you engage. They did say they were considering more Solo content [in some interview a long time ago], If you can get a Penguin-buddy pet with any job, That would definatly apply.

I want to test this out but I'm stuck at the office. ;_;

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

They didn't do anything when I nuked stuff, I wasn't exactly going to go melee DC bombs/VT wamouras on my BLM. He did change to yellow (attackable) after about 2 hours of dicking around up there, but continued to follow.

I'm interested what the strange seeds are for, they seem to be related to apkallus. You touch them and they explode and cover you with a strange scent of either dead fish or flowers. I've only seen them once so theres some sort of condition for the 2 spawn points to appear. Only one of them can be up at once as far as I know. I'll post a pic of it in a sec, the 2 I saw were right by the escape point from halvung.
    the seeds are beyond OFN. they're used in the Troll weakness crap quest

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa

Fixed ^_^

Also, I'm interested in the apukalu joining in when you engage. They did say they were considering more Solo content [in some interview a long time ago], If you can get a Penguin-buddy pet with any job, That would definatly apply.

They don't fight with you when you engage. I went up there as nin/blm (escape ftw, screw using 200 IS for that) and fought a slime and my apkallu just stood there looking cute as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa

Fixed ^_^

They don't fight with you when you engage. I went up there as nin/blm (escape ftw, screw using 200 IS for that) and fought a slime and my apkallu just stood there looking cute as usual.
    <3

This is the most heart warming thing Ive read in years.

I MUST HAVE ONE!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I went AFK at cerberus spawn to see if I could catch pop and fagbag wwhisky of bonkurarz (JP) linkshell killed my apkallu just to be a little bitch. Its on like donkey kong now.