Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Especially with the new WHM Hauby and meritted club skill. It's hot.
    Merited club skill?

LOL

I wonder if this WHM merits Divine Magic too? lolololol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, again, low IT or even VT chaining with a bunch of good melees, a BRD and a RDM (or WHM) works just as well at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by camdon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    This just in: DRK rocks your world
    b7
    I have never seen somebody on these forums use b7...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I dont know the answer because I dont xp with drk's endgame.
    Stfu then? kthxbye

Merit pt mount zhayolm
    War/nin axe+ridil (28% damage) 630 rampage average
    war/nin 2x axe (23% damage) 720 rampage
    rng/war (17% damage 840 Slug shot
    drk/war with scythe (31% damage) 910 Guillotine
    whm and brd (1% damage)

Yes a drk(my brother) out damaged war with ridil
    god even almost every mnk I pt with out damage a war with ridil dunno what all the fuss about war+ridil unless wars at my server sucks or something lol (have to admit something here though the war with the ridil was tanking like 40% of the time which should have lowered his damage a bit)

Without souleater =

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8898/15bv2.jpg

With souleater =
    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/742/22lp.jpg

that being said 90% of the drks at my server sucks big time

@i was the rng at that pt ;;

My ranger used to be highest DD at the pts..... thank you SE for rng nerf why i pay gil @ammo to be wrost DD at the tp burn pts -_- /quit rng
    Anyways, I'm no the only one who thinks like this fuckas

Important thing to realize is highlighted

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Machazareel
    now I've got +42 acc @ lvl62, hopefully it's good enough for full time meaties. However, if I /c something and it's high evasion, even in all my acc gear, i'll use the sushi i keep on me at all times
    If something cons high eva when you have +42 acc on your gear, I think you need to find some other mobs =x
    lol agreed, so far nothing yet. Today I had a stupid PT that make me go to bibiki bay @61, on Trapogans. I could barely hit them even with sole sushi, and then squid sushi +1, and when I could hit, it was for shit. Lots of 1-3 dmg, I wasnt meant to be there at that level. They were IT+++ when I should have been focusing on high VT/Low IT. Oh well, that'll teach me from accepting an invite from a SMN without asking who the other pt members are.

PT was PLD THF SMN BLM RDM WHM, that's one healer too many, and THEY MAKE ME SKILLCHAIN WITH SHIVA, I felt so crap. SC was Scission, and BLM MB'ing stonega3 on birdies, I died 3x, used flee on the 4th mob that wiped the party and told them I was sleepy and going to bed, No way were they gonna kill me a 4th time -_-.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    now I've got +42 acc @ lvl62, hopefully it's good enough for full time meaties. However, if I /c something and it's high evasion, even in all my acc gear, i'll use the sushi i keep on me at all times
    If something cons high eva when you have +42 acc on your gear, I think you need to find some other mobs =x
    lol agreed, so far nothing yet. Today I had a stupid PT that make me go to bibiki bay @61, on Trapogans. I could barely hit them even with sole sushi, and then squid sushi +1, and when I could hit, it was for shit. Lots of 1-3 dmg, I wasnt meant to be there at that level. They were IT+++ when I should have been focusing on high VT/Low IT. Oh well, that'll teach me from accepting an invite from a SMN without asking who the other pt members are.

PT was PLD THF SMN BLM RDM WHM, that's one healer too many, and THEY MAKE ME SKILLCHAIN WITH SHIVA, I felt so crap. SC was Scission, and BLM MB'ing stonega3 on birdies, I died 3x, used flee on the 4th mob that wiped the party and told them I was sleepy and going to bed, No way were they gonna kill me a 4th time -_-.
    I was exping on Trapogans today as 61 and I had 80% acc.

BLU > y0!

I had 44 acc and was using Sole Sushi +1. Was hitting for 20-40 and crits for 60. But then I also have 8 merits in sword. I got about 330 attack also. I also think Frightful Roar helped alot.

Edit: spelling

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

On that pt i didnt have the specs, so -7 acc, and the smn didnt like using the acc boost on fenrir, he'd rather have eclipse bite miss, so that's another downer for me. I have 6 merits in dagger though.

Are those small birds normally highly evasive? I've never fought birds before aside from smashing T birds in sky converting them to EM's, back in the day when it was needed

Sea Torques
    BG Level

They are very evasive. The THF and NIN in that same PT was 61 and 62 and were using meat and they had 50% acc. The other BLU I was PTing with was one level higher for most of the PT and using sushi, he had 75% acc. I had pretty much maxed acc for that level. I could get a few more.

I remember when I was exping in gardens on my WAR though, I didn't have any merits and I was aimed a little more towards atk/str and it sucked.

There's one thing that still makes me like sushi when on THF despite pretty decent acc gear (+41 swift sniper ohat and full homam except ugly ass head), and that's acid bolts. If the mobs are gay with resisting the defense down I'll go with meat, but if def down lands pretty easy (say weapons) then I'll go sushi. Mobs die fast enough for a starting acid to last the entire fight normally, and that's basically the same as using Berserkga.

THF marksmanship just doesn't cut it on VT-IT without sushi, even macroing some decent acc/skill stuff (faith torque, mermans) at least in my experience. A few tries will land it eventually, but that's too time consuming to bother with.

THF/WAR with haste gear, Homam body, Brutal and maxed Triple Attack merits = fun times. I just wish I could fully merit dagger too, stupid ass 12 upgrade limit filled with HTH and eva.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

my marksmanship is very poor >< It's something like lvl112 when im meant to have 195 now. I've been meaning to skill it up, but I dont know any brd who are 75 who wouldnt mind preluding me for a few hours on a bunch of worms.

I use acid bolts to pull and miss 100% of the time I know it sucks, but i'll skill that thing later.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

my marksmanship is very poor >< It's something like lvl112 when im meant to have 195 now. I've been meaning to skill it up, but I dont know any brd who are 75 who wouldnt mind preluding me for a few hours on a bunch of worms.

I use acid bolts to pull and miss 100% of the time I know it sucks, but i'll skill that thing later.
    There's nothing I hate worse than a puller who constantly misses and causes the mob to pwn the healing mages in the face as it comes in.

(no offence)

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta

There's nothing I hate worse than a puller who constantly misses and causes the mob to pwn the healing mages in the face as it comes in.

(no offence)
    Then tell your mages to move the fuck away lol

Or your tank to voke before it beats on somebody else -.-

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

none taken I find it funny though to see a mob smack the crap out of a squishy taru on the pull back. However more often than not, the mages are like this : (area full of mobs) (me pulling mob ) (tank and melee) (mages)

But my reason for not having capped marksmanship, is for a long time now i've been doing roaming WS burns (after the 50's when other people got nice WS too) so I dont need to pull at all, also in the 40's I was making 2x THF pt's , and for some reason the other thf would always want to pull, even when I offered.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think this thread and rule is a good idea, I don't understand why so many other threads always turn into discussions between food, gear, and often mnks...
    And people get so emotional about it too...
    The stats on all those are pretty clearly spelled out, and different situations and gear setup might make one or the other more appealing, while in other cases they are somewhat similar even in parse, one raising hit ratio and tp gain speed for both player and mobs, the other raising damage per hit. Not a big deal either way, learning which situations make one more important than the other takes a bit of testing (and parsing) on new things like new xp areas and mobs, and some of it might be just personal preference too.

On ridill wars, I haven't been impressed or outparsed by one yet despite several pts I had with ridill wars in them, but I am sure it depends on mobs buffs and situations too. For special occasions like BCs or ENMs or assaults, monks can also wear multiple hit weapons, faith Baghnakhs, and with those and brutal earring I had up to 7 attacks per turn (2 normal punches, + 2 more from full double attack, +2 more from full faith activation, + 1 kick), the damage per punch is not that much lower (unless the mob has really high def/vit), and less critical hits than destroyers, but tp per punch is higher and sometimes i can do double the damage of other monks when using them, although virtue stones stacks don't last very long at all.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Personally, I blame myself.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck you assholes for turning a game into fuggin calculus equation...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    You blame Decay and you fucking know it o<

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Fuck you assholes for turning a game into fuggin calculus equation...
    Math is for the weak; I eat meat cause I aint no girlie-jp wannabe sushi eating tree hugger.
    roar.

My marksmanship was uncapped for awhile between 40ish and 50, recapping it and keeping capped from then on was the best thing I ever did on THF. With squid, bloody bolts, sleep bolts and some shihei its pretty easy to cap solo on worms, and your DoT and WS damage will make you happy you did it. Once its capped its pretty easy to keep it capped even if you're not pulling, since ranged attacks have a way higher skillup rate than melee.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    You blame Decay and you fucking know it o<
    http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7...medecay8fy.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level

I eat sushi because I'm a DRK, and missing with a 528 delay weapon is like your balls being ran over by a truck.