+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me out, PM 8-4 strat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Help me out, PM 8-4 strat

Hi, I tried PM 8-4 with a quick pick up group

BLM BLM BLM BRD WAR NIN (I understand this is probably not the best set-up)

Our NIN said that this was pretty simple and Prishe could basically solo this, lol

And then, after losing 3 times, he says "Hmm... guess they changed it a bit, since I did it last"

Anyone got a set-up for this?

take out 2 blms, put in a rdm and a rng

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

gotta agree, manaburn isn't the best for this one. Prishe can solo but she needs some support, you have no healing whatsoever

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    take out 2 blms, put in a rdm and a rng
    alright, thank you

The main thing you need in this fight is healing. Lots and lots of healing. After that you need a tank and 2 DDs. So heres a good enough setup:
    (RDM,WHM,SMN)x2 (BRD,RDM) (DD)x2 (Tank)

Optimal would likely be RDM WHM BRD PLD RNG RNG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

We had RDM, SMN, RNG, NIN, and THF. (Yeah, only 5)

Barely won it. I was the only one standing. Both of the NPCs saved our asses.

yeah Rejuvination from <no spoilers here> really helps

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Help me out, PM 8-4 strat

Quote Originally Posted by Ceberoth

Our NIN said that this was pretty simple and Prishe could basically solo this, lol

And then, after losing 3 times, he says "Hmm... guess they changed it a bit, since I did it last"

Your setup can actually work if you lose the Bard and replace with a White Mage. I used a very similar setup while helping some people recently, and it worked like a charm. Ninja and Warrior can kite the mob while BLM's nuke. Just call out hate (a la Kirin/KB) and have BLM's free nuke on 2nd lifeform. The BLM's will probably start having hate, so they will have to kite too. If each of the BLM's have a Pro-ether for an instant 250 MP, it would also help so they don't have to sit. With that and Manafont, you should be able to burn Promathia down. It's actually been my method of choice, it's worked really well in the past. Keep Reraise Hairpin on the entire time so you can recast it if it gets dispelled. Also, if you get hit with Seal of Quiesscence, make sure to keep kiting until you're back to non-silenced status (since you can't Echo Drop/Silena this status). At about 5% HP (Promathia #2) if NIN is the only one alive, have him Mijin Gakure with full HP lol... it actually does about 7% of Promathia's health bar. Have him use Earth Staff and Enmity Gear (Arhat's +1 comes to mind). Warrior can assist and also kite, but you may even think about having him do a Mighty Strikes (LOL I just typed Mighty[tab key] and it put my cursor over "Preview" ... autotranslator habit) and Steel Cyclone for hate at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas

Your setup can actually work if you lose the Bard and replace with a White Mage. I used a very similar setup while helping some people recently, and it worked like a charm. Ninja and Warrior can kite the mob while BLM's nuke. Just call out hate (a la Kirin/KB) and have BLM's free nuke on 2nd lifeform. The BLM's will probably start having hate, so they will have to kite too. If each of the BLM's have a Pro-ether for an instant 250 MP, it would also help so they don't have to sit. With that and Manafont, you should be able to burn Promathia down. It's actually been my method of choice, it's worked really well in the past. Keep Reraise Hairpin on the entire time so you can recast it if it gets dispelled. Also, if you get hit with Seal of Quiesscence, make sure to keep kiting until you're back to non-silenced status (since you can't Echo Drop/Silena this status). At about 5% HP (Promathia #2) if NIN is the only one alive, have him Mijin Gakure with full HP lol... it actually does about 7% of Promathia's health bar. Have him use Earth Staff and Enmity Gear (Arhat's +1 comes to mind). Warrior can assist and also kite, but you may even think about having him do a Mighty Strikes (LOL I just typed Mighty[tab key] and it put my cursor over "Preview" ... autotranslator habit) and Steel Cyclone for hate at the start.
    Manaburning a mob that switches between physical and magical immunity is your method of choice?

Lemme guess, your method of choice on CoP wyrms involves war/nin spamming rampage and drk/thf SA'ing from behind without a stunner.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I won first try with BLM BLM SMN WHM BRD PLD. Really easy. He never hit me in the second form, W.legs wins this BC easy.

SMN basically owns this if they can BP properly. In form 2, Spinning Dive takes off a good 4%, with 2 SMN you can basically do Levi/Prishe tanks and heal Prishe.

Quote Originally Posted by tornfleshofsoul
    SMN basically owns this if they can BP properly....
    Kinda how you could start the answer to any question.

I've done this fight several times and never had a problem.
    Our only strategy: "on phase 2, whoever has hate run the fuck away"
    Is it really that hard?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Manaburning a mob that switches between physical and magical immunity is your method of choice?

Lemme guess, your method of choice on CoP wyrms involves war/nin spamming rampage and drk/thf SA'ing from behind without a stunner.
    I don't think it matters that he switches much. Don't you just wait for Prishe to do that drop kick move and it goes away? I haven't done the fight in a long time now, but I vaguely remember that.

E. Body
    BG Level

I can't believe someone is actually asking for a strat on this easy ass BC...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HAY GUYZ HOW DO I BEATED MAMMENTS? =(((((((

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by DeusNoctis
    HAY GUYZ HOW DO I BEATED MAMMENTS? =(((((((
    You don't, mammets beat you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Promathia does not switch between physical and magical immunity. You are perhaps thinking of the Shadowlord in 5-2 where he actually flips back and forth between modes.

Promathia, among her multiple WS/JA moves, -includes- a physical or magical immunity move, which, like Nivlakian said above, is usually dispelled quite soon with Nullifying Dropkick.

The purpose of my post was to inform the original thread author that his or her setup might in fact work without too much alteration. I don't see how this has anything to do with CoP wyrms, rampage spams, lack of stuns, or dark knights sneak attacking. Then again, maybe I'm ignorant and I'm not seeing how 8-4 BC and COP wyrms are inherently related...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I can't believe someone is actually asking for a strat on this easy ass BC...
    Agreed...

I did it with 3 BLM, MNK, PLD, WAR...

it was toooo fucking easy.... Its just like marathon'n KB... piece of piss.