+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

E3 Nintendo Discussion Thread

http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=11420

WarioWare, Zelda, Tennis hands-on, plus a couple of Madden details.

In next week's issue of TIME Magazine, Nintendo has given TIME a hands-on with the Wii and a couple of upcoming games. Watch for this on your local newsstands or mailbox, as there's a mention of it right on the cover. And, between a whole lot of words, there are gameplay details on WarioWare, a tennis title, and Zelda: Twilight Princess.

WarioWare uses the same formula of rapid minigames with the motion sensor controller; TIME mentions quite a few of the minigames, including fly swatting, weight lifting, key-turning, fishing, driving, cooking, balancing, and hula-dancing. There's no mention of multiplayer one way or another yet. In Zelda, the controller was used to swordfight, aim a bow and arrow, and fish. TIME magazine also described the new Tennis game as probably being the most fun and having excellent controls; the player can forehand, backhand, lob, and slice the ball with its very refined controls.

In addition, there are some quotes from Electronic Arts about what they're working on for Madden for the Wii. As previously mentioned, the player can control the game largely through gestures, like hiking the ball, passing, etc., and the game can tell the difference between different kinds of passes, like bullet passes or higher lob passes.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Wario Ware games are so fucking fun, can't wait for Wii version.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This thread should be called "W-E3 Discussion." (Wii-3?)

It seems like they're having some innovative games for the controller though. I'm pretty excited about it.

still can't get over the name come on Wii..... sorry but i'm seriously WTF'ing at them for that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by GundamCloud
    still can't get over the name come on Wii..... sorry but i'm seriously WTF'ing at them for that.
    Congratulations, you're doing exactly what Nintendo wanted you to do! Even if it's only because it has a stupid/different name, people are talking about the console which is some damn smart marketing. How often did you talk about the Xbox or PlayStation after it was announced? Maybe a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Congratulations, you're doing exactly what Nintendo wanted you to do! Even if it's only because it has a stupid/different name, people are talking about the console which is some damn smart marketing. How often did you talk about the Xbox or PlayStation after it was announced? Maybe a few days?
    I reckon it was changed to Wii (We) because then it appeals further to female gamers, Revolution does sound boyish and Nintendo wanted a console for everyone, hence the Wii. That and they wanted the "WTF" factor.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I reckon it was changed to Wii (We) because then it appeals further to female gamers, Revolution does sound boyish and Nintendo wanted a console for everyone, hence the Wii. That and they wanted the "WTF" factor.
    I'll question any woman that tells me "I got a wii."

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Still? I didnt think it was really that interesting.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

im interested. I also dont like the name, but if the point of naming it Wii was to get the name out, they've done it well.

What they dont realize is, alot of people on this planet have no self esteem, and give into peer pressure, so unless they get some way to make all the "cool kids" into Wii'ing, then the not so popular people who have no individuality (see : alot of highschoolers who wanna buy the next gen console) simply wont buy it because the cool peeps dont like the name.

Silly yes, but i've seen it happen too many times over many things, people teased me in high school because I liked nintendo, and I refused to buy pirated games, stupid reasons, but i was an individualist and didnt give 2 squirts of shit what people thought

Cant wait to see how this turns out. Which way nintendo goes, will this be yet another marketing flop, or a winner?

In australia, nintendo hardly ever advertised a thing on TV, and hardly any games get advertised that they have a GC port ( "Coming out on PS2 and Xbox" ), I hope nintendo picks things up this time round.

i don't really think about it more of a everytime i hear someone talking about it or reading about it i instantly think WTF.... allwell now i got some wii jokes to go along with my bawls jokes.

i don't really think about it more of a everytime i hear someone talking about it or reading about it i instantly think WTF.... allwell now i got some wii jokes to go along with my bawls jokes.
    I smell the greatest cross-promotion in the history of gaming.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

The name Wii appeals more to female gamers? Uh, I think the name Wii is funny but I don't see how it would appeal to girls more than guys. The Revolution was very appealing to me, however, it sounds like more of a universal thing rahter than the Wii.

If anything I think the name appeals more to guys, who like to talk about their penises more than ANYTHING. "My Wii is bigger than your Wii!" shit like that. Yeah, it's funny ot hear sometimes I guess, but girls don't exactly brag about whose vagina is bigger or anything.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Here's the entire TIME magazine article.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 61,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    The name Wii appeals more to female gamers? Uh, I think the name Wii is funny but I don't see how it would appeal to girls more than guys. The Revolution was very appealing to me, however, it sounds like more of a universal thing rahter than the Wii.

If anything I think the name appeals more to guys, who like to talk about their penises more than ANYTHING. "My Wii is bigger than your Wii!" shit like that. Yeah, it's funny ot hear sometimes I guess, but girls don't exactly brag about whose vagina is bigger or anything.
    You missed the point of my post. I said "appeals further", meaning it captures more of the female audience with a "cuter" name. How could Revolution sound more universal then "Wii", meaning We, meaning everyone. Revolution does sound boyish, it sounds powerful and captivating, Wii is softer and subtler.

The name doesn't appeal to boys more you know why? Cause boys (and men, whatever) are immature and self conscious. Just like Wafik said young kids (hell, even grown people) are easily influenced and beat down if they aren't cool, I doubt girls really give a fuck.

When I was in school Nintendo was regarded and a shitty, kiddy machine with no good games, I honestly got tired of arguing otherwise even though I don't own a GC and don't like it much (personal preferance).

Personally I prefer Revolution, Wii sounds stupid but that's just me, but all the girls I've asked prefer Wii (surprizing I know that many girls who even know what a console is, also I'm not saying all girls prefer Wii).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I don't prefer one or the other.

Xavier

This could be complete bullshit, but I read somewhere when the name was announced that "ii" in japan is supposed to mean good or something too.

Then someone in LS made a joke that "w" means lol, so the system is "lol good". Dunno, was that ii thing bullshit? I got a quick chuckle out of it.

Closest thing I can think "ii" meaning is "ie" which is something like no... I dunno though, I don't speak japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I don't prefer one or the other.
    So the point of your first post was just for the sake of arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    This could be complete bullshit, but I read somewhere when the name was announced that "ii" in japan is supposed to mean good or something too.

Then someone in LS made a joke that "w" means lol, so the system is "lol good". Dunno, was that ii thing bullshit? I got a quick chuckle out of it.
    I typed "means good in japanese" into Google and pretty much every link had to do with the new name, so I guess so.

The name doesn't appeal to boys more you know why? Cause boys (and men, whatever) are immature and self conscious. Just like Wafik said young kids (hell, even grown people) are easily influenced and beat down if they aren't cool, I doubt girls really give a fuck.
    You give women far too much credit. The only difference is that our beatdowns are psychological and emotional rather than physical.

Also I preferred "Revolution".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast