Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonecraft. How much?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bonecraft. How much?

How much is it gonna cost me to level to 100? Estimates?

6 gil.

dang that's cheap it's 11gil on fairy!

fuck I only have 4

just go ige..err i mean ZAM! 2 gil for 2,000 USD!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Took me about 5 mil to take it to ~90 selling almost everything to NPCs.

From there it was maybe another 5 mil NPC'ing everything, but even so I did 0-100 in 4 weeks. Shame it'll still be another 2 months for me to get all of my GP items XD

If you have a lot of money and you want to level a craft, do something else, since there aren't a great deal of bonecraft synths that pull a huge profit other than SH. If you're not rich but rich enough, then I guess bonecraft is ok.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Almost all end-game bone synths have low expected net profit. SH has no expected net profit on my server, weskits have about 100k per synth net profit (don't even add in the probability of HQ on this one lol).

If you want nice Teir 1 HQ's that give you money, go do cloth or something. I make well over 15mil a month in bonecraft, but the only way I can do that is by selling mass consumables over a lot of mules, and pretty much farming all my materials as BST. If you want to do bone and make good chunks of gil you need to be willing to figure out how to make money by yourself. Starting off a craft with a thread on how much it costs to pl yourself to 100 isn't a good start.

I have some gil, but not enough to put into goldsmithing or cloth. Working with about 5.7mil right now, and completely willing to sell some stuff to reach 100.

As of right now I just don't have enough time to play, I just wanna get on and craft for a bit and then sign off. I know bonecraft isn't the most lucrative craft, but I just wanna do it for whatever reason, probably the only reason I'm still playing this game hehe. Thanks for the input.

Old Merits
    BG Level

With that money you should be able to get Bonecraft 100. After 70 ish you can start doing tier3 synths for reasonable profit which, if you take it slowly, will fund you to 100 pretty comfortably. The biggest cost per synth I ever enounted was 30k/synth.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Bonecraft took me roughly 20 mil last at the start of inflation signs (early november?), and so far I've gotten PCC, SH+1, and probably another 50mil in items for myself, as well as made what's in my sig (granted the other synths included in that gil, but still).

Bonecraft owns.

I'm brand new to crafting, is there anything I should know? Best days to craft? (Wind crystals = Earthsday?) best direction to face?

Old Merits
    BG Level

http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html
    http://www.titanictus.com/tools/guild/i ... =Bonecraft
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/recipedb/bonecraft-synth-2.php

...are your friends. If you think about it, look at recipe list and cost/synth, do it on the right days with support and direction where appropriate, then you'll do fine.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint

From there it was maybe another 5 mil NPC'ing everything, but even so I did 0-100 in 4 weeks. Shame it'll still be another 2 months for me to get all of my GP items XD

If you have a lot of money and you want to level a craft, do something else, since there aren't a great deal of bonecraft synths that pull a huge profit other than SH. If you're not rich but rich enough, then I guess bonecraft is ok.
    Lol @ bonecraft not making much money.

Reraise hairpins are where its at, between scorpion harness runs. My buddy makes a couple million a week on them.

PLEASE GOD CRASH THE MARKET ON UNICORN. 200k per pin is balls.

lvl 26 and climbing.

Do I need to level leathercraft before I hit 100 Bone? Or can I wait and do it later?

I don't understand why you guys help this guy out. He's putting zero actual thought into the craft and once he gets it up there he'll just undercut you to the point of stupidity because he can't think for himself and find his own niches.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by ½pint

Lol @ bonecraft not making much money.

Reraise hairpins are where its at, between scorpion harness runs. My buddy makes a couple million a week on them.

PLEASE GOD CRASH THE MARKET ON UNICORN. 200k per pin is balls.
    That's the point. I made the most money by having 12 mules and selling HQ bone and beetle gear, no joke. I could pull 5 mil a week doing that, it just took fucking ages and wasn't worth the $30 monthly fee.

Edit - I don't want to sound bitchy; there are plenty of tier0 things that sell at cost (such as weskit, unicorn leggings, igqira lappa) but it takes such a long time to get a 'payout' HQ on these that it's hardly worth the time. I'd prefer getting 10 items per week each giving 2mil profit than one item per month that gives 30mil profit.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I don't understand why you guys help this guy out. He's putting zero actual thought into the craft and once he gets it up there he'll just undercut you to the point of stupidity because he can't think for himself and find his own niches.
    How in gods name do you have any idea what I'm doing/going to do? stfu and die.

Old Merits
    BG Level

In all fairness, he only asked how much it would cost. Before I started, I had no idea how often I would get skillups, how much the skillups would be for, sellback price to NPC's etc. Sure he could look up all the ingredients on the AH for every synth and make an estimate, but that would take ages when he could just ask on a forum where there are at least a few people (eg. me) who are willing to answer what is a relatively simple and innocent question...

I'm sure by the time he is level 100 he will have better knowledge of the crafting system, but at level 0 I think it's a bit too much to ask somebody to have the same understanding as a veteran.

Old Merits
    BG Level

And of course, the people who post in this section of the forum are almost all level 100 in one craft or another, so we are much more likely to give a correct answer than level 20 allakhazam noobs who write 1-100 guide by simply looking at a recipe list and writing out what looks cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Denchi
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    How in gods name do you have any idea what I'm doing/going to do? stfu and die.
    OWNED.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast