+ Reply to Thread

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Has anyone tried this yet? I wanted to get some user feedback on this.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

e

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

lol...

Yeah i play it, and the game is a nice change of pace compared to FFXI. You get xp for completing quests, the harder the quest, the more xp you get.

Whilst doing quests you come across "named" mobs. These have their name above their head and are often mini-bosses or the main boss for that quest. If you kill them there's usually a chest that contains items for -everyone-. It randomly reserves items for you when you open it so someone can't run off with it all ;P

That being said, if someone get's the gear you like/need, 90% of the time they will just give it to you, some tards actually sell it to you.

However it can't be whored like FFXI because you'd run out of quests to do within a month or two. Unless you enjoy re-rolling and doing all the quests again =)

Everyone looks slightly different which is one of it's strong points. You don't have "At level 4 i must wear this, at level 6 i have to wear this". There are many different types of each armor, Full plate + 3 takes on many different looks depending what stats it has on it. Lesser false life ( more hp ) Lesser fire resistance ( absorbs 3 points of fire damage ) etc etc.

Not got many screenshots due to re-formatting, these are the one's i have laying around.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0-25-02-46.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...1-49-19-48.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...1-51-52-95.jpg.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Is that a dwarf of a human? Because I could see it being both...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Is that a dwarf of a human? Because I could see it being both...
    I thought the exact same thing.

It looks alot like GW to me for some reason.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Woyn
    I thought it looked like WoW till I read this and I can see the resemblence to GW too now, lets call it a hybrid of both!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Woyn
    I thought it looked like WoW till I read this and I can see the resemblence to GW too now, lets call it a hybrid of both!
    Nah I played beta... its sadly more like GW.. totally linear.. no way to really choose your own alignment. See there is world PvP in WoW and instanced PvP in GW... DnDO has no pvp whatsoever... and that is bullshit. I liked playing a evil character in DnD or just chaotic... killing essential NPCs my DM made always threw a monkey wrench into things. I wish they would remake DnDO already.. it isn't even an MMO with all the instancing there is... it is all instanced pretty much.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I think when you instance the world, Like GW, you really take away from the gaming experience. WoW used instancing nicely for Dungeons and PvP leaving an expansive World for players to explore with anyone they come across.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I wasn't talking about how the game plays just how it looks.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It looks pretty good in some instances... well has the shiny graphics like GW. Really its a crap game imo. Levels really slow and is capped at 20. I would rather wait til Neverwinter Nights 2 comes out... and that is a long ways away.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I also was talking about Looks but I thought id bring gameplay up while I was at it ^^

Doesn't sound like it brings much to the MMORPG table. Oh well.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

D&D never translated well into an online experience for me.

I LOVED the old single player computer games like Pool of Radiance/Azure Bonds, etc, and when the Baldur's Gate family of games came out my hopes were high for the online experience.

And then I noticed just how limiting and let's face it, SLOW it is to play a d20 game online, versus just getting some books, dice and friends together and playing at a proper tabletop. At least there you can just say 'the party needs to rest' and then the DM says 'ok, 8 hours later...'