+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minesweeper     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Minesweeper

Anyone else find it terribly addicting but really OFN?

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5708/mineswee6ub.jpg

Shattering my old record of 238.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

minesweeper kicks my ass.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My old computer came with a game called "Game of Life". Best game ever.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

lol at BG forums behind Minesweeper

i <3 the mine sweeper

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I always get down to like... 2 or 3 where you HAVE to guess between one or the other.... and I always lose. Every time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...inesweeper.jpg

Just went to check my high scores, haven't played in a while. Just had to post them before someone else comes in with times less than half of mine so I can at least look good for a few moments...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know how to play it.

10/52/140 are my best times.

But my best, BEST time is 168 on my laptop using just the touchpad. That was just insane.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

(Reveal location of the mine)
    Before trying out this tip, make sure all other programs are closed or minimized except Minesweeper.
    After starting the Minesweeper game under Windows 3.x, 2000, XP & Server 2003, type in the following
    in quotes (don't type the quotes though): 'xyzzy', and then press & hold the Shift key for one second.
    You can use either the left or right Shift keys when inputting the cheat code. A little white pixel
    will appear on the very top left corner of the screen, indicating whether it is safe or not to uncover
    the square the mouse pointer is rested on. If the pixel changes to a black color (or the color that
    is the same as the background color) then there is a mine under that square. If the pixel changes to
    a whilte color then it is safe to uncover that square. I have confirmed that this cheat code does NOT work
    at all under the Windows 95, 98 & Millennium [ME] editions of Minesweeper. The cheat code may work
    under Windows NT4 but let me know if the cheat does or does not work on NT4's Minesweeper game.

(Stop the timer and have unlimited time)
    After starting the game, click on any of the squares with the left mouse button to reveal a number or to
    uncover a bunch of empty squares, then hold the Left mouse button & the Right mouse button. Then
    press the Esc button and release all mouse buttons and release the Esc button. This will stop the
    timer from counting up, giving you unlimited time to complete the game. I have confirmed that this cheat
    code only works under Windows 3.x, 95, 98, NT4, 2000 & ME and will NOT work under Windows XP & Server 2003.
    Warning: If you minimize the Minesweeper window and restore it, you will have to perform the trick to stop
    the timer again.

(Adding sound effects)
    This tip is for those using the Windows 3.x, 95, 98 & ME Editions of Minesweeper.
    Look for the 'winmine.ini' file (it may be created in the Windows folder) and edit it (make a backup copy
    before editing the file). Add either SOUND=3 or SOUND=10 and save the winmine.ini file. The Win2000,
    XP & Server 2003 editions of Minesweeper don't use the winmine.ini file and the game's settings are
    stored in the Registry. You don't need this tip if you are using Windows 2000, XP or Server 2003 editions
    of Minesweeper as those editions already include almost-realistic game sounds, which in my opinion are far
    better than the sounds coming out from the PC's system speaker (aka. PC beeps). This tip does NOT
    work at all under Windows NT4, so NT4 users are stuck without any Minesweeper game sounds (WinNT4
    users out there, let me know if you have found a way to make Minesweeper play sounds under NT4).
    Note to Windows ME users: Edit the 'Minesweeper' shortcut file from the 'C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games'
    folder by right-clicking on it, choose Properties and add the 'C:\WINDOWS' path in the 'Start In' box
    on the Shortcut tab. Then click OK and the Windows ME Minesweeper game should be able to play sounds
    when you either win or lose.

(Change best times scores & names)
    The Minesweeper game must not be running when trying this cheat out so close the game first.
    For those using Win3.x, 95, 98, & ME: Edit the 'winmine.ini' file from the Windows folder and change
    the strings that mention 'Name1', 'Name2', & 'Name3'; after the equal sign '=' put whatever name you want
    [for example, Name1= can be set to 'Name1=EP6' and Name2= can be set to 'Name2=EP7'].
    Then edit the strings that mention Time (like Time1, Time2 & Time3) and put any time you want
    between 0 and 999 (put 0 to be unbeatable). Finally, save the winmine.ini file and restart Minesweeper.
    For those using WinNT4: Edit the 'entpack.ini' file from the WinNT folder and do the same things mentioned above.
    For those using Win2000, XP & 2003: Run the Registry Editor program (regedit.exe) and go to the
    following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\winmine
    From there you can edit the Name & Time settings [note: editing the Registry can be a potentially dangerous
    thing and you may prevent the Windows operating system from running properly, so backup the registry or
    run System Restore first before changing any values in the Registry]. This only changes the Names & Times
    for the 'current' user, so if a different user logs on, that user will have to change the registry settings all over
    again before starting Minesweeper.

Or Photoshop it. I'm not doubting you guys, mine sweeper is just not a game that can be proven unless someone is actually there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

wow Deme, you got skills bro... beating that shit on expert... nice man

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I once had a 7 second record on beginner. I was distraught when I realized that I lost it after a reformat

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    I don't know how to play it.
    Each square has 0-8 mines around it, the number corresponds to that number.

Click left and right mouse buttons over the number to show how many options are left. If you have 2 mines flagged around a square with a '2' and you click (L&R) on that square it will click all the open squares around it. If you picked a wrong mine you blow up, if not you can clear more spaces at once.

Just t a little tip :wink: