I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

10$ on them not releasing untill all 4 of the XIII games are completed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Square Enix had only just officially announced Final Fantasy XIII at its E3 2006 press conference, but that didn't stop the company from announcing its sequel. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being created by the team behind Kingdom Hearts 2 and will be an "extreme action game" that serves as the direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII and will appear on the PS3. The trailer for the game was done by the team that put together Advent Children.

hey remember that time ffxii was finished and released?

I got an itch to play FF8 again...anyone have a good torrent for that?

It's taking me almost 2 weeks to DL this Fallout 1&2 thing... so why not 2 more for FF8!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tape

It's taking me almost 2 weeks to DL this Fallout 1&2 thing... so why not 2 more for FF8!
    try here:

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3283725

Quote Originally Posted by Vade
    Square Enix had only just officially announced Final Fantasy XIII at its E3 2006 press conference, but that didn't stop the company from announcing its sequel. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being created by the team behind Kingdom Hearts 2 and will be an "extreme action game" that serves as the direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII and will appear on the PS3. The trailer for the game was done by the team that put together Advent Children.
    So that's what Nomura's team is doing, I bet his game will be more fun then the original, but I still wish he was working on KH3 more (or KH2:FM). Although, I am quite optimistic

A. Body
    BG Level

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 0&type=mov
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 0&type=wmv

there's the better quality version... funny how someone mentioned ff8, that girl has a gunblade XD

.... she even looks like squall rofl

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tape

man, are they making Fallout 3 or not? I heard interplay was working on Fallout 3, but then got shutdown due to finance issues (bankruptcy). Then another company (same creator as Morrowind i think) picked it up, they named it project *something*. They even talked about a Fallout MMORPG, holy cow that would rock so much.

Anyways, Fallout 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, Sulik ftw.

btw, anyone find out how to save Sulik's sister, or if it's even possible?

A. Body
    BG Level

my roommate was just ranting about how he doesn't want an ARPG FF, so i sorta went back to the trailer and took a closer look and made some interesting discoveries

FF13 battle system:

nope, no way is that an ARPG

if you are hardcore enough you can follow me through this while watching the trailer in slow motion starting at around the 0:25 point where the gameplay scenes start

here's a screenshot for your reference

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...01/FF13_02.jpg

the girl is surrounded by many enemies, and you can see that from both the main screen and the MINI MAP on the top left corner: the enemies are the red dots with the one circled being the main target, the main character is the blue dot in a circle (which leads me to believe that there can be multiple friendly characters in the battle being blue dots without circle on the map controlled by AI)

the upper right corner should be the level (being lv77) the hp and the mp, quite like how it is for kingdom heart (which also leads me to believe that the other friendly characters will have their status "dish" being smaller and next to the main character's, also similar to KH)

now the bottom half of the screen is where it gets interesting

at the bottom left section are a list of commands, notice they are not in traditional order (1. attack 2. magic 3. item etc) but quite random... that's because they are REACTION commands! i believe that the center-most one is selected by computer to be the one that can lead to the smoothest move-to-move transaction for the attack combo for your immediate selection (for those X button spammers) but you can also choose other moves on the list for more effectiveness... however action can be limited due to the move you selected before

there are numbers next to each command on that list, and they should be cost for doing those moves on the ATB COST at the bottom of the screen

above the ATB COST bar is "information" and 5 command slots, which should be the commands you've entered and are on queue to be executed

if you watch the trailer in slow motion, one of the commands on the information queue would shine as the command is being carried out by the character on screen, and it would disappear while at the same time a certain portion of the ATB COST bar disappears (being used up)

the trailer shows this list of commands being acted out by the female character: V.Strike (she slashes her arm and the enemies around her are frozen), Attack (watch closely as she jumps up and pass the two enemies right in front of her and attacks the one behind them, the one circled red dot on the mini map), Firaga (turn around and casts AOE fire on the rest of the enemy resulting in 10 chain), and Shoot (where the commands disappear and the character carries out a finishing move sequence to the battle, instead of the traditional victory dance which is kinda silly and pointless imo)

now, what does this mean? it means that the player is going to choose out basic sets of commands, and the computer would carry out those commands in the most cinematic real-time battles ever to be in an RPG, and if SE is good enough, then each battle scene would be unique depanding on the enemies you encounter and the commands you select... not intense enough? not if you are trying to find the right command while the hordes of enemies are beating on you in real time... but one thing's for sure, it'll be a damn good show :D

If you watch the trailer thru Gametrailers, and get to the part of a Flying object Chasing the train (1:07-1:08 min)

Just speculating, Bahamut? (Neo Form?)

GRT is right with the combat system

Looks like it will be a 5 Tab Command link, then the "computer" (GRT's term) will perform that sequence to get the best overall outcome

So if 5 enemies surround ya, and all are weak to water + slash

(Just Thinking) You go Stop (Spell) > Jump (Ability if there) > V Slash (Attack) > Waterga > End (Ability) and it cost you ATB points that you replenish thru kills + lvl up.

1 thing stands out is the enemys look like there in real time mode. So you gotta learn the right combo/scenerio for each sequence quickly to get maximum damage + position will be a key in this 1