Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Staves is just kind of a given. If you didn't have them you'd get booted (unless pt leader is really dumb)

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    Honestly nothings gonna make a big difference at lvl 50-60...just be a cheapass like I was and wear AF noone cares because your blm lol.
    HQ Elemental staves. Huge difference 51-75.
    Had to correct it, if Blm is your secondary job (I would think most in these forums have by now a 75 job(s)) there is no reason why you should not go for full HQ staves (well, don't need Apollo's, but its a white box).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I used T.M. coat + Seer's Crown +1 51-56. Then the Shaman's cloak to 60. After that its really preference.

Cotehardie + Hat yields more damage, although not much.
    Shamans Cloak will lower resists, but not much either.
    If you really want max damage get and use a republic circlet asap and HQ staves. Those are the real difference makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Nuking before 60: Shaman's Cloak
    Nuking after 60: Wizard's Petasos + Flora Cotehardie OR Justaucorps +1
    Resting: Vermillion Cloak
    (Royal will be a waste for a BLM, save the HQ ePeen for Demon Cloak at 68.)
    Enfeebling/Sleeping: Wizard's Coat
    Dootler

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I would boot a blm 60+ nuking in af body -_-;

TM to Shaman's Cloak then Cotehardie + AF Hat at 60, swapping to Shaman's if you get too many resists. Mariachi coat owns, BLM in Justaucorps looks ridiculous.

You have to remember, Shaman's was ridiculously hard to get back when I first started blm. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Stuck with AF, I'm a BLM, I can gimp out on gear unlike melees LOL
    didnt you wear mnk af1 to 75?
    and i deleted my picture of mifaco in a NQ Amemet mantle

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I used Shaman's free nuking until Black Cloak, and AF or AF body + Republic Circlet on MB, depending on region control. Cotehardie would be a good sub for AF body as well, I just didn't see the point for me as inventory was tight enough.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    Honestly nothings gonna make a big difference at lvl 50-60...just be a cheapass like I was and wear AF noone cares because your blm lol.
    HQ Elemental staves. Huge difference 51-75.
    Had to correct it, if Blm is your secondary job (I would think most in these forums have by now a 75 job(s)) there is no reason why you should not go for full HQ staves (well, don't need Apollo's, but its a white box).
    Well of course the HQ are good. But the NQ are still a HUGE improvement compared to anything else.

I had staves, and shaman's was still the best thing to use until black cloak, because blms are almost always on the lower lvl end of a party.

I find it humorous that I didn't wear my AF hat extensively until 72.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I wore TM coat until Black Cotehardie and wore that until I got my Shaman's cloak around 60, which I wore until Black cloak. Of course use AF for sleeps/other enfeebles. I used a republic circlet only briefly and then sold it to spend the money on more NQ staves (lol) since I was rarely ever in a zone where it worked.

BLM was my first job and I had to work my ass off just to have gear that is only so-so by today's 2nd and 3rd job BLMs. Oh well BLM is boring as shit to me now anyway.

I dont have HQ earth

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My Shamans is perddy, im not paying 2mil for a +3 int over shamans with no + elmental magic skill and not to forget looks like shit. I would go af if needed just for the -7emnity the hat and body give.

HQ staffs 8mil for set... what the hell happend to that