Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    some1 with 71 cloth test if u can synth this =\. If yur on midgard ill supply you with the cocoons/gil for them
    Someone earlier in the thread was getting skillups at 86.2

Cloth probably isn't higher than 90, i've hq'd 2 of about 6 at 100+1.

Either that or I am wasting my hq t0s on shitty synths, which according to my current luck isn't that unlikely.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    some1 with 71 cloth test if u can synth this =\. If yur on midgard ill supply you with the cocoons/gil for them
    ya, but what is the lowest level u can be to actually be allowed to synth something? you will def break, but it lets u know the skillcap if u "your level is too low" @71, but can craft it @72

that's an interesting idea threevo, but i dont know the restriction on synthing.

edit: i've broken about 5 synths so far, and no skill on break, so i dunno if i'm within that 5 yet

Finally got 87 this morning, so far i've managed to get a skill up off a cloth synth, but not thread.

cloth cap is at least 88, so far it looks like the thread cap is 87. I'll update again with what happens later

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    ya, but what is the lowest level u can be to actually be allowed to synth something? you will def break, but it lets u know the skillcap if u "your level is too low" @71, but can craft it @72
    I'm saying that you will definately not be able to craft it at 71 because you'll get too low message, but I see what you're saying if they use support or whatever.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Desynthing is your friend for Arhat's Hakama(Though, would have been nice if Wamoura was out when I was skilling up). I skilled on Arhat's 81-88, I had to send all of the hakama to storage character though until I was able to reach the skill cap for desynthing. In all, the total loss on making the Hakama wasn't too bad, but only because I HQ'd 5 of them during levels 83-88, and desynthed everything
    I have decided I hate you, you're luck is far too good. If your posts are any indication, I'm guessing that in about 3-4 weeks we'll be seeing a screenshot where you get 0.8 skillups in 18 synths, and hq undercap 2 synths that are tier 0 even for 100 crafters. Oh, wait... (don't mind me, I'm just really jealous ><)

Looks like SE was nice to get ride of the Silk Road part Deux for those not already past it. Sucks for those who already burned through, but good for the PUPs who need those cloths. I've seen the net profit for that synth on Pandy go from 700k to 30k in the last week or so.

I wouldnt be surprised if a few farming clothcrafters plough the price to a loss to discourage 80's crafters from using this synth to skill (there are plenty of crafters in the 90s already, after all, especially after the economy downturn on big hqs).

and that's why i'm camping AH and hoarding the cocoons so nobody else cao do that but me

edit: and you can't really farm them, because they drop off of T and VT mobs to 75. if you go in a party, the chances of you getting enough to make a significant impact on the AH are slim to none

I've been farming them as my blm for the past hour or so just because the AH got to a point where it would have been cheaper to to arhats, damn people trying to raise the price.

I've managed to get 6 so far with no TH, pretty shitty drop rate. My blm is up 10k buffer that i desperatly needed though.

Also, if you bring an exp pt of LS members out to one of the deeper areas there's 6-7 spawns, and some dragons to play with, along with apkallus which are always fun if you get your hate up XD. Just tell your buddies to give you whatever they get to help you out.

Edit: just got a skill up off of a thread synth, bringing me to 87.2.

As long as the synth is breakeven~20k profit for 4 synths at relatively high risk, I don't see many 90+ clothiers doing it for money.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meilyn
    I have decided I hate you, you're luck is far too good. If your posts are any indication, I'm guessing that in about 3-4 weeks we'll be seeing a screenshot where you get 0.8 skillups in 18 synths, and hq undercap 2 synths that are tier 0 even for 100 crafters. Oh, wait... (don't mind me, I'm just really jealous ><)
    I dunno about you, but in leveling 3 crafts to 85+ so far, I've gotten several of those streaks. My best so far has been about 1 whole level (from 83.x to 84.x) last night in about 15-16 synths. My worst was something like 60 synths for a level, with a streak of over 30.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    As long as the synth is breakeven~20k profit for 4 synths at relatively high risk, I don't see many 90+ clothiers doing it for money.
    Completely agree, though before it got widely known I was making 700k/cloth on these puppies, definately worth it then, but alas no longer. ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by WizardRemora
    I dunno about you, but in leveling 3 crafts to 85+ so far, I've gotten several of those streaks. My best so far has been about 1 whole level (from 83.x to 84.x) last night in about 15-16 synths. My worst was something like 60 synths for a level, with a streak of over 30.
    For post 90, thats a damn nice skill up rate. I've had streaks almost as good, but usually buried in larger batches, and definately not in the 94-95 range. Thats just more icing on the hate cake though, its the 2 hqs on tier 0 synths while skilling that got to me I just have bad luck with that, last skill session I got 0.5 out of 24 dance shoes, while the person next to me made 4 dance shoes +1. orz lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Desynthing is your friend for Arhat's Hakama(Though, would have been nice if Wamoura was out when I was skilling up). I skilled on Arhat's 81-88, I had to send all of the hakama to storage character though until I was able to reach the skill cap for desynthing. In all, the total loss on making the Hakama wasn't too bad, but only because I HQ'd 5 of them during levels 83-88, and desynthed everything

Looks like SE was nice to get ride of the Silk Road part Deux for those not already past it. Sucks for those who already burned through, but good for the PUPs who need those cloths. I've seen the net profit for that synth on Pandy go from 700k to 30k in the last week or so.

I wouldnt be surprised if a few farming clothcrafters plough the price to a loss to discourage 80's crafters from using this synth to skill (there are plenty of crafters in the 90s already, after all, especially after the economy downturn on big hqs).
    If it makes you feel better, my Tier-11 HQ Rate is 4%, and Tier-31 like 20%

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Nah it doesn't really bother me, more power to ya lol

But I'd gladly take those hqs over a boat load of tier1/3 hqs, endcraft tier 0s are major cash, esp mahatma houpp and mitts -1.

skilled up to 88 off the thread and cloth, dinged 88 10min or so ago and have yet to get skill ups off the thread. I got a .1 off the cloth though so that at least goes to 89 like somepage says.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

For post 90, thats a damn nice skill up rate. I've had streaks almost as good, but usually buried in larger batches, and definately not in the 94-95 range. Thats just more icing on the hate cake though, its the 2 hqs on tier 0 synths while skilling that got to me I just have bad luck with that, last skill session I got 0.5 out of 24 dance shoes, while the person next to me made 4 dance shoes +1. orz lol
    Oh, ok, well think of this then. 94 -> 96 cloth has yielded me 1 Mahatma Hpl, 1 Cursed Mitts -1, and 2 Elite Beret +1, and the last streak of skill ups involved going from 95.3 to 96 in 10 synths.

Also, my best streak post 90 was 98->99.8 or so, totalling something like 24 synths total. It's fun. ;p

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the AH on midgard cant support more than 2 people skilling on these yet it seems. i was getting them consistantly yesterday, and today stock was down to 6 overpriced cocoons ;_;. I did some hakamas and hit 85, hopefully i can do the rest on wam. stuff cuz the cloth sells for 60k profit each, which can make up for breaks rather quickly

yeah, it's not a large supply, so it can't support heavy skillup, but i hoarded a bunch and went to windy for adv. support after breaking a few too many for my tastes.

edit: only got .1 in 15 synths -_-

Sea Torques
    BG Level

until the supply becomes more consistant ill stick with hakamas ;_;. Just hit 86 maybe ill mix in some cocoons/threads/cloths but im really pushing for veteran tonight ^_^

95% certain that the skill cap for..

Wamoura thread = 88

I'm 88.6 now and synthed everything from scratch(cocoons > thread > cloth), and I have yet to get a skill up from thread. All the skillups I've gotten so far have been from the cloth. It's not taking very long at all, the supply on shiva is fairly high(50+ cocoons a day, probably closer to 100) and when I buy out the AH i just run to Mount<tab> for a while and exp/farm for an hour then come back and buy more.

It's also break even on Shiva, 30-35k/cocoon, 200k/cloth.