Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wamoura Silk skill cap     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Wamoura Silk skill cap

Before anyone says anything, I did use the search function and did not find the info i was looking for.

Just like the title of the thread says, I'm looking for the skill cap on Wamoura silk. I checked somepage, mysterytour, and allakalol, but the only site with any information was somepage.

Somepage lists Wamoura Silk Thread as capping at 90, and the Cloth as capping at 89. This is not typical for other clothcraft thread/cloth recipes, and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not this is correct. My personal findings while making attempts to synth the threads would not lead me to believe that the thread is as high a cap as it is listed. I synthed twice while in an exp party in zhayolm with 80+2 skill, and this morning with 82+0 skill. All were successful synths.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I hq them at a HQ1 rate, idk anything more specific at the moment. I can check the guild NPC and see what recipes it is between (since they are all listed in order)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I kindof doubt that the cap is that high. I'll get hq animations at 96+3 often enough (; ; at worthless hqs).

Did you get any skill from your synths or have a high fail rate? That would give you an idea of how far from cap you were...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i did a few of these today trying to get the last .1 i need to hit 82.

4 synths
    1 break (no mat loss)
    0 skillups

81.9+specs

I couldnt find a cloth crafter around 70skill to test for me. Its easy to find out the cap if you have a friend to test for you. I have to work, maybe i can find it out later.

at 82.2+2 i got 2 skillups (hence the .2) with no breaks. i would suspect the synth is around 86 or so, but i'm not exactly sure

really i'm just trying to figure out if this is a viable skillup synth at my level, or if i should do a few of the older spam recipes to up skill a bit before i work use these to skillup (basicly a break even skill synth)

edit: sorry i couldn't respond earlier, but i was at work

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i would much rather do this shit than arhats hakamas. Its in the same mold as spider webs/rthread/rcloth.

The silk sells at 5k profit if cocoons bought off the AH. This is def a much better way to get to 90 and a lot cheaper/breakeven. Ill probably do these today since i have a 10M capital i can invest on skillups.

yeah, it's a good synth on my server too, even with breaks i'd still most likely marginal profit/break even. the supply is a little short here though

edit: and i dont think it's 90 cap for the thread, but 89 for the cloth sounds reasonable. and i like simple recipes such as subcombines for the pure fact that it takes up very little room relatively speaking. arhat's hakama is a pretty shitty synth overall anyway. somewhat expensive materials that you just end up NPCing for a big loss

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Immortaldonut
    yeah, it's a good synth on my server too, even with breaks i'd still most likely marginal profit/break even. the supply is a little short here though

edit: and i dont think it's 90 cap for the thread, but 89 for the cloth sounds reasonable. and i like simple recipes such as subcombines for the pure fact that it takes up very little room relatively speaking. arhat's hakama is a pretty shitty synth overall anyway. somewhat expensive materials that you just end up NPCing for a big loss
    Desynthing is your friend for Arhat's Hakama(Though, would have been nice if Wamoura was out when I was skilling up). I skilled on Arhat's 81-88, I had to send all of the hakama to storage character though until I was able to reach the skill cap for desynthing. In all, the total loss on making the Hakama wasn't too bad, but only because I HQ'd 5 of them during levels 83-88, and desynthed everything

I'm 86.2 and still getting skill ups off both the thread and cloth, easiest thing goins since wamoura cocoons are only 20k on my server and are selling for 200k a cloth

wow nice starblaster... i'm getting about 5-10k profit on the thread spares buying cocoons at 40k apiece. unfortunately i dont have a lot of spare capital that is actualy mine >.> (currently holding ks99 gil) so i end up selling the threads as i make them

if i reach a cap on the thread, i'll start making cloths until they stop giving skill

well that was last night, i powered through 2 levels and got pretty excited over it, I checked the prices again this morning and they dropped significantly but it's still looking like a 15-20k profit per cloth if I don't break.

We'll see what it looks like in a half hour when I'm out of dynamis

prices aren't dropping much here unfortunately, and i just broke two consecutive cloth synths >< 350k /farewell 4 threads lost

i haven't crit failed any cloth yet, i've lost 2 threads quite a few times though.

I broke someones thread synth back when the wamoura stuff first came out and crit failed that, I felt like such a bastard because they were like 400k a cocoon.

on topic:

I've gotten more skillups from the thread, but I was just attributing that to the fact that i was making three threads per cloth. I've gotten noticably more more skills off the silk, 1.9 out of 2.0 levels so far. I'll just post again when i stop getting skills on either

alrighty, cool. i can't get enough cocoons to get much skillup either way. i've gotten .2 since i got home from work, and i'm basicly camping AH right now

Just got out of a really glitched Dynamis, there was 45 cocoons on the AH when I got there, so I'm going to be synthing my ass off til limbus.

So far I've managed to get a .1 off of silk, and a .1 off of cloth bringing me to 86.4, so the cap on both is at least 87

Sea Torques
    BG Level

if somepage is right about the cloth, thread would most likely cap out at 87

I'm hoping they were just stupid and mixed up the numbers.

86.8 atm and ran out of materials for a reasonable price, gonna try again after limbus.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

eh :/ Cloth NPC doesn't have the recipe at all so i cant guess the level. Dont know why they just leave some out but that's SE i guess.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

some1 with 71 cloth test if u can synth this =\. If yur on midgard ill supply you with the cocoons/gil for them