Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Sipahi Jawshan Critical Hit Rate Increase?

Anybody run any tests on this yet?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Here is what Rukenshin has to say about the LV59 critical body.

WAR1 using LV59 critical body got critical rate of 3.38% TOTAL over 2 hours.
    Other melees:
    NIN1 got 14%.
    NIN2 got 11%.
    WAR2 got 9%.
    Crappiest WAR alive or the body gives an increase of -5% to -10%

http://miruka.livejournal.com/118610.ht ... 02#t530002

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had it, and it sucks 8D

Banned.

BG Level

I'm sure SE will fix something in the next update. "An issue where the body piece would lower critical attack rate instead".

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I'm sure SE will fix something in the next update. "An issue where the body piece would lower critical attack rate instead".
    I don't know of anything that has "Increases critical hit rate" that actually works. +crit% gear work, but not the wording as it is on that body piece or thf af2 body.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They meant "Increases rate of critical hits received"

Translation error

w

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    I don't know of anything that has "Increases critical hit rate" that actually works. +crit% gear work, but not the wording as it is on that body piece or thf af2 body.
    Even Ragnarok's is reportedly non-existant.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Parser calculate the #of crit/ total swing, not #crit/hit. No? If the guy had 50% acc and other 90%, it wouldnt be surprising he got that low. Merit do a lot too if this guy is on his first job.

DOes this work? just saw in other forum:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s/ragnarok.jpg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    DOes this work? just saw in other forum:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s/ragnarok.jpg
    way to look up 3 posts above yours.

lol @ 75WARs using this to EXP...I guess you gotta justify spending 4-5M for a piece of shit somehow.

Banned.

BG Level

Though I didn't know that, I was focusing on the fact his crit rate dropped greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Parser calculate the #of crit/ total swing, not #crit/hit. No? If the guy had 50% acc and other 90%, it wouldnt be surprising he got that low. Merit do a lot too if this guy is on his first job.
    Does it? That would make no sense at all. Considering that the parser keeps track of both swings taken and swings landing that's a really stupid way to do it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Does it? That would make no sense at all. Considering that the parser keeps track of both swings taken and swings landing that's a really stupid way to do it.
    Anything melee dipping below 80% ACC should either overhaul their gears or quit and lvl a mage job.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Unless the misses selectively removed more critical hits or more normal hits, biasing one or the other significantly, you should get around the same percentage critical hits with low accuracy vs high accuracy.
    (that's just from acc+ gear, DEX+ gear increases both accuracy and actual crit hits ratio, although the effect is not so great on harder xp mobs compared to farming mobs who have low AGI compared to your DEX).

Generally, in terms of the wording SE uses, all gear that has 'increases' doesn't have a really strong effect, while 'enhances' has a much more noticeable effect (think of brutal earrings etc).
    SE has a weird way to word things, for example "occasionally" normally wouldn't mean "every other hit" but basically that's what it means for SE on kraken club, sea gods weapons etc.

edit: oops yeah if parser did do criticals / total swings, critical % would decrease too. I am not sure what parser was used or if that's the case but that's a good point

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Unless the misses selectively removed more critical hits or more normal hits, biasing one or the other significantly, you should get around the same percentage critical hits with low accuracy vs high accuracy.
    (that's just from acc+ gear, DEX+ gear increases both accuracy and actual crit hits ratio, although the effect is not so great on harder xp mobs compared to farming mobs who have low AGI compared to your DEX).

Generally, in terms of the wording SE uses, all gear that has 'increases' doesn't have a really strong effect, while 'enhances' has a much more noticeable effect (think of brutal earrings etc).
    SE has a weird way to word things, for example "occasionally" normally wouldn't mean "every other hit" but basically that's what it means for SE on kraken club, sea gods weapons etc.

edit: oops yeah if parser did do criticals / total swings, critical % would decrease too. I am not sure what parser was used or if that's the case but that's a good point
    Loquacious and Rostrum pumps are both like 1% fast cast. They both use the word enhances for a relatively small buff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal

Loquacious and Rostrum pumps are both like 1% fast cast. They both use the word enhances for a relatively small buff.
    Warlock's Chapeau and Duelist's Tabard both say "Enhances 'Fast Cast' Effect" and are 5% increase on each. Enhances is a very broad word in this game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yeah i guess you're right enhances seems pretty broad. I didn't know rostrum and loquacious were so low. "Enhances" on af1 mnk gloves, head, and feet is also really high as effect, about 50% more on stats increase, and even more on chi dmg increase.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There's more than one parser???