BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Periqa Assaults     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Vobent

Sirocco Kukri too. :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hm, wonder if faith ba~nak is will be better. Less crits, lower dmg, but monks H2H doesn't depend on weapon dmg too much anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Yeah i forgot to mention enspells don't work, same for boreal cesti and the drain from vampiric claws, all 0 damage, Poison also doesn't work.
    Are you sure en-spells don't work? I'm fairly certain that my enaero (wind erodes earth) was hitting for more than 0.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    Hm, wonder if faith ba~nak is will be better. Less crits, lower dmg, but monks H2H doesn't depend on weapon dmg too much anyway.
    I tried faith claws in one of my runs. While in some situations they give you almost double the damage of destroyers, this is definitely not one of those. Damage per normal punch was 1 less, and the loss of criticals was really noticeable, especially since they do between 2 and 3 times the normal damage. Plus you run out of virtue stones too fast.
    I recommend Destroyers and dune boots for this, and the more DEX and STR the better (you don't need any acc for this).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Heh... someone needs to change the name of this thread to "Excavation Duty Tactics" or "Halvung Assaults" or something...

There's a lot of good info in here that I almost overlooked because the title is a misnomer >.>

To add a bit to this thread... I've noticed that when I go as THF and land Acid Bolts, the Def. Down effect seems to allow for slightly higher melee damage. Anyone been able to parse this situation?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Yeah i forgot to mention enspells don't work, same for boreal cesti and the drain from vampiric claws, all 0 damage, Poison also doesn't work.
    Are you sure en-spells don't work? I'm fairly certain that my enaero (wind erodes earth) was hitting for more than 0.
    Sorry I had missed your post. I think they might work for a RDM, but they don't work for monk/rdm and blm/rdm. I think rdm has some gear etc that lets you do more with en-spells, but for both mnk/rdm, blm/rdm, and weapons like boreal cesti's 100% enaero effect, it's 0 all the times (I am not sure if blms tried enaero or just any other en-spell though, but meleeing from them is not really much of a factor anyways, they cast and rest most of the times).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

*Pretty* sure I managed to land one or two 1 dmg additional effects with Enaero as blm/rdm, but almost all were 0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Sorry I had missed your post. I think they might work for a RDM, but they don't work for monk/rdm and blm/rdm. I think rdm has some gear etc that lets you do more with en-spells, but for both mnk/rdm, blm/rdm, and weapons like boreal cesti's 100% enaero effect, it's 0 all the times (I am not sure if blms tried enaero or just any other en-spell though, but meleeing from them is not really much of a factor anyways, they cast and rest most of the times).
    Red Mages have a base Enhancing skill of 256 and an additional 30 enhancing skill from Artifact and Relic armor. (I also have Hollow Earring.) Skill does help to cut down on resistance to en-spells; a BLM has the approximate enhancing skill of an uncapped level 60 RDM.

Finally, a situation where B+ enhancing skill is useful.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Nadakai
    *Pretty* sure I managed to land one or two 1 dmg additional effects with Enaero as blm/rdm, but almost all were 0.
    That's correct. My friend managed to score a few enchants for damage but the majority of them will be resisted for 0.

I wonder how Corsair is gonna do in this assault with Rogue and Figher's Roll.

I went as warrior for this, and used Armor Break with Great Axe on the walls.

Our monk was critting for up to 9 dmg and regular hits of 4-5 after Armor Break being laid on the walls. It helped considerably. After landing Armor Break, obviously swapped back to Dual axes to help out with DoT.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    I went as warrior for this, and used Armor Break with Great Axe on the walls.

Our monk was critting for up to 9 dmg and regular hits of 4-5 after Armor Break being laid on the walls. It helped considerably. After landing Armor Break, obviously swapped back to Dual axes to help out with DoT.
    Nice! Dia2 also seemed to help people's damage (and someone mentioned acid bolts worked too), but since bio2 dot is so much stronger it's hard toreally use dia, armor break and bolts don't have that problem though so they seem even more useful.