Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Technical Issue with FFXI     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Little Mother
    BG Level

Technical Issue with FFXI

Ok guys, I don't know where else to ask this, so here goes.

Okay I just recently installed ToAU, everything has been fine. I've been everywhere in ToAU and it all runs okay. Well last night my LS had a sky run, so that morning, I was at a friends house and I logged my character out at sky so when I got home I wouldn't have to run up there.

Well when I tried to log on at home, as soon as the zone loads up, my FFXI client gets about 2 seconds, then it completely locks up, and about 2-3 minutes after if I haven't managed to close FFXI, it crashes my computer. I know it's not a virus or something, because I keep that up to date on my computer. I tried for about an hour and it kept crashing. Finally I tried logging onto one of my mules and it worked just fine, so I got a friend to log onto my character and warp me out of sky, and when I tried to log onto my character, it worked just fine.

My question is, has anyone had a problem like this? As soon as I zone into Ru'Aun Gardens it locks up FFXI and eventually crashes my computer. Am I going to have to reinstall this game because something went wrong with my ToAU installation or something. (In that case I'm gonna be really pissed...) but I don't know what else to do.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some computers just absolutely hate sky for some reason; being unable to zone in there isn't anything completely new.

Sadly, I dunno how to fix it. But I'm sure its been discussed in various places already.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I had a problem like that awhile ago with CN, CO, and Wwalls, I reinstalled the whole game and it fixed it.

Little Mother
    BG Level

The only thing is Kuno, that I've been playing FFXI on this computer forever, and I've never had a problem with Sky. Guess I finally am going to have to reinstall...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Have you tried running the check thingy yet?

Little Mother
    BG Level

Wait, what check thingy?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There a file check thing in playonline. I'm not sure if it fixes it or just tells you which ones are broken. It's worth a shot though, I guess.

Friend had the same issue, playing for a long time, even running a sky ls for awhile, and one day he goes up for exp and BAM.

Never found a workaround for it... he reinstalled a couple times and sky was still broken but all other zones worked fine. He took a break from game, came back after toa and it works again o_o..

i've had this problem too... its the gardens music file.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

for a kiss, i will fix your computer.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Lombardia, I can hear the music in sky fine, are you sure its the problem?

If it is, do you know which file it is, I could go and change it out (the music in sky sounds gay anyway, I rather change it to the Ninja Turtles theme or something anyway), and that could possibly fix it.

I did run that File Check thing on PlayOnline and came up with some 140 files that need repairing, maybe that will help.

If that all fails, I might have to kiss Zimga~

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze

If it is, do you know which file it is, I could go and change it out (the music in sky sounds gay anyway, I rather change it to the Ninja Turtles theme or something anyway), and that could possibly fix it.

I did run that File Check thing on PlayOnline and came up with some 140 files that need repairing, maybe that will help.

you mispelling my name only means 1 thing. (*'3')

come on babe, 1 quick kiss and I'll have the answer to your problem.

The age old dilemma. Herpes for sky access...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze

i was able to hear the music fine also, i have no clue why it does that. Ru'Aun Gardens music file is music210.bgw.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    The age old dilemma. Herpes for sky access...

The only way I could have gotten herpes would be if your mother transfered it to me.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've had a similar issue with FFXI about 5 times. It's a corrupt file issue. You can repair just about all of them except for one or two maybe.

Game would load but a black screen w/log and no text is all I'd get.

In the end, you'll have to reinstall FFXI or have someone FTP you a noncorrupt file through AIM/MSN/Yahoo. I've done it each time and took about 3-4hrs in getting all the updates and installation each time... very pissed at this and missed some events. I'd use this time to read a book or troll forums.

Sorry Ma'am, I had the same problem a while ago, and I had to uninstall everything and then reinstall x.X It sucks but it was what SE told me to do, as well as what a couple of friends said they did.

/comfort :3

Don't kiss Zigma, he MPKs your WAR PT in Bibiki Bay

He's a bad person.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Make sure you save your first 3 DAT files, they contain your macros and your map markers.

The only real pain of reinstalling is the updates and rewriting the macros

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I used to have this problem too. It was because of Zone Alarm firewall. If you are running Zone Alarm (or any software firewall), reduce your settings or turn it off and see if it's causing the problem. You may just have to reconfigure the rules.