Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

FFXI Version Update (May 13th)

May 12, 2006 23:30 [PDT]

FINAL FANTASY XI Update (May 13)

At the following time we will be performing a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

FINAL FANTASY XI gameplay will not be interrupted during this update as there will be no server maintenance conducted at this time.

*The client software will also be updated at this time. The version update process will automatically begin upon login after the time stated below. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

[Affected Period]
    May 13, 2006 1:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
    - During besieged, upon viewing the defensive battle movie, players will now be sent to seperate points within Al Zahbi.

- Fixed issue where key item "Runic Portal Permit" could not be obtained.

- Fixed several issues with the Xbox 360 config.

- Fixed an issue where the Corsair's ability "Phantom Roll" would register an improper message in the logs.

excellent choice of name

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

- During besieged, upon viewing the defensive battle movie, players will now be sent to seperate points within Al Zahbi.
    Following which, they will all run back to the gates.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Very nice.

- Fixed issue where key item "Runic Portal Permit" could not be obtained.
    Nice aswell. If you have exactly 200 points ( the price of the ticket ) , she refuses to give you the pass, unless you have 201+ , im guessing they'll fix it to 200 = ticket.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

- Fixed an issue where the Corsair's ability "Phantom Roll" would register an improper message in the logs.
    Lol finally they noticed it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Re: FFXI Version Update (May 13th)

Thank God...

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    QFT

Just had a beseieged and it was my most laggiest gaming experience of all time. YES IT WAS MORE LAGGY THAN PSO ON DREAMCAST!

Beseieged seriously fails.

sounds like they've finally fixed the "Noobloses the effect of Corsair's Roll"
    text. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    QFT

Just had a beseieged and it was my most laggiest gaming experience of all time. YES IT WAS MORE LAGGY THAN PSO ON DREAMCAST!

Um, how about thinking for a minute. You cant all run back to the gates, because the doors between the various sections are locked down. You fail.

Besieged stoppped failing for me when at least 50 people died to a 2300 dmg AoE done by some mamool ja. >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    sounds like they've finally fixed the "Noobloses the effect of Corsair's Roll"
    text. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    [quote:3cd03]- During besieged, upon viewing the defensive battle movie, players will now be sent to seperate points within Al Zahbi.
    QFT

Um, how about thinking for a minute. You cant all run back to the gates, because the doors between the various sections are locked down.

-[/quote:3cd03]
    Theres a way to get back to the front, only 1 gate per side is open, either top or bottom, and when you're up top overlooking the area where everyone crowds before it starts, go to the north and you can dropoff a side of the wall that's broken and rejoin the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    Um, how about thinking for a minute. You cant all run back to the gates, because the doors between the various sections are locked down.
    Not really.

You can get back to the zone exists from mog house just
    from going up the stairs and dropping down from the palisade.

Regardless, you start spread out, so at least whoever does start by the gates can see the mobs and start fighting before the lag becomes unbearable.

Frankly I did hope from reading the fablinx teh goblin thing that the mobs would be all over the city and you would have to be spread out anyway or fail. Regardless, I think this change does help the situation.

SE tried to give what the players have wanted since we all first watched
    the opening CS, massive bedlam. Their execution of this is quite sloppy
    as it turns into what looks like a dynamis pull gone horribly
    wrong and further aggrevated by dmg caps, witless players, and
    now the post-cs scramble!

All in all I think its still quite fun, especially with no xp loss, rewards,
    extra bonuses you get from consequtive wins. Not to mention of finding
    kidnapped npcs that reward you. Twentish minutes of chaos is worth that.

We all pretty much know how SE can improve it though and I am just
    crossing my fingers that someone with a brain is on the case. SE never
    listens to us anyway, just zam scrubs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

is that a poem?

i agree with your points. Aside from the blm nerf, beseiged is nice.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Um, how about thinking for a minute. You cant all run back to the gates, because the doors between the various sections are locked down. You fail.
    Sorry there, kiddo, but *you* fail. You can get back to the gates.

I'm really wanting to flame the shit out of you, but it's hard, because I can't stop laughing about how fucking stupid you sound in the part that I quoted.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

lol i actually fail. I didnt know you could run up the stairs and hop over the wall. woot :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    is that a poem?
    No, terrible editing. Same difference.

lol i actually fail. I didnt know you could run up the stairs and hop over the wall. woot :D
    Yeah, there's two spots, one that drops you all the way to the West wall, and actually drops you in some water, another drops you off the wall connecting the two exits, dropping you on the B.Thickets side.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I fell in the water and panicked because I couldn't find the way out.....I feel your pain. XD

Banned.

BG Level

As far as I am concerned, Beseiged doesn't exist during JP time.

Otherwise, it is a fantastic event ever since they adjusted the strength.