Thread: Besieged since the patch.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Besieged since the patch.

Massive dc's from what I can tell. I was dc'd, then kicked off and told to update my files, and now it's not loading me back into Al Zahbi.

Looks like Shiva is going to lose this Besieged...

E. Body
    BG Level

Posted this in another thread:

Just had a beseieged and it was my most laggiest gaming experience of all time. YES IT WAS MORE LAGGY THAN PSO ON DREAMCAST!

Beseieged seriously fails.
    It was my first besieged too, and boy what an impression it made /sarcasm

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Posted this in another thread:

Just had a beseieged and it was my most laggiest gaming experience of all time. YES IT WAS MORE LAGGY THAN PSO ON DREAMCAST!

Beseieged seriously fails.
    It was my first besieged too, and boy what an impression it made /sarcasm
    Beseieged was always laggy as hell.. i can only imagin now...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

From what I can tell, it was either lack of updating beforehand or just being an NA player that caused this. I was able to log back on soon after Besieged ended. 744 in the zone, but somehow that was less congested than 2min prior? Bleh, didn't get any IS or anything.

The JP I was partied with pre-dc said he had the update so he had no trouble, I assume that was the major issue.

And Besieged couldn't possibly not be laggy, I like the concept of Besieged so I'll keep doing it, those are nice rewards too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you do it in the afternoon EST, there is no lag since there are less than 200 people. Do it during NA or JP prime time and you are fucked. Still managed to get 700 IS.

BTW, this latest patch for beseiged was really dumb. You now get randomly put in a certain part of town. Ok, that makes sense. Let's form an alliance and now the alliance is seperated.

I was in an alliance of 18 on WHM. I was put back near the homepoint while the rest of the alliance was up front. WTF. You expect me to just chill back here and do nothing since the mobs will never reach here? No, you just make me run for 2 minutes through laggy hell to get to the front again so I can actually heal my party.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

we just had one, no change yet as far as I can see. This was the first time I went BLM and I must say I'm completely disappointed. I only managed to get 308 XP after using up all my mana 3 times on Thundersday with Thunder IV/ga III. I have the obi and AF2 pants and my thunder IVs did 205 damage...on the contrary my mnk buddy hit for 60 damage per fist.

What the fuck. I feel sorry for all BLMs that only have that job at 75.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The easiest job for getting max points is whm. You don't need to attack anything or worry about doing damage, just tab until you see any random person with low hp, and cast a few cure5s. Max points (700) guaranteed :wink:

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    What the fuck. I feel sorry for all BLMs that only have that job at 75.
    Yeah my LS leader showed some content to that as well, he just melees now lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yep, same thing happened to me. Tried to zone into Alzabi, got kicked. Kept trying to get on but apparently the 750 people in the zone had congested the server and I was unable to get back on until after beseiged was over. Actually, ever since the update they did I've R0 a LOT and gotten kicked several times, even in Mount Zhayloum when no one else was around.

So BLM isnt good at one event. They own 99% of all others just bythemselves. Big Deal.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Yeah, I solo'd my way into a dalmatica coz im a blm and can do 99% of anything in FFXI by myself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You expect me to just chill back here and do nothing since the mobs will never reach here?
    I've seen mobs get to the homepoint, and just about everywhere else in the zone too.

You expect me to just chill back here and do nothing since the mobs will never reach here?
    The new L5 attacks get through all the scrubs standing at the gates.
    Mobs push their way into town to tango with npcs.

Twenty or thirty mobs doing massive AoEs tend to take the wind out of
    the 'front line'.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    I've seen mobs get to the homepoint, and just about everywhere else in the zone too.
    Not when there are 750 people.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    Not when there are 750 people.
    I'm surprised mobs get killed so fast when there are 750 people lagging each other at the gate....OMG IT WAS SO PAINFUL!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Besieged in any sort of prime time (jp/na) is true and utter shit.

BLM gets more points by playing whm than blm - just tab around and cure3 random people till you run out of mp, then rest and do it again. Fuck DMG, who they hell do you think you are?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    BLM gets more points by playing whm than blm - just tab around and cure3 random people till you run out of mp, then rest and do it again. Fuck DMG, who they hell do you think you are?
    Not a white mage, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Not a white mage, that's for sure.
    Not a White Mage untill today.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

2 lv5 besieged on gilgamesh yesterday (trolls and undead). Neither wound up breaching the gates. Only reason they got by the gates last time was because that shit caught everyone off guard, and everyone got smoked. Raked in 700 XP/IS on my BRD69 both times. Run around, cast a few elegies/requiems, keep myself cured...find my party and somehow cast minuet/march...easy xp.

What is this patch you speak of ?!?