FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumu
    Quote Originally Posted by royze
    phalanxx soloed charybdis to 40ish% until some NA pt stole it from him

he subbed theif ...grav and flee to big grimmonite room

this is prolly last year or so..
    Fuck, it takes a special kind of greed and stupidity to do something like that.
    Can't blame them since Phalanxx isn't exactly most liked on bahamut. Not that I would do anything like that, though.
    phalanxx is actually one of the coolest people you'll ever meet in the game if you get a chance to talk to him.

His english is pretty good and he's also smart.

I was there when he did that lol, No one stole anything from him ;p, He got it to 40% and a smn came and helped him, then more came to help, and then they killed. At least i'm pretty sure that's how it went.. Was he speed hacking that day? >.< he ran faster than me and he had no speed gear on

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeheur

I was there when he did that lol, No one stole anything from him ;p, He got it to 40% and a smn came and helped him, then more came to help, and then they killed. At least i'm pretty sure that's how it went.. Was he speed hacking that day? >.< he ran faster than me and he had no speed gear on
    They said he subbed THF and fleed. Reading comprehension > you

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

Can't blame them since Phalanxx isn't exactly most liked on bahamut. Not that I would do anything like that, though.
    phalanxx is actually one of the coolest people you'll ever meet in the game if you get a chance to talk to him.

His english is pretty good and he's also smart.
    You think people care when your LS wins claims 80% of the time and are at multiple camps at all times of the day and are suspected botters?

Not so much now I don't think (not with Sisterfuck around at least), I don't see FI that much, I also haven't been to any camps lately so I don't know really (or care).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't really know how you could gravity and flee to the bridge room for Charybdis honestly, that thing loses hate if you get any amount of distance on it whatsoever. Plus the added complication that if you try to bind and pull it it simply flies straight up walls and cuts you off that way. Once you do get it to the big room it's not much of a problem, just DOT and nuke when bind recast is up and don't let him get near you ever. Paralyze is very strong also and can be a lifesaver for if he does happen to get close enough to get a round of attacks off.

And whoever said that you want to see a full video of Genbu.....you don't. Trust me. It's 3 hours of running the exact same path, casting bio and utsusemi, and using antidotes. If watching a 3 hour movie of something that boring and predictable sounds fun to you might I recommend that you go purchase The Patriot on DVD and try that instead. I've done that fight twice now (with absolute shit for drops both times) and I can't imagine wanting to put myself through that ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morathi
    I don't really know how you could gravity and flee to the bridge room for Charybdis honestly, that thing loses hate if you get any amount of distance on it whatsoever. Plus the added complication that if you try to bind and pull it it simply flies straight up walls and cuts you off that way. Once you do get it to the big room it's not much of a problem, just DOT and nuke when bind recast is up and don't let him get near you ever. Paralyze is very strong also and can be a lifesaver for if he does happen to get close enough to get a round of attacks off.

And whoever said that you want to see a full video of Genbu.....you don't. Trust me. It's 3 hours of running the exact same path, casting bio and utsusemi, and using antidotes. If watching a 3 hour movie of something that boring and predictable sounds fun to you might I recommend that you go purchase The Patriot on DVD and try that instead. I've done that fight twice now (with absolute shit for drops both times) and I can't imagine wanting to put myself through that ever again.
    lol@the Patriot. seriously.
    I remeber once there was a guide someone linked me to about how to solo genbu.. I need to find that link and try it once for kicks and I need those damn mitts... 0/too many to count.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=po ... 56#1666156

I made that a while back but honestly Genbu is one of the easiest things in the game to solo. Guivre is a much, much harder fight to pull off due to the location (aggro mobs all around), his running speed, and 100% resistance to gravity.

Genbu is just having 3 hours of spare time and a lot of patience and not making any stupid mistakes during that time.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I made that a while back but honestly Genbu is one of the easiest things in the game to solo. Bune is a much, much harder fight to pull off due to the location (aggro mobs all around), his running speed, and 100% resistance to gravity.

Genbu is just having 3 hours of spare time and a lot of patience and not making any stupid mistakes during that time.
    you are thinking ungur? Bune is gravity-able and there are no aggro mobs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Oh my bad, not Bune or Ungur. I meant Guivre

Ungur is really easy compared to the other 2 because he doesn't resist gravity like Guivre and doesn't draw in like Bune. Pulling him is a bitch though and he also likes to lose hate if you go too far, usually right on top of a lvl 58 party fighting goblins.

Morathi is a newb and broke my pearl

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bune is a much, much harder fight to pull off due to the location (aggro mobs all around), his running speed, and 100% resistance to gravity.
    NANIIIII??????

Hitaru and myself held bune for like 10-15min on his rdm and on my nin with people watching. I ran it around the rock with gravity on, never losing my shadows lol.

Gravity does land and hardly gets resisted. Then again, Hitaru is a very very good rdm.

Phalanxx may have been /thf, But what i meant was, he was running faster normally around the little pond thing, than I or my partner who was with me >.<

and unless flee last 30 minutes >.> i think he might have speed hax00rz