Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lamiabane latent     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Lamiabane latent

Well been doing some testing and sofar its not hp or mp, mob your fighting or engaged to mob. Strange thing also i havent found a area where i am able to use the enhancement. If beseiged was happening soon I would test it there. Going to try and use it in some other areas now.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did you try using the enchantment in Arrapago Reef ?

Well enhancement works in reef. Going to see if it works in halvung now.

Its 1mp/tick refresh -.-

latent must be active in dungeons. I was in halvung and with it on i did 1275 damage and without it with +2int ammo item i did 1268. So 7 more damage. This is with the latent ring active but not pendent. So with pendent it could be higher.

With all my latents on it only did 4 damage higher then with my phantom on. This was a rdm troll though

Should work for assaults so might not be that bad

Ok seems the weaker the mob is to magic the better it is. On a mnk troll normals did 1356, with bane it did 1365.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Suci
    latent must be active in dungeons. I was in halvung and with it on i did 1275 damage and without it with +2int ammo item i did 1268. So 7 more damage. This is with the latent ring active but not pendent. So with pendent it could be higher.

With all my latents on it only did 4 damage higher then with my phantom on. This was a rdm troll though

Should work for assaults so might not be that bad

Ok seems the weaker the mob is to magic the better it is. On a mnk troll normals did 1356, with bane it did 1365.
    Did you test it on the exact same mob? Thats a small enough difference where it could have been a level difference in the mob that is throwing your numbers off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have trollbane. The latent, like the lamiabane, covers both the extra stat AND the use of enchantment charges on it, making it really easy to understand how the latent works.
    Basically open up /besieged map, you will see 4 dots. 3 are the enemies, undead swarm, mamoolja, trolls. 1 is the town.
    When you click on the corresponding enemy area (for lamiabane arrapago reef, for trollbane halvung, etc), all the dots connected to are ok for that latent.
    So lamiabane works in arrapago reef, caederva mire, etc.
    Trollbane works in halvung, mt Z., etc.
    I tested this by just trying to use enchantment on it while running, so it wouldn't actually be used. Since it is latent too, it only works in those areas.

I really wish they would be switched, like you do i am sure, since blms tend to do burn pts in mt.Z. and don't care about crit+, and I tend to solo/duo xp in caederva mire on VT imps and don't care about magic attack+.

But I am a monk and just being able to finally have a boomerang is all I really cared about.

Old Merits
    BG Level

so wait, latent can or can't work in another beastmen's area? Suci seems to say it can, Genome says it's tied to the enchantment....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Suci didn't try it yet in a place where the latent is active (arrapago, caedarva, etc), and his sample for each case he tried was 2 mobs, and he saw less than 1% difference. I would guess this was just normal variability on mob levels etc, at least until he goes to areas where we know latent is active and tests, I would expect that to show a greater effect.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

You are able to use the enchantment of the Lamiabane in Halvung, and not Mount Zhayolm. (IE you get magic attack bonus in Halvung and not Mount Zhayolm.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    You are able to use the enchantment of the Lamiabane in Halvung, and not Mount Zhayolm. (IE you get magic attack bonus in Halvung and not Mount Zhayolm.)
    Are you saying this because you tried it or you heard it? Not that I don't believe you but it kinda throws the whole theory out of whack, and sounds like it could be just confusion, unless you used it there personally.

I don't have lamiabane yet (I probably won't get it since I don't need magic attack), but I have and have tested Trollbane, and that one works in halvung and not in places like caederva mines or bhaflau Thickets or ilrusi atoll. So if what you said is true and not just confusing names of items or places, it means they all work in Halvung, troll territory?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Or all 3 could just work in the beastman strongholds (reef, halvung, mamook) and nowhere else. Which is kinda nice if its true. Too bad the mountain would be awesome for blm.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    Are you saying this because you tried it or you heard it? Not that I don't believe you but it kinda throws the whole theory out of whack, and sounds like it could be just confusion, unless you used it there personally.

I don't have lamiabane yet (I probably won't get it since I don't need magic attack), but I have and have tested Trollbane, and that one works in halvung and not in places like caederva mines or bhaflau Thickets or ilrusi atoll. So if what you said is true and not just confusing names of items or places, it means they all work in Halvung, troll territory?
    Yes I personally tested it. I have not tested the magic attack bonus yet because I just really haven't had time, I could go on my rdm one of these days and check if the MAB is different from the reef > halvung which I'm guessing it should be. This is just a guess but I think you'll get more mab in the reef than in Halvung or Mamook.

Vobent

What about besige?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I just tested trollbane in Arrapago reef, it works there but not in mire.
    So it looks like all 3 boomerangs work in all the 3 areas, but not the surrounding areas like caedarva or Mt. Zhayolm.

I didn't think of trying it during a besieged attack but on normal times it doesn't work there, and when i got the signal that they were invading the woodlands it still didn't work there.

Vobent

It would only make sense if it worked during besiged, like the PFC items are.
    But, I guess having them work in the three beastmen strongholds is good enough. :D

It works in dungeon areas. Works in Halvung and reef sofar. Works in assault but the enhacement dont. With it i was just able to get 1368 T4 on the rank 3 reef assault mobs(leechs crabs flesh).

Vobent

And your normal T4's?

Hmm didnt really check since we were on a timelimit in assault. I had my other friend checking me out to see how i was doing more damage then her though. So must have been enough to get her wondering.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ok I just tested trollbane today in besieged, latent is not on in any of the 3 besieged (trolls, undeads, mamool). It is also not on during assault, but it is on in all 3 areas mamook arrapago reef and halvung (but not the surrounding areas).

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Ok I just tested trollbane today in besieged, latent is not on in any of the 3 besieged (trolls, undeads, mamool). It is also not on during assault, but it is on in all 3 areas mamook arrapago reef and halvung (but not the surrounding areas).

Booo!